Elite indicators :) - page 129

cercape,

I have been looking into the code and finally found out what does the indicator do.

At first, when I attached it to the chart, I was scratching my head and was asking myself "How can it be done using macd, stochastic and rsi". Well the answer is simple and not simple in the same time. It is difficult to read that code but what it comes to at the end that depending on the number of bars shown on the chart the indicator finds minimums, maximums and alike for that number of bars back

The results is that it looks too good to be truth and in fact it is too good to be truth

Here are two pictures on which the only thing that is changed is the number of visible bars. See where the signals are shown (in this example, if the conditions change, signals for buy will also change)

regards

mladen

cercape:
Good day to you,

Could you kindly look at the following indicator, to see if it is possible to have the signal generated via Jurik filtered RSI and Stoch.The indicator was developed to attempt to identify possible swing opportunities.

The indicator currently reads off standard RSI, MACD and Stoch. It would be interesting to see how it performs when reading Jurik filtered RSI and Stoch - I do not know if there is a Jurik filtered MACD as well?

Could you kindly have a look and see if this can be done?

Again, thank you in advance for always assisting. It is appreciated.

Mladen

mladen:
cercape,

I have been looking into the code and finally found out what does the indicator do.

At first, when I attached it to the chart, I was scratching my head and was asking myself "How can it be done using macd, stochastic and rsi". Well the answer is simple and not simple in the same time. It is difficult to read that code but what it comes to at the end that depending on the number of bars shown on the chart the indicator finds minimums, maximums and alike for that number of bars back

The results is that it looks too good to be truth and in fact it is too good to be truth

Here are two pictures on which the only thing that is changed is the number of visible bars. See where the signals are shown (in this example, if the conditions change, signals for buy will also change)

regards mladen

Good day to you,

Thank you for taking the time to have a look. It is appreciated.

Warm regards to you

Very nice mladen. This could be very useful.

Stochastic volatility

Some readings about stochastic volatility by Hyungsok Ahn and Paul Wilmott, and immediately one indicator as a possible application of stochastic volatility.

The indicator is made after the original work and idea of Francesco G. Cavasino (in the attached Stochastic volatility document). Parameters that probably need explanations are OriginalStoch and OriginalVolatility.
OriginalStoch-> do you want the indicator to calculate the smoothness of the stochastic the original George Lane way or do you want it to be calculated as an EMA

OriginalVolatility-> in the original historical volatility was predicted to be calculated on daily data and the assumption was that there are 252 working days in a year. If you are using the indicator on a time frame that is not daily, it is probably smarter to turn the original volatility calculation off

___________________________________ A couple of words of usage (even though it is described in the document by Francesco G. Cavasino). This is not a directional indicator. What does it mean. It means that even it is stochastic it does not show the direction of the market but shows the direction-amount-size of volatility. The assumption that seems sound enough and after which this indicator is made is that in the times of extremely low volatility it is a good time to enter the market, since the change in volatility is imminent. Those times are marked by dark gray dots on this indicator. For direction of entry, you should use some other trend showing indicator(s).
So, in one way, this indicators is filtering out the time when you should enter the market not the direction of entry

Hi,

Can someone please make this indicator to show more days history? Currently it is showing only about 20 days of history, I would like it to be at least 100. When I change the history setting to more than 20, there is no result. Thank you.

Files:
gannlevels.mq4  14 kb

VQ sw

Good morning folks !

i got a problem while i try to modify "vq" indy...i don't know why but if i want to have histo bars (like in the picture) only in short time i have 1 bar repainting that differ from the original version

Sorry Mladen, could you please give me an hand ?

Best regards

Files:
vq.gif  39 kb
vq_simo.mq4  8 kb

Doc,

this should do it

regards

mladen

dr.house7:
Good morning folks !

i got a problem while i try to modify "vq" indy...i don't know why but if i want to have histo bars (like in the picture) only in short time i have 1 bar repainting that differ from the original version

Sorry Mladen, could you please give me an hand ?

Best regards
Files:
vq_simo_1.mq4  8 kb

mladen:
Doc,

this should do it

regards

mladen

Dear Mladen,

many thanks, now it works right

Best regards

Hi Mladen,

Can you please try and make a weekly version of the gann levels indicator I posted several posts ago? This is not urgent, you can do it in your free time. Thank you.

profitrader,

You were on a right track, only the condition had to be tested a bit differently

Here you go
Limited the number of weeks to 50 in order to avoid to many objects on the chart

regards

mladen

Files:
Reason: