10points 3.mq4 - page 97

Settings on detailed summary

matrixebiz:
Do you mean I go into the History Center? Where is the History Entry?

Thanks

EDIT: I think I got it. But it doesn't show my settings for the EA

The detailed summary when forward testing will not show the settings used but if you allow comments it will show the results from different EAs with magic numbers.

The detailed results that show settings are from back testing. If you access a detailed summary of back testing you will find those details.

John

Please a damn programmer improve this EA. dont forward test until it is secure.

Please add filter indicator RMI. Sell when crossing 80 below, Buy when crossing above 20. Test on H1. You will be rich

abrs70:
Please a damn programmer improve this EA.

Hmmm.

Maybe you could put this one to work on it...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175290/page18

- - - -

Cada uno es hijo desus obras

Hello folks

I am using a strategy which I found on page 18

tururo:
Dynamic stops added to stop at the point where maxtrades hits the final loss point.

Which I modified with the specifications of page 19

yeoeleven:
Using InterBankFX I have tested 10points 3 on all four nominated pairs with a setting as follows:-

TakeProfit=30.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=15.00000000

MaxTrades=5

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=10201

John

The EA went in with short 5 different times, but the price kept going up, and the dynamic stop never kicked in. Would anyone be able to explain to me what's happening? Or how I could fix it? I attached pictures of where the EA went into short (EUR-JPYm.bmp), and where the price is right now (eur-jpym final.gif).

I have another question, I want to run this EA in a live account, but I would like to start with 0.20 USD cents/pip. What would I have to change in order to be able to do this?

Thank you

Files:

MaxTrades

PIP_PIP:
Hello folks

I am using a strategy which I found on page 18 Which I modified with the specifications of page 19

The EA went in with short 5 different times, but the price kept going up, and the dynamic stop never kicked in. Would anyone be able to explain to me what's happening? Or how I could fix it? I attached pictures of where the EA went into short (EUR-JPYm.bmp), and where the price is right now (eur-jpym final.gif).

I have another question, I want to run this EA in a live account, but I would like to start with 0.20 USD cents/pip. What would I have to change in order to be able to do this?

Thank you

Did you set MaxTrades5, with that setting the Dynamic Stop should kick in after 5 progressions and the text at the top left should read Previous opened orders=5 Continue opening=0 as it does then and when MaxTrades6 is reached it should close all the progression.

AccountProtect=1 and OrderstoProtect=3 will over ride the MaxTrades and reduce the Trades by 3.

Without a detailed statement or the rest of your settings a better view of the problem can not be made but I would close it down and redownload the EA recompile it and start off again next week. Clearly it is not performing as it should and unless you have coding skills it would be better just to start off again.

As far as the settings for account progression on the Input page the accountisnormal setting would be set as 1 and the lots setting would be .2.

Because of the dangerous progression of this EA my recommendation for a live account would be .01 providing your broker allows it.

John

Edited to add that your EA name at the top right of the Chart is 10points_3MQ4 whilst mine is 10points_3_Dynamic_StopMQ4 so you could be working with a different version and that may be the cause of the problem.

yeoeleven:
Did you set MaxTrades5, with that setting the Dynamic Stop should kick in after 5 progressions and the text at the top left should read Previous opened orders=5 Continue opening=0 as it does then and when MaxTrades6 is reached it should close all the progression.

AccountProtect=1 and OrderstoProtect=3 will over ride the MaxTrades and reduce the Trades by 3.

Without a detailed statement or the rest of your settings a better view of the problem can not be made but I would close it down and redownload the EA recompile it and start off again next week. Clearly it is not performing as it should and unless you have coding skills it would be better just to start off again.

As far as the settings for account progression on the Input page the accountisnormal setting would be set as 1 and the lots setting would be .2.

Because of the dangerous progression of this EA my recommendation for a live account would be .01 providing your broker allows it.

John

Edited to add that your EA name at the top right of the Chart is 10points_3MQ4 whilst mine is 10points_3_Dynamic_StopMQ4 so you could be working with a different version and that may be the cause of the problem.

Thank you for your reply. I was going to make the changes you suggested, but I noticed that they were already set like that. I'm attaching my 10 points 3 EA so that you can see it and see if you can tell where the mistake is.

Thank you

Files:

abrs70:
Please a damn programmer improve this EA. dont forward test until it is secure. Please add filter indicator RMI. Sell when crossing 80 below, Buy when crossing above 20. Test on H1. You will be rich

Abrs,

Have a little respect for our fine programmers. You seem to be experimenting with a lot of ideas, and each one can be a separate EA on its own. You have suggested to include several filters, stops, entires, exits, etc. (to be included by "Damn" programmers) that when implemented will make an AE so complicated that all the features will compete with each other rather than making the EA more profitable. Many filters will give you very few signals or non at all, ask any "Damn" programmer. The idea is KISS, keep it simple stupid, and it works for the most successfull systems.

Look, the original version on page 94 post #933 works well and none of the goblygoojagurausorous revisions have made significant improvements to the EA without tweeking the external inputs. I think it will pay off if you learn how to program and implement all these ideas and see for yourself.

aligator

PIP_PIP:
Thank you for your reply. I was going to make the changes you suggested, but I noticed that they were already set like that. I'm attaching my 10 points 3 EA so that you can see it and see if you can tell where the mistake is. Thank you

I will attach my version of the EA with a change to the MaxTrades from 12 to 13 apart from that I can not see any differences but then I am not a coder.

I feel happier with my version because I have been testing it since page 18 with none of the problems that you have experienced.

Have you looked at the Experts and the Journal tabs just in case there is an error message there. If it shows not enough money that would be your answer.

John

Stop loss

PIP_PIP:
Thank you for your reply. I was going to make the changes you suggested, but I noticed that they were already set like that. I'm attaching my 10 points 3 EA so that you can see it and see if you can tell where the mistake is. Thank you

I posted this gif on page#41 post #408 it illustrates how the stoploss is shown when using my version but it seems not to appear on your chart. It indicates clearly that no more trades would be opened if the marked stop loss was reached. As it happened the trade was closed successfully on page #42

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/13/living_dangerously.gif

John

10 points_3 Mod

Hope it okay to post this here been working on ML1 Clone and feel I got it to my liking, and being 10 points is kinda similar tried the same mod on it, added center of gravity(2adjustable timeperiods), vhf(2 adjustable vhf periods), on mod1, and RMI on version #2.Backtest report is mod1 on H1 chart timeframe.

Regards

mrtools

Reason: