10points 3.mq4 - page 411

Want to thank you all for your testing and reporting your tests and possible errors. When the first code for 10 point 3 was posted here on first page of this thread, check out the trailing stop part of the code where the order modify is there is the number 800, right before the color declaration. Now quoting Mladen here

""It has 2 modify orders that were trying to set expiration time to 800. First of all, expiration time should be a normal time ( dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss) and not number of seconds (it is internaly translated to number of seconds since 1.1.1970 but 800 means some 15 minutes since January 1.st 1970), so it was the first error. And probably the broker does not allow expiration time at all""

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention, and to me this is main reason we ask you to test things we post, keep up the good work

mrtools:
Want to thank you all for your testing and reporting your tests and possible errors. When the first code for 10 point 3 was posted here on first page of this thread, check out the trailing stop part of the code where the order modify is there is the number 800, right before the color declaration. Now quoting Mladen here

""It has 2 modify orders that were trying to set expiration time to 800. First of all, expiration time should be a normal time ( dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss) and not number of seconds (it is internaly translated to number of seconds since 1.1.1970 but 800 means some 15 minutes since January 1.st 1970), so it was the first error. And probably the broker does not allow expiration time at all""

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention, and to me this is main reason we ask you to test things we post, keep up the good work

Hi mrtools,

Please forgive me for cutting in the thread. Can you please enable the attached EAs to work with ECN brokers (like you did in pg405 of this thread)? I am trying to do a semi-auto martingale. Thank you so much for your help.

Files:

newdigital:
Hi forexjim and snowyHH,

MrTools and Mladen fixed this EA for trailing stop. It also was some bug with time expiration for ECN/stp broker which stopped EA for backtesting (or may be - trading).

So, I updated this post #4090 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page273

Seems - I am trading werong version for now.

I will start this fixed version from Sunday.

Hope - everything was fixed for now.

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

Hi, newdigital and programming experts!

Excited the EA is fixed for backtesting now! Will start backtesting soon! Merci beaucoup!

newdigital, could you please update #4090 one more time? Somehow the 10points_3_Smi_101 in the zip file wouldn't run. Could it be imcomplete?

Many thanks.

forexjim

I just checked: it is zip file, just unzip it, and you will find inside:

EA, 4 indicators and my pre-sent file for M1 timeframe.

I just uploaded attachment one more timer but it is same (zip file).

or ... if you prefer Winrar so - it is in rar archive (attached to this post).

Files:

newdigital:
Just to keep everything in one post:

Please find attached:

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA fixed version with settings for M1 timeframe, together with fixed indicators. The settings are same for all trading pair except the following: I just changed magic number to be unique for every pair.

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

Hi, newdigital,

Tried to download your zip file above, each time logged out my forex-tsd account. Why?

Downloaded and unzipped the file in #4090, still unable to see the EA and indicators.

Thanks for helping.

forexjim

Download, unzip, go to folder, next folder, next ... find the filder with name EA or similar ...

or download from this post (do not forget about indicators).

Files:

newdigital:
Download, unzip, go to folder, next folder, next ... find the filder with name EA or similar ... or download from this post (do not forget about indicators).

Hi Newdigital, I am running your EA on a demo account with IBFX, it produced good results for the past "troubled" day.

Are you using a live account and do the results differ from a demo account?

Thanks and congratulations for this EA.

Jan

I traded some version with bug so I stopped it yesterday and I will start this new version from post #4090 which was fixed by Mladen and MrTools. I will post the statement daily.

EA can produce slightly different results for different brokers as any other EAs trading for M1 timeframe using some indicators' level in the settings. But the main direction should be same: if profitable so it is profitable.

newdigital:
I traded some version with bug so I stopped it yesterday and I will start this new version from post #4090 which was fixed by Mladen and MrTools. I will post the statement daily. EA can produce slightly different results for different brokers as any other EAs trading for M1 timeframe using some indicators' level in the settings. But the main direction should be same: if profitable so it is profitable.

I am using 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA from your post #4090 on demo with IBFX, quite profitable.. so far. Were you trading live with which broker? Thanks

FXCM, demo.

You can see it from my statements.

If I will trade with real money so I will probable will do it on H1 timeframe as it is less risky.

But for demo - M1 is ok.

Reason: