Here's mine, but needs tweaking. Need help pls! - page 2

FXGuy2000:
I'm still not understanding it, because the EA is being read by the chart so it knows what to do. If I update the EA, then the old magic number is going to be gone, so how does it know what to use on the first chart if the magic number was changed... see where I'm coming from?

EA does not know anything. He knows nothing.

You need to tell him: "EURUSD H1 chart is 1000 magic number for you! I want all the orders you will open from this chart to have magic number value 1000!".

You are telling it by input magic number value in the EA settings before attaching it to the chart (EURUSD H1 chart). And all the orders which this EA will opened from this chart will have the number 1000. If you change this number in EA's settings (i mean EA which was attached to EURUSD H1 chart) this EA will not process the old orders with old magic numbers.

Basicly it is necessary if you are using several EAs in one Metatrader (especially on the same currency and timeframe).

Thanks for your reply Newdigital and your patience.

had to think about this for the minute, your answer still doesn't help me. because I don't think you understand what I'm saying?

What I was doing was editing the file via the meta editor... this is wrong right?

If so, how do I change the magic number? via the property settings of the EA, then change there, then click OK? Sorry for being slow, but I'm relatively new to these EA's and especially the magic number stuff. :|

FXGuy2000:
Thanks for your reply Newdigital and your patience.

had to think about this for the minute, your answer still doesn't help me. because I don't think you understand what I'm saying?

What I was doing was editing the file via the meta editor... this is wrong right?

If so, how do I change the magic number? via the property settings of the EA, then change there, then click OK? Sorry for being slow, but I'm relatively new to these EA's and especially the magic number stuff. :|

Yes via the property settings of the EA, then change there, then click OK. Or before OK click SAVE and save the settings (together with magic number) in pre-set file to LOAD it later on without any input manually.

arh, cool, thank you Newdigital.

igorad:
Hi,

I have added some improvements in your EA.

Try to change Stoploss, TakeProfit and TrailingStop for better results.

Magic (Magic Number) allow to work with different pairs at the same time.

Igor

P.S. I have uploaded new version without bugs.

Igorad, I was just wondering if you had altered this one at all so it works better than the original version?

Thanks.

I guess not.

Reason: