STOP-LOSS KILLS YOUR ACCOUNT! - page 7

Ishim:
it is the same bet, the question is what! is the entry signal (combination of candlesticks, a bunch of indicators), and the mandatory condition for the TS is that the TP is greater than the SL (eg 5:4), the variants of distance - align over time (sl - 500 pips - 20 in the end will be the balance of 20 pips per 1 sl). These conditions (entry) are not present on history - it turns out entry can be equated to a coin.

plus serial especially if the ratio is 500 to 20

But I wouldn't do it that way, better the TP and SL should be more or less correlated, then you can correct the drawdown with a series of deals

transcendreamer:

plus serial especially if the ratio is 500 to 20

But I wouldn't do that, better the TP and SL should be more or less correlated, then you can correct the drawdown with a series of trades

My calculations will not show much variation. 1) people have been using TP-100 - SL-150 for years. (but the entry is not from the light), 2) punctures (hai, low) with a quick fixation of 50% after 3-5 pips. (on higher tf - you can increase points) - the rest is a short stop and then boo.

breakdown of hayves.

Ishim:

There are few options - 1)people have been running TP - 100 SL - 150 for years. (but inputs are not from the background), 2) breakdowns (haves, loys) with a quick fix of 50% after 3-5 pips. (on higher tf - you can increase points) - the rest is a short stop and then boo.

breakdown of hayves.

I sometimes use the second variant. I may work with a short stop. Otherwise sometimes a false breakthrough of 1-2 pips occurs and it goes in the opposite direction.

Astop loss is the size of a predetermined loss at which the trader is still able to control himself.))

And if the loss is bigger, the trader has no control over himself? How's that?

If trading is trending, why do you need SL?! The answer is simple to make money for the broker!

IMHO, if you determine the trend correctly for the day/week/month, etc., no SL is needed. If you have not defined the trend correctly, the SL will not help, because you will lose your deposit anyway. Many will argue that the SL is needed for another chance, but it can be earned by correctly determining the volume of transactions and waiting for a correction - take the cream off.

MIG32:
And if the loss is bigger, the trader has no control over himself? How do you mean?
It won't be more than that, it's a stop loss)

I'm just wondering, why create such a stupid topic?

This thread has only one answer:

If you really are a trader, and not a woodpecker, then you necessarily use a TRADING STRATEGY, and it means using money management, and your stop, is always determined by it, your money management !!!!! There is no other way !!!!

(the amount you are willing to lose on each trade, which you calculate in pips and there you put your stop)

ALL OTHER DESCRIPTIONS IN THIS FORUM THREAD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE QUESTION OF WHERE TO PUT THE STOP LOT !!!

You guys don't understand what the stop is for. Real forex traders are mostly just amateurs !!!

10937:

What's all the fuss about, O Great Guru of Trading... You're yelling in capsule, you're yelling in red, you're yelling in blue... Did you lose your temper?

Emotions must be running high...

;))

Reason: