Well working Trading System ! - page 17

Igorad created next 2.4 version:

- it was fixed exit on addsigbnal indicator;

- MaxOrders function was added.

I will post it tomorrow on post #20 as I am still busy with 2.2 version (Igorad is coding more quickly than we can test it)

newdigital:
I updated post #20 of this thread.

To be sure, does v2.4 include Giapel's magic number fix code?

I agree on the choppy/ranging market situation. I've seen it take some great trades when things are trending, but it gets into trouble otherwise. Another thing I noticed is that the TP settings (whatever they are set to...) have done very well on bigger, long running trades, but not as well if the trade goes less than 120 pips or so. I saw one very big trade go for about 1000 pips and the TP settings captured almost all of it! (excellent!) Yet when things get choppy, I've seen several trades that started out very profitable (100 pips or so) and then ended up for losses. I know you can't win EVERY trade, but seems maybe we need to have the EA somehow utilize different TP parameters when conditions change, if possible.

Also, is there some way I can get info on what the available parameter options are? I'm not a coder, so it's difficult for me to know what and how I can change parameters such as trailing stop, stop loss and others within the inputs interface. That would be helpful.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in the code.

Yes, Igorad is FAST, but great job!!

newdigital:
If we need more (MaxTrades options in the settings or hedge or something) so we need to ask him for improvement.

Not to hijack THIS thread, but that (MaxTrades option) sounds like it would benefit the Firebird EA to eliminate all those aberrant trades on the 5th...??

Ok, sorry, back to this method now!

Pipskateer:
Not to hijack THIS thread, but that (MaxTrades option) sounds like it would benefit the Firebird EA to eliminate all those aberrant trades on the 5th...?? Ok, sorry, back to this method now!

No.

MaxTrades is the same as in Scalp_net_v1.3: EA will open as many orders as crosses or indicator's signals.

For example: EA open the order according to TE and should be close on mode=5. But we got the other signal to open the order. So, EA will open the second order irrespective off. No one crossing/entrance will be missing.

Pipskateer:
To be sure, does v2.4 include Giapel's magic number fix code?

No.

We can not test this EA using Giapel's magic number fix code. For example, I want to test this EA with different settings on GBPUSD so:

- I attach EA (set #1) to GBPUSD M15 chart;

- the same EA (set #2) to GBPUSD M15 chart with the same MetaTrader;

and so on

I can not do it using Giapel's magic number fix code.

This fix code is good when people are using this EA finally because all that they need to do is to attach EA to the chart and no need to explain them why they need different magic number.

But for testing we need simple one.

I uploaded version 2.4 on post #20.

I am still backtesting version 2.2.

As to choppy market so it may be the following:

- we may decide which indicator we will use for that and Igorad may do it;

- or I may say "use this EA this week" or "don't use this EA for this week" according to my persnal experience with Ichimoku indicator. But my experience can not coded of course

Got it! Thanks!

newdigital:
No.

MaxTrades is the same as in Scalp_net_v1.3: EA will open as many orders as crosses or indicator's signals.

For example: EA open the order according to TE and should be close on mode=5. But we got the other signal to open the order. So, EA will open the second order irrespective off. No one crossing/entrance will be missing.

No.

We can not test this EA using Giapel's magic number fix code. For example, I want to test this EA with different settings on GBPUSD so:

- I attach EA (set #1) to GBPUSD M15 chart;

- the same EA (set #2) to GBPUSD M15 chart with the same MetaTrader;

and so on

I can not do it using Giapel's magic number fix code.

This fix code is good when people are using this EA finally because all that they need to do is to attach EA to the chart and no need to explain them why they need different magic number.

But for testing we need simple one.

newdigital:
I uploaded version 2.4 on post #20.

I am still backtesting version 2.2.

As to choppy market so it may be the following:

- we may decide which indicator we will use for that and Igorad may do it;

- or I may say "use this EA this week" or "don't use this EA for this week" according to my persnal experience with Ichimoku indicator. But my experience can not coded of course

May be Damiani voltameter associated to czi overlay with tf ability.

If it in not too much

Concerning TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.4 version: please note - this MaxTrades function is working if indicators are having Mode=1 in the EA's settings. See this post for more explanation.

Flytox:
May be Damiani voltameter associated to czi overlay with tf ability. If it in not too much

Everybody is talking about Damiani voltameter but I've never used it

Well. I will try to do some ... very short abstracting from some methods and threads. Next week. Just very short with links for one post only. And we may select the way about how to avoid choppy/flat market.

I am thinking about Ichimoku cloud on H4 or D1 timeframes but there are many other methods.

Reason: