Independent Trailing Stop

Is there an EA that I can attach to a chart which will simply take any open trade on that pair and trail stop it according to what I set it to. When I do manual trades all metatrader allows is a 15 pip trailing stop minimum. That just isn't tight enough for me.

Trailing stop EA

Aaragorn:
Is there an EA that I can attach to a chart which will simply take any open trade on that pair and trail stop it according to what I set it to. When I do manual trades all metatrader allows is a 15 pip trailing stop minimum. That just isn't tight enough for me.

This one works really well, with FXDD you can get the trade to break even after 4 or 5 pips and you can control the trailing stop as well, just enter a trade and the EA sets the stop, limit, type and size of trailing stop and the breakeven or set to XX number of pips after XX number of pips.

e_trailing.mq4

Files:
e_trailing.mq4  17 kb

.. sweet.. thank you for this. i agree.. 15 trailing stop is just crap..

cja:
This one works really well, with FXDD you can get the trade to break even after 4 or 5 pips and you can control the trailing stop as well, just enter a trade and the EA sets the stop, limit, type and size of trailing stop and the breakeven or set to XX number of pips after XX number of pips. e_trailing.mq4

It is written inside the code that this EA should be attached to one chart and it will trail all the open orders in Metatrader (for example, attach to GBPUSD M5 and this EA will trail all the orders from USDJPY and so on).

hey I think this is just what I was looking for! wow cool...

I'm not exactly sure how to use the settings...are there instructions?

Aaragorn:
hey I think this is just what I was looking for! wow cool... I'm not exactly sure how to use the settings...are there instructions?

It is written inside the code in Russian the followng:

Attach to one chart only!

ProfitTrailing = True; // profit trailing if true

TrailingStop = 8; // fixed trail size

TrailingStep = 2; // how many trailing steps

UseSound = True; // use sound

NameFileSound = "expert.wav"; // name of sound file

e_Trailing

newdigital:
It is written inside the code in Russian the followng:

Attach to one chart only!

ProfitTrailing = True; // profit trailing if true

TrailingStop = 8; // fixed trail size

TrailingStep = 2; // how many trailing steps

UseSound = True; // use sound

NameFileSound = "expert.wav"; // name of sound file

newdigital where is the code you have above in the e_Trailing EA, the one I posted has this.

extern string SL_TP_Trail_Options="--------------------------";

extern int StopLoss.Pips=30; // static, initial s/l. Unused if Use.Adr.for.sl.pips = true

extern int TakeProfit.Pips=160; // static, initial take profit

extern int Trail.Pips=15; // trail.pips. Unused if Use.Adr.for.sl.pips=true or if value=0

extern bool Trail.Starts.After.BreakEven=true; // if true trailing will start after a profit of "Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips" is made

extern int Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips=11; // trades in profit will move to entry price + Move.To.BreakEven.Lock.pips as soon as trade is at entry price + Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips

extern int Move.To.BreakEven.Lock.pips=7;

extern int Move.Trail.Every.xx.Pips=0; // If > 0 then ALL other s/l are dropped and trail will only move by Trail.Pips amount for every "Move.Trail.Every.Pips" in profit

extern bool Use.ADR.for.SL.pips=false; // if true s/l and trail according to average daily range and tsl.divisor

extern double tsl.divisor=0.40;

Found out what is happening the EA I Posted is e_Trailing the one newdigital is talking about is e-Trailing which is a different EA.

e-trailing.mq4

e_trailing.mq4

Files:

cja:
newdigital where is the code you have above in the e_Trailing EA, the one I posted has this.

extern string SL_TP_Trail_Options="--------------------------";

extern int StopLoss.Pips=30; // static, initial s/l. Unused if Use.Adr.for.sl.pips = true

extern int TakeProfit.Pips=160; // static, initial take profit

extern int Trail.Pips=15; // trail.pips. Unused if Use.Adr.for.sl.pips=true or if value=0

extern bool Trail.Starts.After.BreakEven=true; // if true trailing will start after a profit of "Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips" is made

extern int Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips=11; // trades in profit will move to entry price + Move.To.BreakEven.Lock.pips as soon as trade is at entry price + Move.To.BreakEven.at.pips

extern int Move.To.BreakEven.Lock.pips=7;

extern int Move.Trail.Every.xx.Pips=0; // If > 0 then ALL other s/l are dropped and trail will only move by Trail.Pips amount for every "Move.Trail.Every.Pips" in profit

extern bool Use.ADR.for.SL.pips=false; // if true s/l and trail according to average daily range and tsl.divisor

extern double tsl.divisor=0.40;

Found out what is happening the EA I Posted is e_Trailing the one newdigital is talking about is e-Trailing which is a different EA.

e-trailing.mq4

e_trailing.mq4

Yes it is different EAs.

I just understand Trailing Stops yet.

Using Firebird, If I have a trade with a TP=15 SL=15 and TS=6

How does the TS of 6 effect this trade? TS doesn't override TP does it?

If the price moves in my favor 6 pips does it move my SL up to it now so if my TP of 15 isn't hit at least I'll still break even with a TP of 6? is that right?

I've read elsewhere that it just moves the SL up 6 pips.

Thanks

Reason: