News and break out trading. Check this out.

I have limmited testsing on this. But looks great so far. Full instructions are in the EA.

Be sure to...

1. set "Enable.News. Trading" to true and "Place.Straddle. Immediately"

parameter to false when trading news

2. set "Enable.News. Trading" to false and "Place.Straddle. Immediately"

parameter to true if you want to play a narrow range breakout

unrelated to news events.

3. set "Enable.News. Trading" to false and "Place.Straddle. Immediately"

also to false if you want the ea to simply work as a trailing ea for

manual positions. Please do read the documentation inside the code.

Dave

any results this far to post ?

Don't run this live. Its got a bug or something. I sent the maker a mesage and results of my tests.

when s/l or tp is hit its immediatly placing other orders and messing up the profits.

It shouldn't place another order once the triggered one is complete,untill reset.

Once this is taken care of this can be a great EA for breakouts and news trading.

Is anyone else testing and having the same problem?

Straddle_trail

This EA worked very well on the GDP deflator at 8.30EST.

Some suggestions re settings would be helpful.

I changed the Distance from price down to 20 and it activated the buy trade and cancelled the sell just before a retrace which almost immediately closed the order. The price continued downwards just far enough to have activated the sell order if it had not been cancelled. Then immediately rose and would have closed the sell order.

My settings were correct for FXDD time zone but would not be correct for SFBX or IBFX

ShutDown.NOW=0

sStr00= 0=Everything

sStr01= 1=All Triggered Positions

sStr02= 2=Triggered Long

sStr03= 3=Triggered Short

sStr04= 4=All Pending Positions

sStr05= 5=Pending Long

sStr06= 6=Pending Short

ShutDown.What=0

ShutDown.Current.Pair.Only=1

sStr1==== POSITION DETAILS ===

Lots=0.30000000

Take.Out.Lots=0.10000000

Slippage=10

StopLoss.Pips=30

TakeProfit.Pips=60

Trail.Pips=10

Trail.Starts.After.BreakEven=0

Move.To.BreakEven.Lock.pips=1

Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips=10

sStr2==== NEWS EVENT ===

Enable.News.Trading=1

Distance.From.Price=20

Event.Start.Hour=15

Event.Start.Minutes=30

Pre.Event.Entry.Minutes=5

Stop.Adjusting.Min.Before.Event=2

Remove.Opposite.Order=1

Adjust.Pending.Orders=1

Place.Straddle.Immediately=0

I have taken screen prints to illustrate the continued action and I have to say that the EA worked perfectly but there is some school of thought that suggests that those spikes are carefully manufactured just to trap the straddlers.

John

Files:
straddle1.gif  36 kb
straddle2.gif  56 kb
straddle3.gif  60 kb
straddle4.gif  58 kb

I trade FXDD real account. Actually in adition to mine I manage accounts on fxdd also. There are no price spikes caused by this broker. I am certian of that.

Dave

Yannis,

Thanks for the info, very helpful. I was trading the news with an EA, and then consolidation via manual method. I guess the EA will now be able to help me instead of having to do what I have been doing.

xxDavidxSxx,

Thanks for finding such an EA.

Straddle& Trail

Thank you Yannis,

I have downloaded your latest edition and have set it to operate during the upcoming JPY announcements.

After your comments on Distance from Price I have reverted to your original setting 30 pips.

Is there a setting to terminate this EA after a period of time inactivated?

I will be at work when the EA activates so it will be flying alone.

John

John,

If you have "Enable.News.Trading" to true, the time of the release also set (broker time), and the "Pre.Event.Entry.Minutes" to let's say 30, then the expert will place the straddle 30 minutes before the event. Once the event time is gone and your position closed, it won't place any more pending orders until next day under same conditions. So it will actually go to sleep itself after the event.

yassou yannis

Well yannis,you've done it

its a super great ea,congratulations

if you wuld try adding one variable though you would be the einstein of forex

just ty to code and include: Order remain active ".." minutes after opening and then closes at market price.

thnx and yassou

alecco

Yannis:
John, If you have "Enable.News.Trading" to true, the time of the release also set (broker time), and the "Pre.Event.Entry.Minutes" to let's say 30, then the expert will place the straddle 30 minutes before the event. Once the event time is gone and your position closed, it won't place any more pending orders until next day under same conditions. So it will actually go to sleep itself after the event.

Thank you Yannis, I understand what you are saying but my point is that if the EA doesn't activate within a predetermined time then it would be better deleted. That is what happened to the JPY announcement earlier, I came home to find that it was still active 3 hours later because it had not hit the opening price and I was able then to delete both pending orders. By then it was no longer a news announcement and there would be no expected volatility.

John

Reason: