Well working Trading System ! - page 19

newdigital:
I checked Ichimoku indicator filtering M15 trades on H4, H1 and D1 timeframes and this indicator does not work with this system. I am trying to look at Absolute strenght indicator now.

Because not every system is working fine with Ichimoku indicatr: this standard indicator is something related to high/low and support/resistance.

newdigital:
...I am trying to look at Absolute strenght indicator now.

It is the rules for this Absolute strenght indicator.

I think it is understandable from the images.

I am not using MTF version: don't want to be confused with coding after.

It is much more better just to attach normal not-re-painting indicator to H1, H4 and D1 timeframe instead of using MTF on M15.

Files:
absolute1.gif  20 kb
absolute2.gif  23 kb

Of course, this indicator works better on D1 timeframe, then - H4 timeframe, We may use it for H1 as well (to filter any signals or to understand themarket condition) but it may be filtered some good signals as well. especially if we are trading on M15 filtering the signals on H1.

Anyway it works.

Please note ima not using MTF version because don't want to be confused with coding.

We may download indicator from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

MTF version with explanation: links to the pages to download https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176023 (see words "market condition evaluation (incl choppy zones) ...").

Look at the image.

You may see backtesting results (settings "set #5" from the post #20 of this thread, M15 timeframe, EURUSD).

And you may see the chart in same date (January 2002) with Absolute strenght indicator default settings.

First ticket was #1. Sell in 02nd of January 2002 at 00:15. We may see it from the image. It was loss of $42 by 0.1 lot size.

If we see on the image so we will understand that Absolute strenght indicator is showing 'not buy, not sell'. It was flat. We do not need to trade.

Ticket #3. It was buy, right? In 02nd of January 2002 at 07:15. It was profit with $103.96 by 0.1 lot size. Why? Look at the image: Absolute strenght indicator is filtering sell and only buy order should be open. It is "buy, not sell" condition.

Ticket #5: 03rd of january 2002 at 04:15. Sell. And this order was closed in profit in 07th of january only because it was sell signal really for Absolute strenght indicator.

Files:
absolute3.gif  48 kb

If we are filtering the signals by same Absolute strenght indicator on H4 timeframe (trading by EA uon m15 timeframe) so we will get much more better results:

This indicator will filter our first losing sell, then will alow to trade profitable buy. Then our 3rd trade (sell) we will understand as counter trend or "not buy, not sell", right?

You may look and compare the rules of this indicator on some posts above with this one:

Files:
absolute4.gif  47 kb

I did not check all the trades since 2002 of course. Because it is very hard to do. And I attached this indicator with default settings withut any thinkings about. And I used backtesting results.

But if we will use it in forward testing? And if we optimize the settings of this indicator?

It may work, right?

We may know exactly:

- trending market for buy only or for sell only;

- choppy market (both buy and sell);

- flat;

- counter trend for buy only and for sell only.

So, I have the following suggestion about filter.

extern string Add_Inputs = "AbsoluteStrenght Filter parameters";

extern int AS_TimeFrame = 0; // Time Frame in min[/CODE]

and so on (indicator's settings).

and then:

UseASFilter= true //if we are using Absolute strenght indicator as a filter so we have true. If false so we are not using this indicator at all.

If UseASFilter= true so we may use the following:

[CODE]- UseASFilterCounterTrend=true //or false. If true so we are not trading counter trend. If false so we are trading it.

- UseASFilterChoppy=true //or false. If true so we are not trading choppy market. If false so we are trading choppy market.

Of course, Absolute strenght indicator can not predict the market condition.

Ichimoku indicator can do it (with some ... probability, let's say).

But, anyway, using Absolute strenght indicator we may filter some signals and we will know: in which market condition we are taking buy or sell order.

Please note that Absolute strenght indicator is one of the many other ways to filter the signals according to the market condition. But we need to start with something.

That' exactly what we want. How can i add these codes to the EA, i never did that.

Flytox:
That' exactly what we want. How can i add these codes to the EA, i never did that.

We may ask Igorad.

Thanks

Thanks Newdigital - this could be very good.

Reason: