Dolly system - page 85

It's possible to write in dolly window with a font a little small? I have 800x600 resolution of monitor and I lost some information.....

Thanks for help!

MT4 Hanging up

Look people 1st take the time to read the thread, i explained when i 1st presented the G#MACD 2 that it was cpu hungry, and if you had problems to run the Standard G#MACD and the G#MACD Trading Signals as 2 separate indicators and that helps with the speed. When i presented the indicators someone only 2 posts below mine who had downloaded the indicators asked the same questions, this can get really frustrating.

I have found one of the main things that slows down MT4 response is too many charts open at once and having huge numbers of indicators in the indicator list dose'nt seem to help either. I run an AMD 2.6 with 512 megs of ram and everything runs fine, when i had my indicator list full of indicators and about 20 charts loaded with probably 6 indicators per chart then things did slow down, i think what happens is people cruise the net downloading every new indicator they can and before they know it they have 100 plus indicators plus 20,30 charts loading up and wonder why everything takes so long to load or respond ?????? I suggest you have a good clean out of indicators not being used and keep the open chart numbers down a low as possible plus make sure you don't have a virus running in the background which has happened to me, some basic computer maintenance can help as well.

Aside from that if you run just the new Dolly#10 it runs really fast so just run that and your own favourite indicators

MM indicator

increase:
CJA, Is the code available for mm short lines so I can add some comments to the bars?

Sorry increase i have been a little busy, the MM indicator is not ready for presenting with open source code yet as i have not had time to finish it off and clean it up, i will present as time permits, the way i have coded it may not allow you to successfully put any messages on the lines, i have coded it this way so as to keep the indicator small and to not take up to mauch space on Dolly.

cja

RRBO:
Thanks CJA and Gandhollz for reply once again.

Sorry CJA if I boring you about my ask. Im an begginer trader.

RRBO

No problem sorry if i appeared rude - happy trading

Dolly & MM

EURO/USD has dropped very quickly from 7/8 to 1/8 level on M1 and bottomed out on the 1/8 on M5, M15, M30 & H1 timeframes currently as per screen shot of M15 the M1 has just hit the 7/8 and reversed and could bounce off the 4/8 M1 & 2/8 M5 & M15 at 1.3275 meaning an expectation of price moving up to the 4/8 area on the M15 timeframe @ 1.3305 as usually if price drops through 5 levels quickly as the EURO did i would expect at least a 3 level reversal. The key is to watch the 4/8 M1 and 2/8 M5 & M15 and higher timeframes as each timeframe closes above 2/8 it confirms the upward rather than the downward move. The Higher timeframes on G#MACD still have downward signals although M15 has just changed up so a Margin of upward pressure is starting to show. Of course consider any impending News that may influence the short term move and factor that in.

Hope this is of help

Well price got stuck on the 3/8 M15 and tested it several times this shows downward pressure to stay below the lower trading range then price headed down and retested the 1/8 M15 and the -2/8 on the M1 I would like to see M1 reverse off the mid point of -1/8 -2/8 to be convinced of a good move up, a reversal on M1 from this level usually runs back to +1/8 +2/8 which is currently the 1.3295 area M5 has bounced off the 1/8 as has M15

& H1 the H4 Timeframe is sitting just above 5/8 the top of the trading range so for price to break down through here would show a change in trend G#MACD still showing downward pressure so lets see where the H1 candle closes above or below the 1/8, has just closed above the 1/8 so a reversal may be on again. M1 & M5 G#MACD have just both turned so a small run up is on the cards @ 1.3264 entry even if price ultimately runs further down you will still make something or you may get in early on a good move, set the stops tight and lock the breakeven as soon as you can, this is how i treat the entries at the Dolly levels, already price is at 1.3271 and climbing so i can lock in 5 pips and let it run its course.

Price ran up for a solid 50 pips to 4/8 M15 and reversed off the top of the trading range at 5/8.

Note how price has reversed off around the mid/point between +2/8 & +1/8 on the last M5 chart - this usually shows a reversal to at least the 4/8 if not all the way back to the -1/8 & -2/8 area M1 0/8 is @ 1.3275 so expect a bounce at this point, also the G#MACD M5 has confirmed the move down however it is leveling off now with no separation or angle so price could halt at the 4/8.

I realise this is not trading to the Dolly BUY/SELL areas but hope this will give some idea as to what you need to look for as price approaches the Dolly areas.

Files:
dolly_mm.gif  66 kb
mm.gif  79 kb
mm2.gif  77 kb

Thanks cja for your advice!

cja:
Look people 1st take the time to read the thread, i explained when i 1st presented the G#MACD 2 that it was cpu hungry, and if you had problems to run the Standard G#MACD and the G#MACD Trading Signals as 2 separate indicators and that helps with the speed. When i presented the indicators someone only 2 posts below mine who had downloaded the indicators asked the same questions, this can get really frustrating.

I have found one of the main things that slows down MT4 response is too many charts open at once and having huge numbers of indicators in the indicator list dose'nt seem to help either. I run an AMD 2.6 with 512 megs of ram and everything runs fine, when i had my indicator list full of indicators and about 20 charts loaded with probably 6 indicators per chart then things did slow down, i think what happens is people cruise the net downloading every new indicator they can and before they know it they have 100 plus indicators plus 20,30 charts loading up and wonder why everything takes so long to load or respond ?????? I suggest you have a good clean out of indicators not being used and keep the open chart numbers down a low as possible plus make sure you don't have a virus running in the background which has happened to me, some basic computer maintenance can help as well.

Aside from that if you run just the new Dolly#10 it runs really fast so just run that and your own favourite indicators

Thanks cja for your advice

I just deleted the indicators which were not being used. Now everything seems to work fine.

Dolly Trading

Hi Forum

Thanks go to the authors of this system, i have been using Dolly for a week or so and have found it to be a very useful trading tool, keeping it simple and uncluttered is the way to go, as you can see by the att chart, the trade history is 2 losses and 6 wins, demo acc, thats all the time i have had to trade, so as a result i will be going live tonight on my mini acc, being in OZZ i trade mostly the European open close.

cheers

cruise

Files:
dolly.gif  37 kb

That GMACD is so laggy, my pc is extremely good and it still makes my cpu lag. Anyway to fix that?

cpu usage

I have found that if you go to on an open chart go to tools,then options, and then charts, set max bars in history to 10,000 it helped my CPU problems I was having, now got 2 accounts running with a lot of charts open, EA'S running, and a lot of CPU robbing indicators 0n 1 gb. of Ram.Doing this 1 time covers all the charts you have up.

Hope this helps

mrtools

cja:
Load the "Dolly Graphics_#_10 WINDOW" & The "Dolly Window" onto the same chart, if you don't load the window then you will have no TEXT.

cja

great... thanks cja...

Reason: