Elite indicators :) - page 304

HA,ha,ha, Doomed. You could be right!

Its good to see you don't take up dummies seriously.

Thanks again and again and again

Ray

mladen:
:):):)

Now you are doomed to use this one (no mtf, no alerts)

regards

Mladen

BB price alert

Mladen,

I have searched for an indicator that will show when price is above and/or below specific Bollinger Bands. The only ones that I could locate are listed below; however, they only allow 1,2,3,4 or 5 std. deviations as possibilities with sound alert only. Is it possible for a user input like 1.5 or 2.5? In other words, something other than a whole number for the deviations with a box alert besides the sound.

bollitoucher.mq4

bollitoucher1.mq4

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks, watchdogkm

Files:

can an email/ sound/ popup alerts be made for this indicator? pretty rare one i found around here but seems to be good in conjunction with multiple time frame confirmations and other tools.

thanks!

Files:
sefc084.mq4  4 kb

mladen:
ValeoFX

What I have done is a strict "anchoring" of the calculation to the starting line. That is done, among other things, in order to avoid possible error with 2 global variables that akift is using in calculation : CumPVol_J and CumVol_J. If it is not done that way, values can be wrongly "accumulated" in those 2 variables and the difference in values probably comes from that (using global variables in indicator calculation is always a bad idea and should be avoided whenever it can)

Since akift is the one that has done and is doing the development of it, I think that it is better that he continues with what he does : frankly, his coding style is very different from mine and some coding logic that he uses I can not understand (it is difficult to understand the "what did the writer want to tell" in some cases) - it is better that he makes the changes

regards

Mladen

=====================

Good morning Mladen,

No and an emphatic "no" it is, I do NOT want Akif to make the changes. The reason is that he is a "coder by default" to which he admitted in the first post of his Thread on the Midas indicator. I trust your coding implicitly and therefore asked YOUR opinion. I would rather study the indicator you built and make an informed decision based on what we see, than trying to get Akif to sort out his coding without any disrespect to him.

Thank you for your kind and sincere help. Always much appreciated.

Hazelj80, I was wondering what time. Frame do you use the SEFC084 indi on and if it re-paints on you on that time frame?

well, it's a mistake to trade off of one time frame. fractal energy is one of the five market energies. but m15/H1 or H1/H4 i like. more trades there. you always use a chart ratio of 3:1 with no higher than 4:1

this will recalculate as mladen says but not repaint. that's a error in code as he calls it. this indicator does what it's designed to do.

BB price alert

mladen:
watchdog

Here you go

The problem with the built in metatrader Bollinger bands is the one that you had with those indicators and that is why it has to be avoided when non-integer deviations are needed. This one does deviations the way you asked for and alert box is added. Left the original code (commented out) so if you are interested in what is changed you can see it in the code

regards

Mladen

Thank you, Mladen

It works great but in the pop up box could it show from which pair and the timeframe - that would be ideal.

Thanks again, watchdogkm

well, it's a mistake to trade off of one time frame. fractal energy is one of the five market energies. but m15/H1 or H1/H4 i like. more trades there. you always use a chart ratio of 3:1 with no higher than 4:1

this will recalculate as mladen says but not repaint. that's a error in code as he calls it. this indicator does what it's designed to do.

Thanks Hazel for all of your input. You told me exactly what I wanted to know.

Open Pips

Can someone take a look at this code and tell me how this Open Pips display is used. What it diplays exactly and how it interpret the info it's giving? In other words, how do I use it?

Files:

Updated the post with a version that does that too

watchdog:
Thank you, Mladen

It works great but in the pop up box could it show from which pair and the timeframe - that would be ideal.

Thanks again, watchdogkm
Reason: