Elite indicators :) - page 699

Advanced rsi of adaptive smoother

In this one errors noticed in the basic ways how Cutller rsi is calculated are corrected, so, now it is a correct way how it is done. Seems that in this combination, Cutller RSI is an interesting choice (lower example is using it), The usual set of possible rsi types is available (now there is no need to explain which is whish since you are going to get the names of those in a drop-down box). The indicator is for builds 628 or higher

advanced_rsi_of_adaptive_smoother.ex4

Mladen,

This will sound familiar, I can’t seem to get stochastic to fire on the 60min chart with a 240 min timeframe from either indicator(see lines 251 & 263), 10.6 EA. I have tried several combinations, some work on 0 or 60 min but not show a 240 min setup.

I attached the EA & the custom Stochastic.

I realize your busy so when ever you get a chance hopefully its a simply solution

Thank you

traderduke:
Mladen,

This will sound familiar, I can’t seem to get stochastic to fire on the 60min chart with a 240 min timeframe from either indicator(see lines 251 & 263), 10.6 EA. I have tried several combinations, some work on 0 or 60 min but not show a 240 min setup.

I attached the EA & the custom Stochastic.

I realize your busy so when ever you get a chance hopefully its a simply solution

Thank you

traderduke

This is how the color stochastic looks like on a one hour chart using 4 hour data. Could you explain a bit more what seems to be the problem, since it seems to be working OK

Files:

Step moving average of CCI : stepma_of_cci.mq4

It helps in finding trends before the usual levels are crossed (it makes it a kind of adapting trend estimation tool - it depends on values of the CCI and not on some fixed level values). As usual some playing with parameters is recommended to find optimal settings for a trading style

Files:

Interesting setting for a 5 minute chart : all default except the step multiplier set to 3

Or daily chart and multiplier set to 1.8

As usuall, some parameters playing needed, but it seems that it is useful

Files:

Hello,

I wanted to insert an alert whenever RSI crosses EMA but the the alert is triggered sometimes without a corresponding event on the chart. Could somebody please take a look at the modified source and try to figure out what is wrong?

Thank you.

rsi_ema_mtf_alerts.mq4

PS: The original source is in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general.

Files:

mladen:
traderduke This is how the color stochastic looks like on a one hour chart using 4 hour data. Could you explain a bit more what seems to be the problem, since it seems to be working OK

Mladen

It works great on the chart as a stand alone indicator but when I run a EA backtest on a h1 chart and try to use the stoch as a 4H indicator it shows up as a 1H indicator on the backtest 1H chart.

Sorry for not being clear earlier, I guess a picture is worth a thousand words: Please see attached

Thanks

ray

rowish:
Hello,

I wanted to insert an alert whenever RSI crosses EMA but the the alert is triggered sometimes without a corresponding event on the chart. Could somebody please take a look at the modified source and try to figure out what is wrong?

Thank you.

rsi_ema_mtf_alerts.mq4

PS: The original source is in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general.

rowish

Better not to use that indicator. There are quite a few errors in it (not yours)

Use this one from this post instead : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

traderduke:
Mladen

It works great on the chart as a stand alone indicator but when I run a EA backtest on a h1 chart and try to use the stoch as a 4H indicator it shows up as a 1H indicator on the backtest 1H chart. see attached

Thanks

ray

can you post the iCustom() line that you use for calling that indicator from the EA?

Post 7216 has the EA attached , line 251. I figured you would need to see the string or int setup in the input as well as the custom line.

Kmain240 = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"RK-ml-Color Stochastic-best + mtf","240",KPeriod,Slowing,DPeriod,MAMethod,PriceField,overBought,overSold,0,1);

I have changed the Period() & "240" several times to no avail.

Ray

Reason: