10points 3.mq4 - page 343

10p3v003 How come so few trades?

Below are live and demo forward statements running 10p3v003 on EURUSD H1 using John's preset with the exception of no money management and account type =2.

How come so few trades?

Thank you for advising.

Best,

forexjim

forexjim:
Below are live and demo forward statements running 10p3v003 on EURUSD H1 using John's preset with the exception of no money management and account type =2.

How come so few trades?

Thank you for advising.

Best,

forexjim

Jim,

Market still trending. Until EA detects a reversal, it will not issue any more trade. For your information, put a MACD standard 12,26,9 on your chart.When ever the red line cross out the histogram bar, it will initiate a trade. Above 0 will do sell only, vice versa below 0 will do buy only. More over, H1 is lesser trade. To build the account up to 100%, you need a year time if it resemble the backtest.

Regards

David

10p3v003

davidke20:
Jim,

Market still trending. Until EA detects a reversal, it will not issue any more trade. For your information, put a MACD standard 12,26,9 on your chart.When ever the red line cross out the histogram bar, it will initiate a trade. Above 0 will do sell only, vice versa below 0 will do buy only. More over, H1 is lesser trade. To build the account up to 100%, you need a year time if it resemble the backtest.

Regards

David

Hi David,

Many thanks for helping me understand the EA. Will post statements periodically.

Best,

forexjim

Cross:
Here is a new progression that seems to be opened in the oposite direction...

Try to run your settings on the backtester, you'll know why I use pipstep 5. When you trade with 30pipstep, you'll need atleast 15pips of retracement to close the trades. As far as I concern, EURUSD behaviour is 15pips follow trend, retrace 8pips. Therefore 5pipstep just nice to retrace 3pips to close all positions. Am I making any sense?

Regards

David

Files:
10p3.gif  25 kb

Here is a new progression that seems to be opened in the oposite direction...

Files:
10p3.jpg  176 kb

davidke20:
Try to run your settings on the backtester, you'll know why I use pipstep 5. When you trade with 30pipstep, you'll need atleast 15pips of retracement to close the trades. As far as I concern, EURUSD behaviour is 15pips follow trend, retrace 8pips. Therefore 5pipstep just nice to retrace 3pips to close all positions. Am I making any sense?

Regards

David

Is you are, but what i am trying to show is that MACD gave the signal and the trades were opened in the oposite direction of the MACD signal, isn't that so?

Regards

davidke20:
Not sure what is your problem. Widen your TP may be able to troubleshoot more. Dump it on a backtester and see whether there is any trade modification when trailing stop approached. If there is still no action, let me know. For 1 reason you cant see the trailing stop kick in on the sell position because when it issue sell trades, the price of trade initiate is on the BID price. If your trailing stop is 10pips, it needs atleast 10pips+spread in profit in order to modify the stop loss to breakeven. Hope this help.

Regards

David

thank david for ya prompt reply..

davidke20:
For 1 reason you cant see the trailing stop kick in on the sell position because when it issue sell trades, the price of trade initiate is on the BID price. If your trailing stop is 10pips, it needs atleast 10pips+spread in profit in order to modify the stop loss to breakeven. Hope this help.

hmmm do i need to change a word BID to ASK to make it difference...if yes, i dun that remarks but no action..

Cross:
Is you are, but what i am trying to show is that MACD gave the signal and the trades were opened in the oposite direction of the MACD signal, isn't that so? Regards

No, I am trying to tell you the MACD signal CROSSING can only give you 10pips of profit. So, its not the indicator fault. Its just that you did not close trade while 10pips up. See attachment.

Regards

David

Files:
10p3_3.gif  23 kb

davidke20:
No, I am trying to tell you the MACD signal CROSSING can only give you 10pips of profit. So, its not the indicator fault. Its just that you did not close trade while 10pips up. See attachment.

Regards

David

Thanks David, I see what you mean