Elite indicators :) - page 774

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
forexblasters:
Hello MR. Tools could you tell me what news indicator you are using? Thanks! Forexblasters

Forexblasters

He is using this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175881/page3

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
mladen:
An old one but ... made differently ___________________________ Since I first saw it, I have always liked the idea of a step stochastic. But every single version I have seen (amibroker, treadestation, metatrader) had two very serious flaws
- minimum and maximum average true range are inherited from a previous bar and thus it makes it depend on the number of bars used in calculations (displayed on chart - for example : if you change the number of bars displayed on chart, all of a sudden you are going to get completely different current results - in short, it will repaint) - the rest of the calculations depends on that "inherited" value, and, since with time the minimum and the maximum are just getting bigger (maximum) and smaller (minimum), the "step quality" of the step stochastic is simply lost when big enough number of bars pass (so the step stochastic becomes deformed and is not a "step" stochastic any more on newest bars) Here is an example of what I mean by this : upper is still having regular steps, and the lower already lost them (with more bars it will just become smoother and smoother, and eventually it will have no "steps" at all)
This one solves those issues. The idea is simple - instead of inheriting previous state of ATR minimum and maximums, the minimum and maximum are cheeked in a "Window" number of past bars. That way it is not deformed and is reacting to latest data fairly good. Compared to the "old" ones you will notice that at the beginning they have the same values (since the "old" still did not "deform") but as time passes the differences grow bigger and bigger - that is the effect of not inheriting and in the end of not repainting)

I decided to use window size of 256 bars simply from visual inspection - changing the window size can change the result dramatically and I guess that one should experiment a bit for a right setting of a Window for different symbols

PS: default step stochastic uses close for calculations. See an example of median price used instead of close

Updated step stochastic from that post (the non-repainting step stochastic) made new mql compatible : step_stochastic_nmc.mq4

Hercs
Hercs  

Need some information plse Mladen

Hello Mladen,

I see that the different Build versions are still climbing?

Quick question please:

Is it possible to have the MTF_lined Bars (see attached picture) to show on "offline"-charts? I want to see H8 and H2 on a series starting with H8, H4, H2, H1?

Would appreciate hearing from you.

Best regards,

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
ValeoFX:
Hello Mladen,

I see that the different Build versions are still climbing?

Quick question please:

Is it possible to have the MTF_lined Bars (see attached picture) to show on "offline"-charts? I want to see H8 and H2 on a series starting with H8, H4, H2, H1?

Would appreciate hearing from you.

Best regards,

ValeoFX

Yes, it is possible

Hercs
Hercs  
mladen:
ValeoFX Yes, it is possible

Thanks Mladen; much appreciate your expertise.

Continued success to you.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Updated jurik cci : jurik_cci_mtf_nmc.mq4

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
mladen:
ValeoFX

Here you go It allows you to specify different length for each time frame now (in the TimFramesLengthsparameter - same rule as for the rest of parameters : they should be entered for each time frame separated by ";") . If a length for a time frame is omitted, it will not be calculated (I thought to use length 1 instead when omitted, but decided to omit the calculation in that case instead - seems more logical)

regards

Mladen

Updated version of non lag ma filter : nonlagma_multi_time_frame_allerts_-_advanced_nmc.mq4

William Snyder
William Snyder  

KalmanAGJW - new mtf from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general updated to be compatible with new mt4 builds.

traderduke
traderduke  

Mladen

any chance you will get some time to look into this stoch problem?? I tried several combinations and creating the trendx ==2 or -2 seems to have a fighting chance but not their yet.

Thank you

Ray

traderduke:
Mladen

Sorry for not being specific.

Setup 30m chart ; See attached chart

Use Stoch attached-OOTB TimeFrame= 240, to be placed on a 30M chart

overBought=70 when stoch goes above 70, show green arrow-Long - OK

overBoughtEx=90 when stoch long goes below 90, show green wheel-sell –not working correctly

overSold =30 when stoch goes below 30, show red arrow – short - OK

overSoldEx=10 when stoch goes above 10, show red wheel – Cover - not working correctly

The first red arrow kicked in at level 4.56 – Perfect

The first red wheel kicked out at level 51.8 instead of level 14.4 – Its broke

The first green arrow kicked in at level 81 – Perfect

The first green wheel kicked out at level 57 instead of level 83 –Its broke

I created the trendx = 2 to try and get an early exit signal for the EA but it too is sporadic.

Appreciate your help

Ray

PS: I forgot to mention, the true or false at the end of trend analysis??? lines 256 to 266, could they be part of the problem
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
traderduke:
Mladen

any chance you will get some time to look into this stoch problem?? I tried several combinations and creating the trendx ==2 or -2 seems to have a fighting chance but not their yet.

Thank you

Ray

Ray

Try it out now : color_stochastic-best__mtf-txt-v4-nf-1.mq4