Market Hours Indicators - page 3

lhookway:
Thanks for the info Mini, much appreciated. TraderRaj, I can assure you that I am not trying to waste anyones time. I believe I have a genuine question which I was hoped someone could help me with. I am sorry that you were unable to answer my question but thanks for replying anyways.

With all these information, you still haven't found your answer. Hmmmmm! This may help you get your specific answer but you may need to do some work like downloading and time conversion. Here is the link to: http://products.wrconsulting.com/en/index.php to get the Zone Tick World Time. In addition, I have uploaded the FX Times which you can download and save on your desktop. Run it. It should be in synch with DST change. Just remember, Florida EST or EDT is New York Time.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Files:
fx_times.zip  149 kb

Thanks fxcruiser, that is a nice little program, I appreciate the heads-up.

The main reason for my original question stems from http://www.worldmarkethours.com/Forex/Defaulta.htm?12,0,1,0,9 which suggests (either rightly or wrongly) that the Forex market has defined open and close times.

Further, worldmarkethours seems to suggest that the number of trading hours available in any given week in the Forex Market can fluctuate when New York and Wellington switch from DST to Standard Time during the course of the year.

That's how I read it anyway and my original questions were merely intended to further my understanding of Forex Market trading hours.

lhookway:
Thanks fxcruiser,......trading hours.

Hi lhookway,

I think I understood your question. Because of forex market is a dsitributed market all over the world (NY, London, Frankfurt, Sydney, Tokyo, ....), there is no designated open or close time of the "market" because that is not "one" market.

At different brokers you could trade from different times and mostly it depends on the kind of deal routing, f.e. via dealing desk or automated routing. On some brokers you can even trade on the weekend (outside the "normal" market hours, but the spreads are not attractive)

For your concrete trading approach it might be for more interest if the stop handling of your broker guarantees the execution prices even over weekend and if they close your account when the margin is not enough (mostly brokers do that) or if they perform a margin call which you must follow with new money.

My advice - select a broker which you think is the right for you, accept and work with his conditions and then concentrate on trading.

fxFox

session time marker

Hi

the indicator attached will be ploted in a separate window, it will have horizontal bars in different colours showing the different sessions,

blue for New Your.

Gold for London.

Green for Sydney.

Brown for Tokyo.

I attached an indicator and hope some one fineds useful and imporve on it and post the impovemnet back here.

the problem I am having with it is that it will not plot as soon as I attach it to a chart but only when I go to the edit window and close the edit window, "even if I don't edit anything".

any improvement or feedback is welcomed.

Files:

Forex hours

Here is a pretty nice utility that you can use to monitor FX market hours.

Found this on a FX site. Enjoy!

svirgo:
Here is a pretty nice utility that you can use to monitor FX market hours. Found this on a FX site. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, this simple little software is very handy to monitor Forex Market Hours.

And it's FREE...

Hello there..i've idea

original iparamonwork only show UK and US market open..

it is possible add the Asian (Japan) market Open like this?

can anyone create it?

thanks

Files:

Session Times Indicator

I'm looking for an indicator that shows what session (Sydney, Tokyo, London, New York) is currently open and the time in GMT. Broker of choice is IBFX and I assume I'll need to ajust offset?

Cheers!

These are handy. Thanks

different sessions

is there a site or something that have listed under what session the different pairs goes under like london session usa session and so on ?

best regards

Reason: