Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 93

most likely it is the message that will be logged in comments column of the account statement

Contest Version

Hi all,

For the people that are running the contest version, can you post please, the settings used?

I will have another session running with this version, so I can also report these results, with MT plataform.

Thanks

aghenry1:
I have a question for those who have a knowledge of programming, which I don't. In the contest version of Phoenix under the Buy/Sell conditions (in the code) the word "Phoenix 3" is found as written here. I cannot find another reference to it in the code at all. I noticed it when I did a flyover with the mouse in the trades window to see what indicator fired the signal. I was under the impression the you couldn't just give something a name, but it had to be referred to or by something else. Just trying to understand why it would be there and what the function might be. A simple answer will do no need to wear yourself out explaining.

Thanks

Greg

most likely it is the message that will be logged in comments column of the account statement

EA's in GENERAL

Just a suggestion. This may be a bit off-topic. I'm all for standardising things. Seems the problem of "settings" is slowing down testing. One of two things could be done and am shure it will help Phœnix in testing.

1) Make each EA currency-pair-specific. The name of the EA will start with the pair e.g. EURUSD_Mega_V1.01.mq4. All EA's for the Euro would have the start of their name as such. Settings would be embedded and would be fewer in number. I think the settings and modes (too many) are a drag of testing. When you consider the permutations of the settings in any EA at present, we could be forever testing and not making money (the onject of the exercise).

2) Or we continue to use the present system BUT put all manual settings in a file (some EA's already do that) and call that file by the name of the pair plus date etc to be used by the EA. That way we can have all settings that others use in a file and print it and put it under lock and key (if its a good one).

Pipsqueak2

flyhigh:
Hey guys, tryit backtesting with new version 200 of MT4. My backtesting is totaly diferent beside previous version. What do you thing?

Hi Flyhigh,

My testing shows it is only a bit different. 1-2 trade different. But so far it is OK.

raffaelegalbiati:
Does anybody knows why Phoenix Contest version does not work on a mini account with 500 USD? It seems only working on standard accounts. Is there something to set up in the code?

Thanks,

Raf

Hi Raf,

Yes, contest version doesn't have micro account. You can use 4.2 or 5 version with phoenix_conteset setting for usdjpy. Change the setting to:

SMAPeriod = 7;

SMA2Bars = 14;

Percent = 0.0032;

TakeProfit = 42;

StopLoss = 84;

TrailingStop = 0;

OSMAFast = 5;

OSMASlow = 30;

OSMASignal = 2;

EnvelopePeriod = 2;

Fast_Period = 25;

Slow_Period = 15;

DVBuySell = 0.003;

DVStayOut = 0.024;

daraknor:

Managing large projects has shown that it is best to have organization model match the information model. I would prefer a settings file with the major version of Phoenix (any change in indicators would require a separate settings file), the currency, and the timeframe. If it is buy only or sell only, we should include that information. Hopefully the buy only/sell only version will manage settings in a way we can distinguish them apart.

Wau, it is amazing the knowledge level and organization skills of some posters here. I'm getting impression, that with all this spirit (and if project really become well organized) that Hendrix may come back since he wouldn't need to carry all the work anymore.

Btw, I have one opinion - and I may be wrong. Maybe would be good parctice, that we try to keep this complex project as simple as possinbe or it may grow into the unmanageable monster, regardless of good organizatinon.

I glad, that you are willing to use your time and resources for this project.

Thank you!

Mario

fikko:

I do not want to take on charge on this thread. Let Daraknor if he wanted to. I have many private mails today and I understand very well how Hendrick get stress with all of the questions!!!

I have one suggestions. Actually two:

- maybe could be good idea, that we have policy 'no PM'

As silly as sound, it is not really so silly. Maybe some suggestion comming into PM is good, but have one flaw and someone here on the thread could spot it, but not if used in PM.

But more important is, that those, which will have the most work to do (those who will be in charge for something) those will be flodded with PM's

So I would sugest, that we all just start to ignore PM's (unless reasonable exception).

- second suggestion, could be one FAQ msg with most frequently asked questions (15 min time period etc...)

That FAQ msg could also contain latest versions of Phoenix and all tutors, how to get 90% modeling quality for back testing, Vince's optimization tutor, Hendrix's Ultimate guide....

And then we can redirect to this post every new member to this thread.

Ah, one more thing, that FAQ post should have this sentence included: "Please, don't waste importand time of key members with PM-ing to them"

Unless not, of course

Mario

Reason: