News and break out trading. Check this out. - page 3

Forward testing

Before the latest news at 10pmEST was a surge upwards with the GBP/USD pair but immediately after for 10 minutes all went quiet.

The EA did everything it was supposed to do and after 10 minutes closed off my unactivated pending trades.

What happened then was that the pair climbed again.

It is all in the settings and since I am using a demo account there is plenty of time for me to learn. All in all this is a very useful EA and thanks to Yannis I will have the opportunity to keep trying.

I will include a screen shot of the action so if anyone can help in the settings for the next event please comment.

John

Files:
straddle6.gif  62 kb

yassou again

the ea is great yannis and the reason i asked you to send me the code is to try and help you programing some very important features :

date of the upcoming events and not just the hour so you can plan your week ahead for instance

multiple events in a day like 8:30 est AND 10:00 est AND etc....

Hour:Min:and seconds if possible since the best time to enter a pending order surely in highly volatile markets is 25 to 30 sec before in order to avoid adverse spikes

Waiting to hear from you again

Yassou Feinstein (Forex Einstein)

there was a bug in previous where it made an order once s/l or tp was hit. here's the latest version. Once a trade has been made and completed it won't make another untill reset. Its not a run 24/7 ea.

Dave

Re EA

Yannis:
Hi,

Well, this time Straddle&Trail worked like a charme.

I had wrong hours set up and this gave me the occasion to see the ea deleting pending orders after 10 minutes where price didn't hit any of them. In fact i was searching my pending orders, having forgot the new feature

Everything was properly in place half an hour before 14.00 GMT news, with 3 lots, take out 1 each time, SL30, TP60 and Trail at 15. The positions closed for a total of +64 pips (+15 +31 +18), i was expecting a little more on 3 lots but cannot complain overall.

I hope no one experienced any "malfunction" this time. Any feedback welcome.

I have got to say i have never personally liked atuo trading you are not in control but i like your EA because it is so user friendly for a mannual trader like myself, i have traded it on 2 lots of news with success and it ran perfectly, it deleted all the old posistions 10 minutes after the event as set etc. I have also used it for the BIG BEN GBP trade which is one of my favourite trades now instead of mannually setting up a straddle of 32 pips above and below the Frankfurt Open price i have saved a preset and just load your EA and the progressive stop where you can take profit at preset positions is fantastic it means less time monitoring my trades so closely and now i won't have to mannually close lots thru the trade. Well done an excellent tool, and i can understand why you are a little annoyed at these people who rip off your ideas and then try to sell them, I am a cut and paste programmer and not very good at it but i get by, but if i use someone elses indicator or modify the code i acknowledge the original programmer it is only right to do this.

I have two suggestions could you put an objectdelete or something similar into your ea so that it automatically deletes the arrows and lines when the trade ends, i find i have to go into the objects and delete everything there, only a small thing but it would improve things in my opinion.

And i am not 100% sure but perhaps some feedback from others using this EA would it be an advantage to be able to input seconds as well as minutes when setting up for a news release??

If you decide to release your EA code could you let me know as i would like to take the comments and put them into a separate window below the chart i find this makes the data a lot easier to read.

Once more well done and keep up the good work as time permits of course.

King Yannis

Well,where r u gone yannis

You made perhaps the Only "Workable on real live accounts" ea and dissapeared ???

Come back and great your fans Mr Feinstein

We Are 6 Traders using actively your Straddle & Trail EA and we are longing to see you back online with us.

Yassou Yannis

Hi everyone,

Sorry for been away that long, but it took 3 weeks and around the clock work to solve a serious problem with a big client who was very close to being lost. This left very little time for experts’ development and the majority of this time was used for a new breakout expert that was launched lately. Fortunately things are back to normal since yesterday and I will be able to resume all pending matters with auto trading. So here is the new version (v4.00) for Straddle&Trail and these are the changes made:

Pre.Event.Entry.Minutes is now changed to Pre.Event.Entry.Seconds

This can allow the placement of pending orders just seconds before the event.

The default value is kept to 1800 which is 30 minutes before the event. The lowest value you can use is 5 seconds.

Stop.Adjusting.Min.Before.Event is now changed to Stop.Adjusting.Sec.Before.Event

Same as above, this will allow the expert to adjust pending orders up to a few seconds before the event. Default value is 120 which is 2 minutes.

Kill.Pending.After.Minutes and Kill.Triggered.After.Minutes are also converted to Kill.Pending.After.Seconds and Kill.Triggered.After.Seconds to be in line with all settings. Here also, the values used are now in seconds.

Deletion of all the arrows once the expert opens any open position

Next version will have a much better news management system, fully automated, with possibility of news ‘rating’ according to their volatility and different parameters definition and values for each event, programmable in advance. I’m working on designing this automation mechanism and once finished, I will go on with coding it. This should be a great improvement and give the ea a huge flexibility towards news trading.

Current version has a time restriction and is limited until the end of the month. I would like all the users in this thread who posted even a single message and actually use Straddle&Trail, to send me by email their email address and their user name, and I will provide each one of them with a free fully working personalized copy of latest version as well as any future version and update. This is the very least I can do for your help, support and encouragement.

Further details or inquiries outside expert's functionnality and results should be taken privately outside the thread, contact me privately (jsfero@otenet.gr).

This version was not tested on live feed, although it was backtested and everything seems to be working correctly, so be careful on Monday to try it first on a demo account until we are sure all features work as intended.

Files:

I too have 2 Ea's for news...1 for smaller news and 1 for bigger news. maybe ill post them as i dont use them anymore really no need i found out after 8yrs of watching news releases im better at manual trading it based on FIBOS and ATR values to make sure i leave enough room for a swing in the opposite direction and to get max profit instead of just getting out for no reason.. I will hunt down those EA's when i get a chance and maybe if I get to be released from this damn hospital ill get a chance to really show off this non EA system ive been working on for the last 5-6 months

automatedtrader:
I too have 2 Ea's for news...1 for smaller news and 1 for bigger news. maybe ill post them as i dont use them anymore really no need i found out after 8yrs of watching news releases im better at manual trading it based on FIBOS and ATR values to make sure i leave enough room for a swing in the opposite direction and to get max profit instead of just getting out for no reason.. I will hunt down those EA's when i get a chance and maybe if I get to be released from this damn hospital ill get a chance to really show off this non EA system ive been working on for the last 5-6 months

Well, thank you for thinking of us while in the hospital Hope you on your way to the fast recover soon.. Can't wait to read your system and make more pips from them. thank you and take care..

Yannis,

Can you give out detailed specs on what each of the settings within the EA means.

Thanks

Interesting EA we have here, and I have to say thanks for sharing it!

It's quite understandable why you won't release the code...but maybe you'll change your mind for the few of us who really want to add value to the EA not to abuse it...

I was thinking to add some logic around taking profits based on ATR as well as scaling in and out...if I would have the code.

Anyway please keep us posted with your ideas!

mike

Reason: