10points 3.mq4 - page 372

Fast_cris:
Yes...David is one of the best's martingale warriors... but i think the faith is not win yet... Fast_cris

Dear Cris,

Thank you for the kind word. You're right, faith aint gonna win. However, I've admit the loss(which is against martingale theory). I'm somewhat trying to get a good balancing point to admit the loss, whilst it doesn't harm the account too much. Those are the crusial key part that I nailed a few post ago. No money management, minor increase factor on the stakes, accuracy with less stop loss + high take profit.

Regards

David

nirvaman:
hi david

some time ago I did a EA for stock market using a software called wealth-lab.

this software had a plug in to play with neural networks called neurolab. literaly You can put your computer to look for paterns that your simple eye can not see using normal indicators. after the neural network was trained well enough you can obtain an indicator you can use in your EA.

my conclusion after working in it after a year is that artificial inteligence is the only way you can get an indicator with big probability of good prediction. but this kind of knowledge is hard to find in this forums. and I am new in forex and I dont know a software that can do an indicator as easyly as neurolab. with this software almost an bad programer can do amazing things. And dont think I am a genius or a matemathician or something like that.

(note:the resason a changed to forex is because I didnt have money to do intraday in stock market . you need 25000 usd to do this. and stock markets only work until 4:00 pm) . So I will try to look for something that lets me work with neural networks in forex.

Now, where do we start? You have the indicator already? If not, where to get wealthlab? Does it comes with a cost?

Regards

David

berdj:
Hi David,

Thanks for all your hard work and effort to bring us this EA, even though it isn't yet finished 100% it has very good potential, I just wanted to say thanks!

Berdj
typhoon_gr9:
yeah ,, me too would like to thank David, even if the EA wasn't the holy grail but David was very helpful to all of us, i'm sure every one here appreciate his work, thank u Master

Been great working with you guys since the old days. Wish you all good trading.

Regards

David

1st post @ TSD

davidke20:
Well, there is no way you can find an indicator can give you 100% accuracy. Withdraw your account is the way to go. I saw a lot of people keep showing me their backtest report, which is much higher then what we've got so far. But then, I've never seen people bring their forward test statement that last more then months to me so far ... ... Fact? or Fiction? There is another probability that exist. People may be took the EA and modified it to something I dont know and making profit without sharing it. With a standard MACD setup, we've successfully bring this EA to work steadily for the past 4 months from a $78 dollars account right up to $300. So, if you have a good indicator, go ahead and modify it to fit it in. Hope you can post a copy here to share with us if you do.

Regards

David

p/s: Dont post indicator and ask me do it. I'm not particular in Customized indicator.

WHOOOOWWW What a ride! After 12h and almost 4.000 posts read I can finally say something (you see what I mean?)

First off all: Thank you guys and specially to David!

After a drawdown in my demo IBFX account, and as I'm new to Forex, I had to recover. Found the "Robot Forex 2008" and why not? I gave it a try.

Adjusting initial settings only by intuition I recovered and got profit. The only drawdown I had was my fault! Manually closing all positions and not letting the EA do it's job.

So what? I had to do some researh to know what I was dealing with. After a few forums I came here and found this GREAT tread.

After reading almost 4.000 posts I found that this EA is very similar to the one I mentioned above, BUT... that one uses Robot Forex MACD 2008 indicator. After a few research I found that indicator at link mentioned here and I found also that it is just the ZeroLag MACD whit Slow set to 24 instead of 26.

David: don't get mad with me... I changed the "simple" MACD you use for this one and tomorrow I'll start testing 10points3_v2 my way. I'll post the results (if you don't kick me out) .

Best Regards to you all,

Filipe

about neurolab and welath-lab (this is for david)

Hi David.

Wealth-lab only works with stock market data.

Intraday data from forex is too much and the neural network can process that amount of data in neurolab (I thiink. I am not sure). But even if you import the data in a csv file into that software, and train your neural network, the indicator you get from it cant be of much help in metatrader. you only can use it in wealth-lab for stock market algorithms. nevertheless now that you put me to think on that , I realize that you can get the trained weghts matrix a neural network gives as output after trained, but I dont know how to conver that into a indicator for wealth lab.

you can find wealth-lab at Wealth-Lab Technical Analysis, Charting and Trading Systems

guys I am seriously considering stoping the testing of this.

no matter how much you win with this EA you will loss it. the only way it works forever if you have a big account. that way you will have enough money to defend yourself from market goign against your position for long time.

the base of the philosofy of this systems is that market will not be forever against you. and thats the reason it keeps buying with higher lots sizes when you are losing . and thats true. the problem is that we are poor mortals have not enogh money to resist .

and when you try to put any kind of stoploss of managing the risk in any way, the philosofy of the system stops to work. when you cut your loses with this system you start to convert many winners in loses, and the graphic show no more wining

after testing this system I realized the matematic behind the phrase of my natal country that says "plata llama a plata" and it translates "money calls money"

at the end you need an indicator or a system that gets 70% winners against 30% losers more or less and with little drawdown to win this game.

nirvaman:
no matter how much you win with this EA you will loss it. the only way it works forever if you have a big account. that way you will have enough money to defend yourself from market goign against your position for long time.

the base of the philosofy of this systems is that market will not be forever against you. and thats the reason it keeps buying with higher lots sizes when you are losing . and thats true. the problem is that we are poor mortals have not enogh money to resist .

and when you try to put any kind of stoploss of managing the risk in any way, the philosofy of the system stops to work. when you cut your loses with this system you start to convert many winners in loses, and the graphic show no more wining

after testing this system I realized the matematic behind the phrase of my natal country that says "plata llama a plata" and it translates "money calls money"

at the end you need an indicator or a system that gets 70% winners against 30% losers more or less and with little drawdown to win this game.

I certainly understand the philosophy, and the good and bads. The thing is how do we go forward with it. Part of the reason why I'm still bugging around is, I strongly believe there is a balancing point. I know there is no way that I can get a 100% success trades, therefore where is the stop loss(in equity) should be place to balance it out comes in my mind. What is the high probability that will maintain the gain instead of lose it all? I bet 70% winning aint enough to sustain the loss, if we have MaxTrades > 2 with multiplier of 2. Because that will comes to 80% drawdown. Your call whether to stop trading with it. I found myself cant give up this for so long is just simply I believe there is a balancing point. A certain limit of cost averaging that will improve the profitability; knowing when to cut off all the losses in order to stay alive in the market. I've made much money, and I certainly lose a substantial of it during trending market. A large account will do no good if we do not admit the loss. Even if you have 100k starting with 0.01lot, you'll still end up with margin call. Try to scroll back your chart starting from July, 2006. Can you imagine if 10point3 put a sell order there, what will be your 100k balance today? Even I give you 10 billion to trade with it, it will still blow the account. All I concern is, how to build the small account up, and get away from the blow up with a small amount of loss. I need to find the balancing point. I've loss 30 bucks since I started to use it live. But hey, I'm on my way back to breakeven now. There is a way, but I still not manage to find the best route to get there. I wont stop you from "stopping", but I'm still hold on to it before it lose me another 200 bucks.

Regards

David

david. I will keep an eye in 10 point 3

I will keep and eye on your work on this. right now I have just trained a neural network using EUR/USD data. i trained it with the data of a month.

we will see how it works in simulations.

Now I will try to convert this data in a indicator. may be we can mix both systems anfter we finish with some good result

10points 3.mq4 SecureProfit

Hi,

Could someone kindly post a version of 10points 3.mq4 in which the function of SecureProfit works properly.

I have tried several versions but in none of them the SecureProfitit works.

Please advice.

Thank you,

LOLO

lolo:
Hi,

Could someone kindly post a version of 10points 3.mq4 in which the function of SecureProfit works properly.

I have tried several versions but in none of them the SecureProfitit works.

Please advice.

Thank you,

LOLO

The original 10point3 from FxS Forex - Scripts - Home works perfectly. Make sure you set the pipvalue correctly.

Regards

David

Reason: