News and break out trading. Check this out. - page 4

Is this EA working great on live accounts? if so, what is the best version and settings to use?

Thanks

"Interesting EA we have here, and I have to say thanks for sharing it!"

Concur 100%....what a great EA! Damn creative.

Dang, some of you guys in this forum are just brilliant coders. Nice job, Yannis.

vdgraaf:
Interesting EA we have here, and I have to say thanks for sharing it!

It's quite understandable why you won't release the code...but maybe you'll change your mind for the few of us who really want to add value to the EA not to abuse it...

I was thinking to add some logic around taking profits based on ATR as well as scaling in and out...if I would have the code.

Anyway please keep us posted with your ideas!

mike

I like the idea of being able to scale out of trades. Selecting how many lost you would like to take off the table as the pair reaches certain limits.

If possible add several different limits. ex: limit1, limit2, limit3 (limit levels adjustable.

Add several TP levels: ex: Take 5 lots off at LIMIT1, 3 of at LIMIT2, 1 off at LIMIT3, and let one ride. (all adjustable ofcourse)

I have been using this over the last week and it is a very nice EA.

My results with amazing EA

Hi guys i started using amazing EA 1.1.8 last week witch is also for news. My results so far:

Money Duck:
I like the idea of being able to scale out of trades. Selecting how many lost you would like to take off the table as the pair reaches certain limits.

If possible add several different limits. ex: limit1, limit2, limit3 (limit levels adjustable.

Add several TP levels: ex: Take 5 lots off at LIMIT1, 3 of at LIMIT2, 1 off at LIMIT3, and let one ride. (all adjustable ofcourse)

I have been using this over the last week and it is a very nice EA.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your kind words.

Another project with a breakout EA is taking all my time at the moment, but i do hear all the requests and next version will have 'masked' stops, 3 different TP levels (much better than the simple trail, although trail remains as is) and will be out next weekend (with a quick user's guide). I will see if i will have time to include different lot size for each profit level as suggested by Money Duck.

Next step for semi automated news programing and fully automated afterwards still on 'design' bench, and since i see many co-traders co-coders are willing to give a hand, i could indeed use a helping hand from an experienced mt4 programmer. Since source code will be shared but i still want it to stay off forums and circulation, i would prefer working with someone i already know from the boards (no offense meant for anyone). Please send me an email (jsfero@otenet.gr) if you are interested, but please do not be offensed in anyway if we do not do that together.

Yannis

Yannis,

I have been testing this EA, but for some reason it is pulling both trades off the table. Not sure what is going on.

New to using EAs, but am willing to help you test it. I have a few others that will help out with testing as well.

hexadecimal:
Hi guys i started using amazing EA 1.1.8 last week witch is also for news. My results so far:

hi hexadecimal..

Thank you for share your EA...

Do you use default settings? if not what's your settings?

Thanks

This EA is protected and the author said in October that it would expire that month ... is there a new version ?

I have one suggestion - why don't you make your EA read a text file and in this text file everyone could describe the date/hour of the next news events + the settings for each one of them. For example:

Date|Lots|TakeProfit|StopLoss

2006-12-20 23:45|0.5|20|10

2006-12-21 8:30|1.5|25|10

This way all the trader needs to do is set the upcoming news events in the text file and go on a vacation .

eden159:
I have one suggestion - why don't you make your EA read a text file and in this text file everyone could describe the date/hour of the next news events + the settings for each one of them. For example:

Date|Lots|TakeProfit|StopLoss

2006-12-20 23:45|0.5|20|10

2006-12-21 8:30|1.5|25|10

This way all the trader needs to do is set the upcoming news events in the text file and go on a vacation .

This is exactly the way next version (semi automated) will work.

Yannis

Reason: