Elite indicators :) - page 217

-spotforex

That would not change a thing.

The indicator calculates values only for bars that changed, which means that once the initial past values are calculated they are not calculated any more. After that only the changed bars + 2 (the "+2" is to be on a safe side) are calculated. Here is how it behaves on my PC (7 instances of the indicator and the CPU usage is averaging 3 to 5 % which is not bad regarding that it is actually 14 indicators working in my case (if I used MTF it would be 28 separate indicators doing the job) and that update for every required symbol is done (implicitly, since whenever a calculation for a required symbol is called, data update check is done first))
Changing time frames or symbol is another story and at that moment you do have a peak, but as I said, after that it does not use to much CPU resources. You maybe want to change the maximum bars on chart to some reasonable value (I am using 5000) and that would lessen the time frame or symbol changing cases calculation

regards

Mladen

spotforex:
Much thanks for the modifications Mladen

I've noticed that when I plot seven cross pairs for a particular currency my computer becomes a little sluggish. May I request an additional modification to the indicator?... An optional parameter where one can specify the maximum number of indicator bars to display.

Again, I appreciate your time and effort.

-spotforex
Files:

Post #2188

Good morning Mladen,

Would you mind replying to my question regarding the "insync" indicator in Post # 2188, please?

Also, would you mind looking at this MTF version of the NonLagMA_v7.1 for me? Just to see if the coding is correct please? It does not seem to be as stable as your newest MTF indicators.

Many thanks.

Files:

ValeoFX

As far as insync is concerned : I already did mention on previous post (th one regarding the "& arrows" version) that I am going to code it. Per moment I am trying to find a general solution that would allow adding and choosing indicators in the calculation as user input. If I omit in "general solution finding" then I am going to make specific versions (since the insync is more an idea than a specific implementation : if we could combine freely than it would be perfect).

But parametrization for every specific indicator is far from an easy task in metatrader since there is no way to find out (without looking at the code) how many parameters are there in an indicator and even bigger problem is that one can not know their types without looking at the code

As far as the mtf indicator you posted is concerned : after the line that goes like this

limit=Bars-counted_bars;[/php]add this

[php] limit = MathMin(Bars-1,MathMax(limit,2*TF/Period()));

It is not a perfect solution but will do as far as number bars refreshed (a correct solution would require a complete rewrite of the indicator and I believe it already has been done (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ))

regards

ValeoFX:
Good morning Mladen,

Would you mind replying to my question regarding the "insync" indicator in Post # 2188, please?

Also, would you mind looking at this MTF version of the NonLagMA_v7.1 for me? Just to see if the coding is correct please? It does not seem to be as stable as your newest MTF indicators.

Many thanks.

Mladen re "Insync" indi

Hi Mladen,

Thank you so much for the explanation. I guessed something like that may be the case, but after I read your reply I am even more "anxious" to see what it will look like with your improvements to it.

Also, as far as the TrEnv_MTF is concerned, I appreciate the link. Have no idea why I missed it in the first instance.

Finally, I attach here for your kind perusal a few SnapShot screens to show you how the "nonlagma multi time frames trend" indicator is behaving set @ M5;M15;M30;H1 and settings of 0;0;5;1; much to my disappointment as I thought it could solve a problem I have in a sideways market. Would you plse comment on it any time you have the time?

Thanking you most sincerely.

Files:

Hello mladen.

Can you do an alert on 5m only when 15m, 30m, and 60m all agree like in picture?

(Or alternately, 15m alert only when three higher timeframes agree.)

Kind regards.

Edit; Will use nonlagma multi timeframe allerts even though it gives different alerts - even when deleting unused timeframes and weights - than the indicators on my chart.

Files:

Looking for best SR indicator

Hi Guys,

I have trawled TSD searching for a decent SR indicator. The ones that I currently use are attached to this post.

I also xpPivotAlerts, from CodersGuru (his latest release)

There is discussion right now in the general area about a decent SR indicator.

(not Barry's one either)

Are there any good recommendations that you guys have come accross before?

I suppose the decent one would also support multiple timeframes as well?

Thank you in advanced.

Cheers

Codex.

Mladen,

Can you please show the correct format for an iCustom routine to use with the

Gann High-Low activator histo.mq4 at

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ?

I've been trying to work this out but I'm getting some inconsistent results.

Thanks,

Rex

Rex

If you are looking for the trend of the current bar (the up or down) it would be

iCustom(NULL,timeFrame,"Gann High-Low activator histo","",Lb,2,0);

Where "timeFrame" is the time frame you are looking for or 0 for current time frame. Values returned are 1 for up and -1 for down. Values of drawing buffers are irrelevant since it will always be up buffer 1 when trend == 1 and down buffer 1 when trend==-1.

PS: be careful with testing if you use mtf : in back-testing mtf "knows" the future value of the current bar so testing mtf on a current bar is not reliable at all

regards

Mladen

rdoane:
Mladen,

Can you please show the correct format for an iCustom routine to use with the

Gann High-Low activator histo.mq4 at

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ?

I've been trying to work this out but I'm getting some inconsistent results.

Thanks,

Rex
Reason: