Elite indicators :) - page 1404

mladen:

Try out this version :

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
pricetrender_jurik__averages.mq4

It can use those averages for smoothing the price prior to applying jurik smooth as signal to it

Mladen,

Can you update?Thanks. 

mladen:

biddick

About one of the indicators attached : the M_qwma

It has some coding errors in it. One of the errors will cause it not to show the value at all for every new bar. Some others are not that heavy but they needed to be corrected. Also a limitation it had with maximum calculating length is removed in this one. So posting a cleaned up and simplified one here

And while at it, since they had quite a flaming dispute at that thread (the one referenced in the code : Диалог автора. Александр Смирнов. - MQL4 форум ) made the "Quadratic Regression MA" as defined there by "mathemat" (qwma is a part of "Quadratic Regression MA")

So here are 2 : qwma (a variation of linear weighted moving average (different weight coefficients) - violet) and qrma (Quadratic Regression moving average - blue)

Mladen ,

Can you update them?Thanks in advance. 

mladen:

For Halloween

It is a digital filter based on sync() function. In short sync is defined as sync(n) = sin(n*Pi)/(n*Pi) and is, as it is obvious, using a syne wave like shaped coefficients for filtering - smoothing.

But, there is a but : sync can not be used "as is" for that purpose or one will get surprised with the result "jumping around" for different calculating lengths (I know at least one person that did not know that and was even bragging with a "fastest moving average there is" based on sync() and I suppose that by the time he discovered that "jumping effect" al he was left to do is to disappear from internet scene). For purpose of avoiding that, windowing is used. In this indicator I "overdid" a bit and made almost every window variation that is found in wikipedia (here is a link with rather good description of different types of window functions : Window function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

After this description, now about some of the parameters. The 3 most important parameters are the frequency cutoff, the filter (window) type and the "causal" parameter.

Filter type can be :

0 - Hamming

1 - Hanning

2 - Blackman

3 - Blackman Harris

4 - Blackman Nutall

5 - Nutall

6 - Bartlet zero end points

7 - Bartlet Hann

8 - Hann

9 - Sine

10 - Lanczos

11 - "flat top"

Frequency cutoff can vary between 0 and 0.5. General rule is that the greater the cutoff is the "faster" the filter is, and the smaller the cutoff is the smoother the filter is.

And the most "problematic" parameter : the causal. In original filters (in digital signal processing) they are mostly using a non-causal (centered) mode since that way they can get a much clearer signal and a delay in a couple of hertzs is not noticeable at all. But in TA it can cause problems. So I decided to have an option to have a causal (non-recalculating, non-centered mode) and a non-causal (recalculating centered mode). One may ask why did I leave the non-causal mode. Well, for estimations, and for some other possible applications, And I like the extrapolation method used in it (it makes the possible error less and less depending on distance from current bar). Recalculation takes is (period-1)/bars (for example for a 15 period filter 7 bars can recalculate : 7th very little, 6th a bit more and so on ... I think that explains the how extrapolation is done) . Here is a comparison of the 2 modes (15 period, 0.01 Bartlet-Hann window types) :

Second indicator attached was a tool I made to check myself if I am doing the windowing OK. Decided to post it here too since it can help greatly in understanding how the filtering is done for some window type and that way it can help. Here is how a Bartlet-Hann window looks like for cutoff 0.1 (left) and 0.01 (right along with filters with same window type and cutoffs

Mladen

Can you update them please?Very good work by the way 

nevar:

Mladen

Can you update them please?Very good work by the way 

There is already updated version - see the attached (set the up and down deviation to 0 to get just the value of the filter)

clarmax87:
Yes!))
It will be made :)

mladen:
It will be made :)
Hello sir. Is swing line indicator available for mt5 currently?

redwed:
Hello sir. Is swing line indicator available for mt5 currently?
Check here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179671/page15 (multi time frame with alerts too)

mladen:
Check here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179671/page15 (multi time frame with alerts too)
Thank you for this mladen.

I have more requests regarding this swing line indicator (mt4 version).

Can you

1. Add a function so that we can view it in separate window. Confirming between timeframes will be easier.

2. After no 1, i wanted to do multi-pair analysis. This function will enable me to see another currency pairs simultaneously.

Thank you.

redwed:
Thank you for this mladen.

I have more requests regarding this swing line indicator (mt4 version).

Can you

1. Add a function so that we can view it in separate window. Confirming between timeframes will be easier.

2. After no 1, i wanted to do multi-pair analysis. This function will enable me to see another currency pairs simultaneously.

Thank you.

Hi Red can you share your template ? 

BB stops indicator made to new metatrader 4 format and with

• 4 types of averages that can be used for calculations
  • sample correction choice for deviation calculation
  • 7 types of display
  • multi time frame
  • with alerts

Reason: