Well working Trading System ! - page 8

stav01:
Can anybody tell me how to use the .RAR files attached to the first post in VTrader? Many thanks.

About winrar https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173397/page11

crodzilla:
Fellow Elite Members,

Here is the FX Turning Point Indicator (Buy/Sell arrows). It is a simple combination of MA's, MACD and RSI. Uses Heiken-Ashi closes for data instead of regular closes.

{Moving Averages}

MA1:= MOV(MA1prc,MA1per,MA1type);

MA2:= MOV(MA2prc,MA2per,MA2type);

{Relative Strength Index}

rsi_r:= (C - ref(C,-1));

rsi_rs:= Wilders(if(rsi_r>0,rsi_r,0),RSIper) / Wilders(if(rsi_r<0,Abs(rsi_r),0),RSIper);

_RSI:= 100-(100/(1+rsi_rs));

RSIMidLine:= 50;

{MACD}

Fast:= Mov(MACDprc,MACDShMAper,MACDMAtype)-Mov(MACDprc,MACDLgMAper,MACDMAtype);

Signal:= Mov(Fast,MACDSigMAper,MACDMAtype);

Hist:= Fast - Signal;

Cond1:= MA1 > MA2;

Cond2:= _RSI > 50;

Cond3:= Fast > Signal;

Long:=0;

Short:=0;

Long:= if(Cond1 and Cond2 and Cond3,1,

if(not Cond1 and not Cond2 and not Cond3,0,prev));

Short:= not Long;

LongSignal:= Cross(Long,Short);

ShortSignal:= Cross(Short,Long);

AudioLong := ref(LongSignal,-1);

AudioShort := ref(ShortSignal,-1);

OpenBuy:= LongSignal and (eventCount('OpenBuy')=eventCount('CloseBuy'));

CloseBuy:= ShortSignal and (eventCount('OpenBuy')>eventCount('CloseBuy'));

{OpenSell and CloseSell}

OpenSell:= ShortSignal and (eventCount('OpenSell')=eventCount('CloseSell'));

CloseSell:= LongSignal and (eventCount('OpenSell')>eventCount('CloseSell'));

The default parameters that work in ALL timeframes in ANY market:

MA1 Price: haClose

MA1 Periods: 5

MA1 Type: Weighted

MA2 Price: haClose

MA2 Periods: 10

MA2 Type: Simple

RSI Periods: 4

MACD Price: haClose

MACD MA Type:Exponential

MACD Short MA Periods: 8

MACD Long MA Periods: 21

MACD Signal MA Periods: 5

I have programmed all 3 indicators into Amibroker and have verified that the system works in all markets (commodities and stocks) and all timeframes (some tweeking required for monthly timeframes and very short timeframes).

Hi,

Thanks for how to code turning point system. How do you code the two supporting indicators - SSL and Strength?

Regards,

Stav01.

hi,

This commercial system looks suspiciously similar to this system that I have and can give you for free.

Look at the chart of today 8 feb 07, if you like it ...

JP

Files:
gbpusd8feb.gif  170 kb

Thanks that would be great. Is it profitable? Do you use it?

I like too, which system/EA are you using there?

Hi guy's

Today the system did this: see attachment.

BykovTrend_syg, PerkyAsctrend1, I_XO_A_H and others can be set up to give signals like on these charts. I use Bykov. However, with this, or any other indicator of that sort ALONE you can’t make a profit. I use some other “enhancements” to make it work. One thing for instance: I don’t see forex as a long non stop market from Monday morning till Friday evening. Trading starts at 8GMT. Before that, these indicators will wip you poor!

JP

Files:

i am trying to program an EA off of this system but am running into a few problems:

#1 when backtesting on tick data from the same timeframe TrendEnvelopes is using the system works correctly, but the indicator seems to lag. if you attach it to a chart everything looks perfect, but when taking the signals from the indicator directly it is much later and less accurate then it appears in the chart. has anyone else noticed that the indicator 'corrects' itself overtime and changes its up and down signals to be more accurate for times in the past? has anyone traded live using this indicator yet?

[edit] - i answered my own question here...the chart looks very pretty b/c the down arrows point down at the top of the candlestick and the up arrows point up at the bottom. but in reality the actual down signal may have (usually does) come at the bottom of the stick and vice versa...so no, the signals are not nearly as accurate as they look on the chart.

#2 - maybe i don't understand the system completely but when i attach all 3 indicators (TrendEnvelopes, TrendStregth, and Range) to a chart i don't see any instances where TrendStrength and Range_v2 contradict TrendEnvelope's up and down arrows. Can someone please point out how TrendStrength and Range_v2 are incorporated into the system? If you can, please take a screenshot of a situation where TrendStrength and/or Range_v2 would indicate NOT to trade at a time when TradeEnvelopes is indicating to trade.

please reply if you think you have any info that would help.

thanks,

ben

I don't understand why it is so dificult to make an EA of these indicators, since we have the indicators?

I am not a programmer (i feel sory that I never learned programming) but still I have opinion that making that kind of EA shouldn't cause so much troubles...or is it?

Tradecurrency.ca

I purchased this software too. Save your money. This is for losers.

ronhamrick:
I purchased this software too. Save your money. This is for losers.

This software looks quite promising. Wonder why the thread was dropped?

Oh well. The MT4 version of the TrendStrength indicator doesn't look as robust and reliable as the VT version. I'mma check it out and post results.

Reason: