Elite indicators :) - page 268

Codex

This is done according to your specs

Two issues though :
Bid and Ask are accessible only for current bars, so the "historical" Bid and Ask are simulated : bid is equal to close in the historical data and ask is close+spread. For that reason the indicator is divided into 2 parts : regular lines are showing historical part and histogram shows current value calculated from actual Bid and Ask. Histogram should spread as the time pass but it can not be tested in back-test (because of the Ask and Bid) so we shall have to wait for market to open to see how that part that leaves those values intact works On bars with very low range you can get "unreal" percentages : here is an example with a bar that is 1.3 pips high and then the percentage went out of the +-100
PS: Values are adapted to vary between +100 and -100 (so that histogram can be drawn too) I did add a 0 line too but due to spread difference, it is not the actual "center line" of the indicator (it is a bit "asymmetrical" even without the adaption).

Try it out

regards

Mladen

Files:

Thank you very much Mladen.

I will start testing asap.

Cheers

Codex

Need an explanation....

Mladen,

Do you have any idea why an indicator would "pull apart" during a certain period as per the example I have here? The indicator stays "normal" going UP when all of a sudden the "down"-colours start appearing all over the place, not affecting the accuracy of the indicator, though.

Thanks in advance.

Pleasant weekend.

Files:
tsd.png  50 kb

Mladen,

Any chance you coulld add arrows?? Post #2697

Ray

traderduke:
Mladen,

Thanks for the MTF explaination, it appears mtf won't work well on an EA. So I guess i'm back to my straight time indicators. This KC which you added alerts to months ago would be more visiable with arrrows, is there any chance you could add arrows when the alert fires.

thanks again

Ray

Mladen,

Sorry to be such a pest but I'm trying to get this indicator and the KC to work together. This HMA which has been touched by many. I like this version because it displays the "Trend' data 1 or -1.

1. The problem is that the up/down color doesn't match the 1 or -1 all the time particularly at rhe reversal. I would like to use this in an EA do you think its possible or can you suggest another with the trend 1 -1??

2. The arrow buffer never worked properly is there any chance you can repair it??

Ray

Files:

Ray

Disregard the color appearance on chart.

The trend data is correct in that indicator (you can easily check it : set the period to some small value and when Filter is set to 0 it should change colors when hma changes slope up or down, you will find quickly where the difference happens).

See the example (period 3 and HMA_Mode 3 (which is the original - Hull moving average is calculated using LWMA not EMA as the default parameter setting in in hma 3.2)) and values where arrows are placed. But at those places values in trend buffer are correct, so, simply use just the trend data

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mladen,

Sorry to be such a pest but I'm trying to get this indicator and the KC to work together. This HMA which has been touched by many. I like this version because it displays the "Trend' data 1 or -1.

1. The problem is that the up/down color doesn't match the 1 or -1 all the time particularly at rhe reversal. I would like to use this in an EA do you think its possible or can you suggest another with the trend 1 -1??

2. The arrow buffer never worked properly is there any chance you can repair it??

Ray

ValeoFX

I can not tell why without a code. There can be a lot of reasons in the code itself

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
Mladen,

Do you have any idea why an indicator would "pull apart" during a certain period as per the example I have here? The indicator stays "normal" going UP when all of a sudden the "down"-colours start appearing all over the place, not affecting the accuracy of the indicator, though.

Thanks in advance.

Pleasant weekend.
Files:
hma.gif  24 kb

Randy

Is there an Indicator that can monitor the margin level for a trading period and record the lowest margin level reached-

thank you

Randy

to go further with this thought- trying to find a balance between safe trading and aggressive trading- for example, trading 4 currency pairs at the same time- using a software that is preset, if the margin level goes below this preset percentage, the trade that has the most drawdown is automatically closed to protect the margin and not take the chance of losing all 4 trades- is there software available that can do this?

thank you

Randy

Thanks Mladen..

Hi Mladen,

Trust you had a great weekend.

Thank you for being willing to look into this indicator's head for me; much appreciated as always.

And to everyone else, please don't bother to download this indicator in its present form; it is of little use to man or beast. Thanks for understanding and saving yourself a lot of agro.

ValeoFX

It is juast a wraper for "TrendEnvelopeCOL_DEM" indicator and I do not have that indicator.

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
Hi Mladen,

Trust you had a great weekend.

Thank you for being willing to look into this indicator's head for me; much appreciated as always.

And to everyone else, please don't bother to download this indicator in its present form; it is of little use to man or beast. Thanks for understanding and saving yourself a lot of agro.
Reason: