Breaking through the morning flat - which pairs? - page 11

baltik писал(а) >>

Whatever stop you take
but the total loss is almost equal to the total profit and 97 trades for the year
0.4 per day or 7 per month I think there are more morning flotshes in a year
i.e. 12*20=480 i.e. a break in the morning flat is 480 trades per year
average profit 137.20* 480/2 = 32928
average loss 68.38*480/2= 16411

This is how an Expert Advisor should work out the year with the given strategy keeping in mind the 50/50 winning ratio.

The experience of such strategies shows that period and stop are very important for them. Not every "morning flat" is taken into account, the entry rules were stated above. And we should not pay too much attention to the model indicators so to say, this is a rough draft. One can only conclude that the strategy can be considered for trading. By the way, the model has shown negative results when tested according to the rules.

assol_7 писал(а) >>

Incidentally, the model tested in accordance with the rules showed negative results.

It is quite possible and even more probable that the price was shooting at the breakthrough and then went in the other direction.
Recently we watched it at 1.3800 EUR/USD - bear trap - stops were taken and the price went down to 1.3600

There is an insurance for this method most recent post on the page
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/124250/page3

We use a flat channel - two 1x-lot pending orders respectively buy up, sell down
When this order breaks through - change the second one to 2x and trawl 30p by another one till the other channel level
total: the channel is 30p - so we take 30-35p which almost corresponds to 50p, chips

In case of a price reversal and opening of 2x order - closeby
As a result, we again have 1x but in the direction of movement

The only difference is that instead of a trailing stop we use a "trailing stop" of the 2nd size for the opposite close
Trivial, but we save on ONE spread.

in general ....

baltik писал(а) >>

We use a flat channel - two 1x-lot pending orders respectively buy up, sell down
When this order breaks through - change the second one to 2x and trawl 30p by another one till the other channel level
total: the channel is 30p - so we take 30-35p which almost corresponds to 50p, chips

In case of a price reversal and opening of 2x order - closeby
As a result, we again have 1x but in the direction of movement

The only difference is that instead of a trailing stop we use a "trailing stop" of the 2nd size for the opposite close
Trivial, but we save on ONE spread.

In general ....

I am trying this idea on real account, the thing is that the concept of price reversal is very vague, as a rule the price breaks through a level repeatedly.
Files:

Here is the result of the strategy when placing pending orders from the Asian session channel on both sides, the width of the channel is very important, but this parmeter is stable. Optimization of this parmeter was done on a history of one year trading result h 2005 to 2010

Symbol GBPUSD (GREAT BRITAIN POUND vs US DOLLAR)
Period 1 Hour (H1) 2001.01.01 00:00 - 2010.03.19 18:59 (2001.01.01 - 2010.03.20)
Model By open prices (only for Expert Advisors with explicit bar opening control)
Parameters SKanal=210; StopLoss_Step=10; Slippage=1; Sensitivity=10; Use_Aggressive=false; TokyoStart=0; TokyoEnd=8; LondonStart=9; Countdown=1; RiskRatio=0.03;
Bars in history 58225 Modelled ticks 115433 Modeling quality n/a
Chart mismatch errors 0
Initial deposit 10000.00
Net profit 1328.73 Total profit 2842.04 Total loss -1513.31
Profitability 1.88 Expected payoff 66.44
Absolute drawdown 382.77 Maximum drawdown 639.33 (6.23%) Relative drawdown 6.23% (639.33)
Total trades 20 Short positions (% win) 9 (66.67%) Long positions (% win) 11 (27.27%)
Profitable trades (% of all) 9 (45.00%) Loss trades (% of all) 11 (55.00%)
Largest profitable trade 1131.07 losing transaction -221.10
Average profitable deal 315.78 losing deal -137.57
Maximum number continuous wins (profit) 2 (1217.47) continuous losses (loss) 3 (-382.10)
Maximum continuous profits (number of wins) 1217.47 (2) Continuous loss (number of losses) -382.10 (3)
Average continuous winnings 2 continuous loss 2

Here is a rough result of portfolio testing:
instrument profit trade drawdown

GBPUSD 1.31 44 10%
GBPCHF 3.19 22 6%
GBPJPY 1.56 156 18%
GBPAUD 1.07 123 20%
GBPCAD 1.69 4 5%
GBPNZD 1.30 26 14%, as not promising instruments you can exclude GBPAUD GBPCAD, then the average profit = 1.84, 248 deals average of one trade a day per year, drawdown in the worst case can reach = 48%. I think the strategy has prospects for real trading. What others have suggestions? The branch seems to be dead or all of the morning flat is over. :)

I have a Pound Expert Advisor on my real account, it shows good results. https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9321 Posting the statement is not informative, because there are 2 Expert Advisors on my account, + TS on the pound + manual work on different currencies, but with normal parameters it is a very good profit.
Happy trading to all!!!

Fibo писал(а) >>

I have a Pound Expert Advisor on my real account, it shows good results. https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9321 Posting the statement is not informative, because there are 2 Expert Advisors on my account, + TS on the pound + manual work on different currencies, but with normal parameters it is a very good profit.
Happy trading to all!!!

I dont know and never heard any positive feedback from my EA. If you have several EAs on one account and one MT4 then they trade with magiks, no problem isolating trades on the EA we are interested in.

Dserg >>:

Натягиваю канал линейной регрессии (стандартный из метатрейдера) по времени: в обычные дни от 23 до 06, в понедельник от открытия до 06 по GMT

Вот сегодняшняя сделка по EURGBP - закрыл с профитом.

Checked the probabilities - it makes sense to use a rollover martin, 3 rollovers maximum. Total probability of a series of 3 trades failing is not the calculated 5.57%, but much less. We need to check it out. There seems to be a market inefficiency on this issue.
It is clear that martin itself is a dangerous thing, but if:
1) limit the total number of iterations of a martin and the maximum lot.
2) based on the maximum loss calculate the % of the deposit for the transaction
3) identify that for this strategy gives stat. advantage, which is possible only if:
4) a series of losses is rare, but not exceptional, and it is possible to assess the overall MO of the system.

Then I believe martin can be applied.

Dserg писал(а) >>

Checked the probabilities - it makes sense to use a rollover martin, max 3 rollovers.

How do you expect to proceed if the price goes into a losing area after the 3rd flip?
Reason: