10points 3.mq4 - page 292

This weeks results for FXAO Ladder v0.TJMA-ATR.

Didn't start testing this one until 8-1.

Files:
8_3_1.htm  12 kb

Hello

THX for testing.

Here is version with ATR avoiding sudden price jumps for 1, 5, 15 and 30 min timeframe. It means more profit protection, so it means lower money loosing, but not always higher profit results.

If you want to stop current ATR timeframe set ATR value to 100, then ATR will be set over maximum volatility.

You could have expierience many different results, in some month results can be very impressive. Generally more ATRs is to give more safe trading.

level1=0.1, level2=0.4, level3=0.2; - lot size

SLlevel1=0, SLlevel2=70, SLlevel3=40 - SL size, SLlevel2=50, SLlevel3=50 can also be good

TPlevel=10, TPleve2=10, TPleve3=12 - TP size

ATRvalue=0.0011, ATR_timeframe=1, ATR_Period=4; - 1 minute timeframe

ATRvalue2=0.0005, ATR_timeframe2=5, ATR_Period2=1; - 5 minute timeframe

ATRvalue3=0.003, ATR_timeframe3=15, ATR_Period3=2; - 15 minute timeframe

ATRvalue4=0.005, ATR_timeframe4=30, ATR_Period4=3; - 30 minute timeframe

dist=15; - distance between levels

Santimo was right about better results in previous TURBO_JMA timeframe settings, which are introduced in this versions.

I believe that for further EA development only avoiding SL can have positive influance on final results.

ATR is a price change value without indicating price directions, so there could be more profits in sudden price change when add hedging taking into account the direction of price jump, but it is very risky so i didnt put this in EA.

Im also thinking about changes -distance- and TP according to ADX: if ADX is going up distance=10, TP=2, if ADX is going down distance=15, TP=10. But also i didnt put this.

master001

Wonderful. Will try it out.

I'll put it on eur/usd 15 tf.

Should I run the default settings?

Thanks

Rick

I ran the eur/usd 30min TF using default parameters for all of 2007 to date. See below. It was a slow drain.

I am most of the way through gbp/use, 5min Tf for same period using default parameters and am getting similar result, except a little worse.

All test using every tick.

I am in the process making an optimization run for eru/usd 30min. It will take a while.

Files:

More test results. It certainly seems like the market environment makes a huge difference in the results for this EA.

I tried to optimize for 2007 period for eur/usd for 30 min. I was unable to find any profitable settings. (There may be some but I will have to expand tests to find out. I tried to optimize SL1, TP1, ATRVAL4 & ATRPeriod4.)

Then I tried eur/usd using 15 min TF and default options for 2007 with similar results to 30 min posted above. Gradual losses. See below.

Then I tried eur/usd using 15min TF and default options for the period July 2004 through December 2005 with significantly better and positive results as well as a low drawdown. See below.

hello

First test should be done on default settings to check the results.

I think that analisys should be done on 4h timeframe because the most dangerous for profits is trend reversals. So the less trend reversals the higher profits can be reached.

My ATR, SL, TP and dist settings are designed for GBPUSD, so you should find this settings for different crosses, that would be the most proper, eg. if you change dist=15 to dist=10 you see quite significant positive difference in profit during the trend.

All finding settings are just to win with trend reversals!

The smaller timeframe the more difficult to find proper settings. I dont want to tell that newer versions are better, if there can be some versions you can choose the most safe and stabile. I dont know how dynamic and how to make automatic adjustment for different market characteristics.

I hope that ATR(volatility) parameter can be helpful, but many experiments are needed.

There can more different results when you set ATR value to 100 for separate timeframes to see if results are better.

Testing on 5 min timeframe always give me bad results.

Yoeleven said that EA expierienced error: trade context busy. I have read that error occurs in collision with other EA simulatiously running, but i have seen some situations when there was no EA (!) and received such message. Here is the link (it only concerns situations when more than 1 EA runs):

Error 146 ("Trade context busy") and How to Deal with It - MQL4 Articles

It would be very good if somebody explained preciously how and why differences between data from different brokers influance on EA results.

master001

master001:
hello

First test should be done on default settings to check the results.

I think that analisys should be done on 4h timeframe because the most dangerous for profits is trend reversals. So the less trend reversals the higher profits can be reached.

My ATR, SL, TP and dist settings are designed for GBPUSD, so you should find this settings for different crosses, that would be the most proper, eg. if you change dist=15 to dist=10 you see quite significant positive difference in profit during the trend.

All finding settings are just to win with trend reversals!

The smaller timeframe the more difficult to find proper settings. I dont want to tell that newer versions are better, if there can be some versions you can choose the most safe and stabile. I dont know how dynamic and how to make automatic adjustment for different market characteristics.

I hope that ATR(volatility) parameter can be helpful, but many experiments are needed.

There can more different results when you set ATR value to 100 for separate timeframes to see if results are better.

Testing on 5 min timeframe always give me bad results.

Yoeleven said that EA expierienced error: trade context busy. I have read that error occurs in collision with other EA simulatiously running, but i have seen some situations when there was no EA (!) and received such message. Here is the link (it only concerns situations when more than 1 EA runs):

Error 146 ("Trade context busy") and How to Deal with It - MQL4 Articles

It would be very good if somebody explained preciously how and why differences between data from different brokers influance on EA results.

master001

Ok,

I missundersttod what tf to test.

I will put it on 4 hr.

Guys, even if you backtest the EA successfully over the past 7 years of data, your EA will fail at forward testing or live trading. Because the market range changed a lot since 2007. If you could curve fit the settings on 2007 up to date, your EA may survive a longer time

Regards

David

I am now testing eur/usd and gbp/usd for 4HR TF. Struggling getting positive results for either using defaults.

So I am trying to optimize. Presumably that includes setting an ATR_timeframe to 240 and optimizing value and period as well as whatever else such as tp and sl. Or am I way offbase?

Thanks.

Reason: