Market Hours Indicators - page 5

cja:
That is a real old indicator i have not seen that one for a while, i will look at altering the size although as far as i am aware no one else has had this issue, the times need to be altered by the user as it depends on what your MT4 platform is set at from memory

I have added in the option of Text Size & Text Type also the option to have colored panels or outlines.

cja

market_profiles_v1.ex4

Hi cja,

How to disable the bottom separate window if we do not want it displayed on the chart? Thanks.

TradeTime indicator mod.

Wasn't sure where to post this - just a small modification to Kalenzo's 'TradeTime' indicator. Added a 'dead-zone' option (useful if you trade futures)

Files:

omelette:
Wasn't sure where to post this - just a small modification to Kalenzo's 'TradeTime' indicator. Added a 'dead-zone' option (useful if you trade futures)

omelette..can you show some idea how to trade with it?

Files:
3_2.gif  16 kb

marketzone,added japan hour.Thanks to my friend whois created this for me

Files:
4.gif  33 kb

The idea behind the 'dead-zone' is simply that just before/when/after traders head off for lunch, trading tends to become much 'choppier', leading to whipsaws and false triggering, so unless you are scalping for pips, the idea is to avoid these times - just time-zone filtering basically. The best moves tend to happen at the beginning and end of the trading day (stocks/futures) - just ignore if you trade forex only.

omelette:
The idea behind the 'dead-zone' is simply that just before/when/after traders head off for lunch, trading tends to become much 'choppier', leading to whipsaws and false triggering, so unless you are scalping for pips, the idea is to avoid these times - just time-zone filtering basically. The best moves tend to happen at the beginning and end of the trading day (stocks/futures) - just ignore if you trade forex only.

thanks omelette sharing the knowledge

Sessions indicator bug..... and Market profile

hi,

I have this sessions indicator, but there must be a bug in it - it keeps disappearing from the screen for no particular reason. Could someone fix it?

I need to see boxes for sessions 00-08, 08-11, 11-14, 14-17, 17-23.

I am working on a system based on the sessions and market profile indicators (stoch and cci used as triggers), and will share it after testing for 2-3 months. So fare the results are very very very decent.

By the way I will also attach the market profile indi that I have - it's OK, but slows down the terminal as hell online to the extent when MT practically freezes. Not critical - it is not a trading indicator, just for analysis and may be used offline, but still... Maybe there's a more optimized version around....

Thanx guys, the forex community is great

SVGuss

Files:

Programmatically figuring out when trading day ends

Is there anyway to determine how long left in a trading day or until close of trading on, for example, Friday?

Doesn't the exact time depend on your broker?

hcforde:
Doesn't the exact time depend on your broker?

The current time in your platform is the time of your broker server.

FerruFx

Reason: