Elite indicators :) - page 376

mrtools:
Pip,

Have you seen here? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807

It starts there and there is a version 5 here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page51, with extrapolated mtf. , not sure how these compare with Mr. Thienen's.

Thank you sir.

Alerts

mrtools:
This is normalized deviation,normalized atr, with deviation ma and smoothing. When the deviation(blue) and ma(gold) are above the red(atr) uptrend, strong uptrend when the deviation is greater than the ma while above the atr. For sell trend the opposite. Made it multi time frame but haven't decided how to do the alerts yet.

============

Good morning MrTools

May I respectfully request that the Alert happens when the MA (Gold in your case) crosses both the other 2 lines? Just check on this morning's signal @ 08h15 CET on this screen-print. In a market that has been sideways for so long, THAT was THE clue. My entry was later based on the price being rejected continuously by the Aqua-level @ 1.4355 and waited for a break.

The interesting situation that occurred @ 07h35 marked as "A" on the chart, shows that the market was "approaching" an imminent change in direction the way that I read it and once the cross-over occurred at "B" (08h15 as above), we could look for an entry.

It seems as if this indicator has earned its place in my arsenal.

Thanking you again.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
============

Good morning MrTools

May I respectfully request that the Alert happens when the MA (Gold in your case) crosses both the other 2 lines? Just check on this morning's signal @ 08h15 CET on this screen-print. In a market that has been sideways for so long, THAT was THE clue. My entry was later based on the price being rejected continuously by the Aqua-level @ 1.4355 and waited for a break.

The interesting situation that occurred @ 07h35 marked as "A" on the chart, shows that the market was "approaching" an imminent change in direction the way that I read it and once the cross-over occurred at "B" (08h15 as above), we could look for an entry.

It seems as if this indicator has earned its place in my arsenal.

Thanking you again.

Best wishes.

Valeo,

Thanks for reminding, been wanting to do this because have seen those moves, but after the fact, and have been meaning to add the alerts but start doing other things and forget, doubt will have them ready till after i get home from work.

Here you go Valeo added the alerts and arrows, maybe i should call it Saturn, was trying to find a different widget but have no access to mq4 area to find a different widget, if you prefer the arrows can just change the number to whatever you prefer.

Exploring deviation bands ...

As a continuation of exploring ... exploring deviations bands now

If Band(n)Multiplier parameter is set to > 0, than that band is drawn on the chart (that way you can get up to 3 bands on the chart - in the lower example there are 3 asymmetric sma bands)

And at the end - as a reminder : ma modes used by the indicator are

0 - simple moving average (SMA)

1 - exponential moving average (EMA)

2 - double smoothed exponential moving average

3 - Double EMA (DEMA)

4 - Tripple EMA (TEMA)

5 - Smoothed MA (SMMA)

6 - Linear weighted MA (LWMA)

7 - Parabolic weighted MA

8 - Alexander MA

9 - Volume weghted MA

10 - Hull MA

11 - Triangular MA

12 - Sine weighted MA

13 - Liner regression value

14 - NonLag MA

15 - Zero lag EMA;

Files:
bands_1.gif  24 kb
bands_2.gif  23 kb
bands_3.gif  27 kb
exp_-_bands.mq4  20 kb

This is Demark oscillator with jurik smoothing, it is multi color and multi time frame with alerts and arrows which should go off when the price is leaving oversold or overbought with the over sold and overbought controlled by user adjustable levels, the multi coloring should go as the slope of the line goes.

ps) was a coding error in how the arrows were displayed on non multi timeframe. The version now posted is corrected version.

Files:

Many thanks.

mrtools:
Here you go Valeo added the alerts and arrows, maybe i should call it Saturn, was trying to find a different widget but have no access to mq4 area to find a different widget, if you prefer the arrows can just change the number to whatever you prefer.

===========

...............and today it was worth its weight in Gold, MrTools! Thanking you again.

I notice there is another indicator to study over the weekend , but I am looking forward to seeing how it would perform against the "pCCi"

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Best wishes.

ultra trend ea

can UT be made into an ea? once locked past the middle like the adx ea and maybe another counter trend version for it's overbought conditions?

The above post reminded me of something completely else (but this indicator and the ultra trend look very smilar at first sight, except that they calculate the completely different way)

Ulcer index was originally meant to be used for something different than finding out the trend (the original calculation "... is a measure of the depth and duration of drawdowns in prices from earlier highs ...") but if we imagine that the calculation can be done in the opposite direction too (perfect in forex where a symbol can not have a 0 value - if it exists it must have some value) then we can get something like this :

I think that the attached indicator is self explanatory as of what does it show and how. Attaching the original document by Peter G. Martin that describes Ulcer Index (and its original usage) in detail too.

But also added one more option that calculates the "inverted" Ulcer Index : in the original Ulcer index, values for maximum and minimum are taken from the oldest data to the newest. Inverted turns that thing around : it is caculated from the most recent to the oldest. Even though it does not seem logical, there will be no repainting in that case and the results produced that way, as far as "trend" is concerned are far more interesting than the "regular" dual Ulcer Index calculation. Here is the same example from above but "inverted"

Files:

Deeply indebted to you both

ND and Mladen, thank you ever so much for your kind assistance. As you can see, everything has been restored to normal.

Much appreciate you.

Wishing you a successful week ahead.

Reason: