News and break out trading. Check this out. - page 5

Indicators Needed?

Yannis, just wanted to say thanks for sharing this EA,

I have been testing in a demo account this week with good results so far.

do i need to have any special indicators attached to the chart for this EA

and what chart time frame do you recommend?

Files:

Thanks for the modified EA and the user guide. Great Job

just joined in here

What a great expert this seems you are doing a great job lets hope I can help somewhere i have started testing forward today 4/5 pairs

Whip

Hello Yannis, Thanks for the update. Is it possible to set the EA not to enter the market before the event time so that we can straddle very tight and not worry about a whip causing an entry. I know the Ea can be set not to set a straddle before 25 sec. or lower I have not tested how close before the news, and then stop a change a few sec. before the news release but it is still possible to get a whip and entry. If someone knows how close the time a straddle can be set let me know. Great EA! Thanks again, Mike

positive pips:
Hello Yannis, Thanks for the update. Is it possible to set the EA not to enter the market before the event time so that we can straddle very tight and not worry about a whip causing an entry. I know the Ea can be set not to set a straddle before 25 sec. or lower I have not tested how close before the news, and then stop a change a few sec. before the news release but it is still possible to get a whip and entry. If someone knows how close the time a straddle can be set let me know. Great EA! Thanks again, Mike

The EA can be set to set the straddle immediately upon activation of the expert, if someone wanted that behavior. You can do that by setting "Pre.Event.Entry.Seconds" to 0 for example, or setting "Place.Straddle.Immediately" to true.

The issue is to be sure we want that behavior. I mean the whole idea is to skip the problems caused by the brokers (substancially larger spreads, huge requotes, platform frozen, market orders not executed....) a few minutes / seconds before and after the release. At least this is how i use the EA. What i may do is adjust the distance between the 2 positions as time comes closer to the release and depending on the volatility i see developing. I need the 2 pending positions to stay as far as posible from price so they won't accidentaly trigger, but i want them more closer, seconds prior to the release, to eventually 'gain' a few pips from the ones targeted.

Allow me also a reminder. Theres no need to use all 3 levels of TP available.

One could simply use 1 lot as Lot.Size, 0.5 as Take.Out.Lots and input 2 targets, one for TP1 and a second for TP2, setting TP3 to 0.

Consequently, one could use 1 lot (or any other size), 1 lot (or SAME other size) for Take.Out.Lots and use 1 target only (TP1), setting both TP2 and TP3 to 0.

Details and examples in the small doc file.

Yannis:

Cannot get the Straddle and Trail 5.00 to function on the MT4 on any platforms for any of the Trail or Take Profit functions, your older version 4.00 Comp version for Dolly Group works perfectly everytime on any chart, but I have been unable to get it to place the stops, Take Profit, or any function once it's attached to a chart, could you please check it out or post an updated version in the forum, thanks. I remember when you posted 4.00 you corrected a problem before and posted an updated version.

Hi Paul,

I will check this today and update later on today.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yannis

Hi Yannis,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing such a good instrument for mananging position. I have read your instruction but nevertheless I wasn't able to find out if is posible to set your EA to open a position every day at a given time. For example to buy one lot everyday at 9:00 GMT. Do you think that this is possible? Thank you again for developing and sharing such a good instrument.

Yannis sent me a NEW Un-Expired copy of Straddle and Trail Version 4.00, which is discussed at Post No #27. He told me I could post this version to the Forex Forum. He is currently checking and updating version 5.00 and will post the corrected version shortly. This ex4 Expert Advisor work's perfectly, as I have completely checked out the Trail portion.

Reason: