10points 3.mq4 - page 10

i found out my problem. I am trying to trade starting with .01 lots. If I start with .1 lots it will double when it is suppose to, but if I start with .01 lots it will only open 1 trade. Does any1 know how to get a round this?

Yeoeleven:

I am having a problem with Detailed Satement13, first Max Trade is 5 that would mean 5 losses in a row would get you to (0.10,0.20,.040..080,1.60) thus would not the highest progression in trades be a maximum of 1.60, not 3.20 as I think two trades show on this report.

Also you have a trade in USD/JPYof 12.80 units or closed of $1,757, this should have not occured if Max Trades would have been followed then there would have been no profit at all for the week if what I have discussed would have been removed from the report?

thanks!

yeoeleven:
Yes the other pairs had been reset to MaxTrade5 but I left USDJPY because it was already in progress intending to reset it after it either closed itself or it became in profit overall. I woke up to find that it had closed. Providing the account can support the higher trades they close very quickly when they achieve overall profitability. In my opinion dropping the TP down to 30 and the MaxTrade down to 5 takes away the greatest problem and now my account can only trade upto a 1.6 unit and also after the first trade they close when in a predetermined profit also resisting additional increments.

Just for squirts and giggles, I have been running the EURUSD on M30 with a $25k demo. Lots = 1, MaxTrade = 6. Everything else is default (TP = 40).

After 24 hours It is keeping up with the other computer running a $25k demo with Lots = .1 and MaxTrades = 10 on four pairs.

Both are up about $1k.

txsundevil:
Yeoeleven:

I am having a problem with Detailed Satement13, first Max Trade is 5 that would mean 5 losses in a row would get you to (0.10,0.20,.040..080,1.60) thus would not the highest progression in trades be a maximum of 1.60, not 3.20 as I think two trades show on this report.

Also you have a trade in USD/JPYof 12.80 units or closed of $1,757, this should have not occured if Max Trades would have been followed then there would have been no profit at all for the week if what I have discussed would have been removed from the report?

thanks!

I can understand your comment but the last weekly period had trades from each of the 30 TP combinations. At the begining the maxtrade was 10 allowing for up to the 12.8 trades and after the USDJPY trade of 12.8 unit the maximum possible was 1.6 and this occurred only once and when it occurred the indicator on the chart noted that there would be no further trades open. I discussed that previously here.

Yes the other pairs had been reset to MaxTrade5 but I left USDJPY because it was already in progress intending to reset it after it either closed itself or it became in profit overall. I woke up to find that it had closed.

If you can see the progressivegif previously posted with timeframes you will understand the trades better.

herkfsu:
i found out my problem. I am trying to trade starting with .01 lots. If I start with .1 lots it will double when it is suppose to, but if I start with .01 lots it will only open 1 trade. Does any1 know how to get a round this?

Have the same problem...

using this ea with maxlots=10 and initialstop=0 i SUICIDE!

Just one big move and your account is completly OUT!

look on 2006-01-01 >> 2006-07-01 backtest i've made with/without InitialStop and MaxLots=5

MaxLots=5 InitialStop = 0

MaxLots=5 InitialStop = 150

JoZo:
Have the same problem...

here too

my current settings

Still moving well with the folllowing preset on a M30 TF:-

TakeProfit=30

Lots=0.1

InitialStop=0.0

TrailingStop=15

MaxTrades=5

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

the above settings allowed the Ea' to open multiple positions

*note - demo account*

i started with 1 pair (eurusd) then mid week added (gbpusd)

the balance sheet read as the following:

1479.00 = profit

332.00 = loss (8.00 is from me manually closing positions on friday afternoon)

1147.00 = over all profit for the week

*next weeks goal * is to run the 3 pairs for the full week

(eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/chf), during news releases and all and see what happens.

hope this information helps.

Just thought I would let you know, the DLMv1.3.ex4 (Dealer Lots Manager) which based upon the 10 points 3 is now available at http://elcactus.com

I am going to try it too. It has quite a few more options to piddle with.

EAs???

Can someone explain to me what Expert Advisors are used for?

Thanks

Reason: