News and break out trading. Check this out. - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
alexandre habib
alexandre habib  

yassou yannis

Well yannis,you've done it

its a super great ea,congratulations

if you wuld try adding one variable though you would be the einstein of forex

just ty to code and include: Order remain active ".." minutes after opening and then closes at market price.

thnx and yassou

alecco

yeoeleven
yeoeleven  
Yannis:
John, If you have "Enable.News.Trading" to true, the time of the release also set (broker time), and the "Pre.Event.Entry.Minutes" to let's say 30, then the expert will place the straddle 30 minutes before the event. Once the event time is gone and your position closed, it won't place any more pending orders until next day under same conditions. So it will actually go to sleep itself after the event.

Thank you Yannis, I understand what you are saying but my point is that if the EA doesn't activate within a predetermined time then it would be better deleted. That is what happened to the JPY announcement earlier, I came home to find that it was still active 3 hours later because it had not hit the opening price and I was able then to delete both pending orders. By then it was no longer a news announcement and there would be no expected volatility.

John

Ioannis Sfairopoulos
Ioannis Sfairopoulos  

Alecco yassou to you too. (meaning hello for the non Greek speaking audience )

John,

I got your point now and you're right. I will add 2 parameters that will cover both your issue as well as Alecco's. One parameter that will keep any pending orders live for xx minutes, and another one that will shut down triggered trade after xx minutes if neither SL or TP are hit.

I expect to be able to release new update by the end of the day or tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and for helping making it better.

yeoeleven
yeoeleven  

News 8.30AM EST

Yannis,

I set the EA to trade the various announcements at 8.30AM EST GBPUSD using a M5 chart it said that it would adjust the pending orders until 2 minutes prior to the news event and that the news event was at 15.30 brokers time.

What happened was that it was still adjusting the pending orders 25 minutes after the event so obviously it could not activate a trade.

I removed the EA and deleted the pending trades but took a screen shot prior.

Please comment on why this happened. The screen indicated one scenario but it didn't follow the plan.

John

Files:
straddle5.gif 57 kb
Ioannis Sfairopoulos
Ioannis Sfairopoulos  

John,

What happened is simply a monumental bug that slept through my fingers, mostly due to my lack of time to forward test it thoroughly before releasing. I'm terribly pressed by time for day job the whole week and on the other hand i know everyone impatiently waits for updates. This is a mistake.

Nevertheless the bug is fixed, good thing it made me discover another one hidden and the additions are also implemented. Problem is that i had practically no feed to verify everything so i will release it tomorrow but still need to be careful. This is why i remind everyone NOT to take it live (for news) until we are sure everything works as expected.

I'm sorry for the troubles caused, and many thanks to all of you for the feedback you provide.

xxDavidxSxx
xxDavidxSxx  

I think your doing a great job. I noticed nothing wrong in my testing. But If you found another bug that you fixed cool.

No hurry take your time.

and thanks for all your effort.

Dave

Ioannis Sfairopoulos
Ioannis Sfairopoulos  

STraddle&Trail v3.30

Here is the latest version which fixes a couple of bugs but also implements the 2 additions discussed on previous posts. You will find 2 new parameters:

"Kill.Pending.After.Minutes=xx" Once the straddle is placed, the ea will check this parameter and if it is set to a value > 0 it will remove any pending order if not triggered at that time.

"Kill.Triggered.After.Minutes=xx" Same as above but for triggered trades that are going 'nowhere' xx minutes after event (neither SL or TP is reached).

Be cautious, all changes have been done without the possibility to check against live feed. This will be done today.

Files:
yeoeleven
yeoeleven  

Forward testing

Yannis:
Here is the latest version which fixes a couple of bugs but also implements the 2 additions discussed on previous posts. You will find 2 new parameters:

"Kill.Pending.After.Minutes=xx" Once the straddle is placed, the ea will check this parameter and if it is set to a value > 0 it will remove any pending order if not triggered at that time.

"Kill.Triggered.After.Minutes=xx" Same as above but for triggered trades that are going 'nowhere' xx minutes after event (neither SL or TP is reached).

Be cautious, all changes have been done without the possibility to check against live feed. This will be done today.

Thank you Yannis,

I have loaded this EA with the following settings

ShutDown.NOW=0

sStr00= 0=Everything

sStr01= 1=All Triggered Positions

sStr02= 2=Triggered Long

sStr03= 3=Triggered Short

sStr04= 4=All Pending Positions

sStr05= 5=Pending Long

sStr06= 6=Pending Short

ShutDown.What=0

ShutDown.Current.Pair.Only=1

sStr1==== POSITION DETAILS ===

Lots=0.30000000

Take.Out.Lots=0.10000000

Slippage=10

StopLoss.Pips=30

TakeProfit.Pips=60

Trail.Pips=15

Trail.Starts.After.BreakEven=1

Move.To.BreakEven.Lock.pips=1

Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips=15

sStr2==== NEWS EVENT ===

Enable.News.Trading=1

Distance.From.Price=30

Event.Start.Hour=17

Event.Start.Minutes=0

Pre.Event.Entry.Minutes=30

Stop.Adjusting.Min.Before.Event=2

Remove.Opposite.Order=1

Adjust.Pending.Orders=1

Kill.Pending.After.Minutes=10

Kill.Triggered.After.Minutes=10

Place.Straddle.Immediately=0

Debug=0

The time is set for the 10pm EST news release

The EA is wearing a grey hat is that because we now have an ex4 file rather than the previous mtq one?

John

Files:
Ioannis Sfairopoulos
Ioannis Sfairopoulos  

John,

Yes this why the ea is grayed out under the Expert Advisors tab of the Navigator. But the functionality of the expert has not changed at all. Just make sure that the time that you set up for your news release is your broker's time.

I am having an issue with the source code, it's always the same thing, someone takes it and then sells it as it own. So i decide to continue making Straddle&Trail better but without releasing the source code any more.

alexandre habib
alexandre habib  

yassou

yaaaaasouuu yannis

i will try your ea on a new release and come back to you

if it is possible to send me privatly the mq4 i will be more then happy to help ajust it according to another one i bought

and maybe share some of my real accounts working ea with you

my email is :aleccoh@yahoo.com

To add comments, please log in or register