Elite indicators :) - page 655

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

I hope that you & the Forex TSD team had a great New Year celebration!!! It seems like like the New Year has endowed you with even "more ingenuity" - MACD Double ( ...... looks more exiting than my Jack Daniels double on ice)

This new MACD Double looks very interesting (especially it's speed .... wow)!! I would appreciate you please adding the features of vertical lines on zero-cross coupled with the standard message alerts package so that I can compare this side by side with the last version of MACD lines that you made.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Compliments of the Season to you Sylvester.

IMHO the "CCi Woodie - averages" out performs every other MACD that I have had the privilege to test.

Well done to Mladen for creating it.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
Compliments of the Season to you Sylvester.

IMHO the "CCi Woodie - averages" out performs every other MACD that I have had the privilege to test.

Well done to Mladen for creating it.

Best regards,

Hi Valeo

All of the very best to you too for the New Year!!! I will certainly try out the CCi Woodie averages as well for comparison.

Regards

Sylvester

mladen:
Even though, by definition, MACD is a difference of two EMAs, decided to see what will happen with the MACD double if it uses some of the oter types of averages/smoothing. So, this version can chose between the 20 types of averages. It needs experimenting with averages types (some are better for trending and some for scalping)

Possible averages types are :
0 = SMA

1 = EMA

2 = Double smoothed EMA

3 = Double EMA (DEMA)

4 = Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 = Smoothed MA

6 = Linear weighted MA

7 = Parabolic weighted MA

8 = Alexander MA

9 = Volume weghted MA

10 = Hull MA

11 = Triangular MA

12 = Sine weighted MA

13 = Linear regression

14 = IE/2

15 = NonLag MA

16 = Zero lag EMA

17 = Leader EMA

18 = Super smoother

19 = Smoother

Hi Mladen

Looks interesting & promising enough to experiment with!! Could please add the vertical lines for zero-cross coupled with the standard message alerts package?

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Hello Mladen,

Would you be kind enough and explain to me what exactly this "T3 tma combination" does, plse?

Reason I ask is that it "repaints" as far as 5 candles. I noticed on M-15 that this happens and then ran the Snapshot on an M-1 chart to confirm and it is for sure a reason to be perturb to me. Deadly for sure, but this repainting is now a major concern. Maybe I misunderstood the workings of this indicator?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
Hello Mladen,

Would you be kind enough and explain to me what exactly this "T3 tma combination" does, plse?

Reason I ask is that it "repaints" as far as 5 candles. I noticed on M-15 that this happens and then ran the Snapshot on an M-1 chart to confirm and it is for sure a reason to be perturb to me. Deadly for sure, but this repainting is now a major concern. Maybe I misunderstood the workings of this indicator?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

ValeoFX

T3 TMA combination is a combination of T3 and cenetered TMA. Centered TMA can change values up to half period back (so it depends on the centered TMA period how many bars back can be recalculated)

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

Looks interesting & promising enough to experiment with!! Could please add the vertical lines for zero-cross coupled with the standard message alerts package?

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

Here is a version with alerts and lines on zero line crossing added

mladen:
ValeoFX T3 TMA combination is a combination of T3 and centered TMA. Centered TMA can change values up to half period back (so it depends on the centered TMA period how many bars back can be recalculated)

It's been a while since we had in-depth discussions on half periods. Mine was running at your defaulted period 5, hence the 5 backward activities.

I moved it to "0" to see what effect it would have from there and then the penny dropped. Changed it up to 8 with astonishingly good results.

Would you be kind enough to add lines on candles for me to the attached version - I just want to use it as a test-model. It can wait if you are too busy at present.

Best regards,

Files:

ValeoFX:
It's been a while since we had in-depth discussions on half periods. Mine was running at your defaulted period 5, hence the 5 backward activities.

I moved it to "0" to see what effect it would have from there and then the penny dropped. Changed it up to 8 with astonishingly good results.

Would you be kind enough to add lines on candles for me to the attached version - I just want to use it as a test-model. It can wait if you are too busy at present.

Best regards,

ValeoFX

Here is a version with lines added

PS: when different types of averages are compared, sometimes it is not clear which one is the "fast" average and which one is the "slow" and in that case the colors for up and down may seem illogical. In cases like that simply adjust the colors to your needs since there is not mathematical way to do that

mladen:
Sylvester Here is a version with alerts and lines on zero line crossing added

Hello Mladen

Thanks a stack for this tool. Still in experimental phase now.

Regards

Sylvester

Hi Mladen

I've come across a simple but interesting trading strategy (of course they all are in theory), from a guy named Vladimir Ribakov, which uses the standard MT4 Accumulation/Distribution indicator which I'm now experimenting with in demo on the H4 & D1. Surprisingly I find that this A/D indicator even repaints on these high tf's very slightly. Is this the very nature of this indicator to depict properly or would it be even more valuable as a nrp version. If your answer is the latter then could you please do me a favour and make it into a nrp.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Files:
Reason: