EAs and real accounts - page 6

newdigital, do you know which medium risk EA works best with IBFX? Thanks.

Yoda_Glenn:
newdigital, do you know which medium risk EA works best with IBFX? Thanks.

I did not test with IBFX.

BTW read that thread which i posted. It is some preliminary information i understand. But it is also very personal as some people like some systems and the others don't. So it is not about risk only. It depends on deposit size, habits and so on.

I only know that Scalp_net all the versions are performing very differently with IBFX (more good or more bad - don't know). And DayTrading 3 EA is not so attractive with IBFX.

I think that some EA based on breakout, or StepMAExpert 1.45 may be usefull. But it should be tested with IBFX of course.

If you can help me with a setup for EA portfolio

Hello

I would like to go live with 10-15 EA's found here and on few other sites. Heard that it is possible to rent dedicated server and run metatrader from it so it would be great if you can share your knowladge on this.

What would be a good provider for a server?

Can matatrader run 20-30 charts at the same time or is that too much?

If I am to aply simple money managment rule (5% max trade) to all EA's, can that lead to some problems with them?

Hope I can get answers on these questions, and I will be reporting back results on monthly basis...

vpopovic:
Hello

I would like to go live with 10-15 EA's found here and on few other sites. Heard that it is possible to rent dedicated server and run metatrader from it so it would be great if you can share your knowladge on this.

What would be a good provider for a server?

Can matatrader run 20-30 charts at the same time or is that too much?

If I am to aply simple money managment rule (5% max trade) to all EA's, can that lead to some problems with them?

Hope I can get answers on these questions, and I will be reporting back results on monthly basis...

Many people are using the servers outside our forum. You may read about it here and here and here.

New Digital,

Can we foward test using Real Account instead of Demo Account and post the results?

Maybe start with the ones you have got currently.

Thanks

artine:
New Digital,

Can we foward test using Real Account instead of Demo Account and post the results?

Maybe start with the ones you have got currently.

Thanks

You may post. But do not repeat my mistakes.

Which mistakes?

For example, SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert EA (SBS EA) and TradersPowerExpert_v1.2 (TPE EA). I am testing those EAs on demo account with 50,000 deposit size. And i am able to trade by 1 lot in this case. But my real account is 1,800 only so I am able to trade by 0.1 lot only. I will have the same profit in pips calculation. But my profit in dollars will be much more less (because of account size).

The same case with StepMAExpert_v1.45: it is profitable and I may get 400 or 500 pips for several months. If my real account is 1,800 so I will get the about $400 only for several month.

The other EAs are the same: if we want to trade and if we like the process of trading more than profit so we may use some EAs with small deposit size. But if we need a profit so we need to use some different EA, or to have big deposit size.

Now I am using almost all StepMAExpert_v1.42 with 0.1 lot size with MM=true together with MultiPositionExpert (setted for profit=100 pips). Hope this strategy to close all the orders for all the EAs with 100 pips profit will work.

Anyway we need some scalper for small deposit size. I am trying to create one and hope I will finish it.

All the EAs you may take from this page.

May be, I will try to use new versions of qq EA ...

Because old versions performed great.

Which EA is reliable?

Which EA is the most relaible? The one that makes decent money consitetnly that we can just set it and forget and earn income? One with the least drawdown? The EA we can use to retire with and make a living with? Any advise? Thanks, Alan

fxsterling:
Which EA is the most relaible? The one that makes decent money consitetnly that we can just set it and forget and earn income? One with the least drawdown? The EA we can use to retire with and make a living with? Any advise? Thanks, Alan

I moved your post to this thread because this thread is something related with EAs and real accounts: deposit size, drawdown, risk, and so on.

I am testing some of the EAs with real account and some other people are doing this as well. So it may be good thread. I have my opinion about all the EAs tested: small drawdown is less of pips in profit. Generally it is the true.

In the end of the year I will try to make excel files for 8 or 10 EAs which were profitable for 1 year forward testing. One excel file per EA. And we may see everything more clear.

But up to now we have some my analysis in total leaders thread and in some other threads (which not everybody satisfy with) and the statements. Besides

we may discuss everything and any EA charing the opinions and so on.

Planning to go live with these EA. Any comments?

Hello guys,

After studying the "weekly performance" and "total leaders" threads carefully, and doing research somewhere else, I decided to go live with these EA on Monday with the following currency pair with an IBFX mini account (note: some EA are from other forum):

GBPUSD:

pipboxer

Breakout_1.1_Daytrade

Breakout_1.1_Trend

Breakout_1.1_Trend2

StepMAExpert v1.45

eMonday_LS

Xp_EMAS

USDCHF:

pipboxer

MaChannel

Xp_EMAS

EURUSD:

eMonday_LS

I may use all or just some of them.

My questions are:

1) Is it possible to run all these EA at the same time?

2) Is there anyone running these EA live, or even running live with a IBFX mini account? Can you please kindly advise me if there are any details that I need to concern?

3) Any setting to make if I would like to trade 0.5 mini lot for each trade? I have used pipboxer before and I know how to set this with them. Are the others just the same?

As I am relatively new in Forex and trading with EA, any comments are welcome and is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Geoff

Reason: