SideWinder for CCI: My first release - page 3

Hi there,

As promised, here is an overlay version of the SideWinder for MT4. Simply drag and drop it onto any CCI indicator and it will add itself to the bottom of the CCI indicator and still show the angles as an comment in the top left hand corner of the chart.

This is just an alternative for those who do not wish to have it running in a second frame of its own and save screen space.

Best wishes and happy hunting

FX Sniper

NOTE: All the latest versions of the indicators are to be found at post number 24 of this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174836

Files:
allinone.gif  21 kb

Hi, FX Sniper:

Thanks for sharing your new ChopZone and SideWinder indicator with us.

In post #23 you tell us you are not a CCI trader. What indicators, if any, do you use in your Forex trading. What would you recommend for the 5 minute time frame? By the way, I really like your Ergodic CCI & Trigger. Thanks again.

Rancho:
Hi, FX Sniper:

Thanks for sharing your new ChopZone and SideWinder indicator with us.

In post #23 you tell us you are not a CCI trader. What indicators, if any, do you use in your Forex trading. What would you recommend for the 5 minute time frame? By the way, I really like your Ergodic CCI & Trigger. Thanks again.

Hello Rancho !

Although I am not trading using the CCI, there is a parrallel between what Woodie would call a ZLR ( zero line reject ) and the trades that I take which are all trend based.

I have an customized momentum indicator which I built spesifically for locating dips during strong trending markets while most regular momentum oscillators stop working in trending markets.

I have however always been on the lookout for a good trend quality filter and SW and CZI has now only grabed my attention. If it works for ZLR trades it sure as hell will work for my regular trend trades.

I will perhaps in the future start a thread where we could discuss all the ideas and share all the indicators I have built which include many quality statistical tools such as R-Squared, R-Slope, variouse correlation indicators etc...all these of course are not used in my current trade plan but was developed and coded due to an ongoing thurst for knowledge and entertainment No point in fixing something that aint broken.

Will look forward to perhaps seeing you there !

Kind regards,

FX Sniper

FX_Sniper:
Hello Rancho !

Although I am not trading using the CCI, there is a parrallel between what Woodie would call a ZLR ( zero line reject ) and the trades that I take which are all trend based.

I have an customized momentum indicator which I built spesifically for locating dips during strong trending markets while most regular momentum oscillators stop working in trending markets.

I have however always been on the lookout for a good trend quality filter and SW and CZI has now only grabed my attention. If it works for ZLR trades it sure as hell will work for my regular trend trades.

Kind regards,

FX Sniper

Come on now, FX Sniper. You got my attention one more time. This is your moment and your got momentum. But, I am hanging here in curiousity now. I only use the regular Momentum indicator and the RSI-TC, if needed, to help me out on trend direction and its strength. If you don't mind, would you please share and explain you customized momentum indicator.

I have tried the Woodies CCI set of indicators trading e minis and forex. But I just could not handle all them patterns. ZLR is the only thing I can figure out. Like I said, I want it simple and effective. You, raff1410, Igorad, and many others in this TSD community are making it happen.

Hats off to you ALL.

FXCruiser

ValeoFX:
Where do we find the indicators and template, please Cruiser? I would like to test-drive it also.

ValeoFX,

I would be happy to share it, with FX Sniper permission since this is his thread. Otherwise, PM me with your e mail address and I will oblige.

The beauty, effectiveness, of simplified trading (B.E.S.T) system. I just coined that one now.

FXCruiser

Another BULLSEYE

or shall we shall say, it is a BEARSEYE...

FX Sniper, please take a look at what you've done. I have made a couple of color changes and with the crossbar, it all aligned, the BuLLS and the BEARS, right before your eyes.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/10/bullseye.jpg

Is this simple enough? Will it be effective? We will soon see come Monday and the rest of next week.

SIMPLY

Sleepless in Manila (3:30 AM). Will be back in the USA next month. But I'd rather be in Spain (suitable, timewise, for FX trading).

FXCruiser

Files:
bullseye.jpg  163 kb

I am sorry, I have uploaded the wrong file above. Here is the correct chart image shot of the BULLSEYE/BEARSEYE. Please note the indicator window #3; this is what I used before the FX Sniper version.

Thanks.

Files:

Hi FX Sniper , Do I miss anything ,man you have done a great art work here ,For those who play with huuya must be fasinatting with your job ,by the way I cant see the czi final and the side winder overly can you point it the right way . cheers

hulahula:
....,by the way I cant see the czi final and the side winder overly can you point it the right way . cheers

hulahula, check it out here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174836/page2. Enjoy!

Reason: