ASCTrend system - page 39

It is VQ indicator changed the color with arrow on selarate window and this indicator is drawing this rectangle with price on the main window.

Hi ND,

From the looks of the final page it seems much has advanced since the page i am in - 27. However I want to understand everything as I go along. I have installed this on my computer at work and today had a signal to short usdchf. It turned out to be a great signal even though I didnt actually short as VQ was showing green and the movement on Euro at the time was not very clear. What would you have done in this circumstance? Would you disregard VQ and short the pair based on all else.. I know you said VQ is not the most important before so want to see your thoughts.. Thanks

Files:
chf1217.gif  17 kb
chf1217-2.gif  15 kb

Hallo

is it posibol to test it 99 tick data?

how i get 90 tick data ........it show me only 50 ?

thenks

eran

philhm:
Hi ND,

From the looks of the final page it seems much has advanced since the page i am in - 27. However I want to understand everything as I go along. I have installed this on my computer at work and today had a signal to short usdchf. It turned out to be a great signal even though I didnt actually short as VQ was showing green and the movement on Euro at the time was not very clear. What would you have done in this circumstance? Would you disregard VQ and short the pair based on all else.. I know you said VQ is not the most important before so want to see your thoughts.. Thanks

VQ is optional because this indicator is giving many false signals.

As to your trade so:

- I am always trade in day time. Your trade was outside trading time.

- Stochastics on second chart was oversolded. I am using those stochastic indicators to estimate overbought/oversold levels. So it was risky to open sell.

- the trend was started long time ago (M5 timeframe) and probable it was the time to open correctional buy soon ( it was yesterday as i see from your chart).

- Price (your second chart) was already on second fibo level. But second fibo level is good exit (not good enter).

- If you opened sell so look at PT indicator for exit.

You can trade USDJPY and some other pairs outsid trading hours but I did not try to trade outsize trading hours.

Thanks ND, that helps a lot.

Another quick question for you, Regarding correctional trades, what would you say are the most important confirmations that it is a correction for you.. For example today we saw two corrections, one that went good and one that went bad.. i realize that we had news of the Fed injection around the time... but prior to the news the correction was already underway. I am refering to the two below. Cable and JPY.. Cable's correction was minimal although it seemed liek a good setup while the usdjpy's correction was outstanding.. In cable i realize that I should have exited in the second target which happened to coincide with the top of the fast stochs, would you usually look at the combination of such? On my demo I waited hoping that it would go to the price(yellow line) on the PT but ended up exiting when it crossed the dynamic pivot (pink line) which of course was the crossover of the red line...More importantly what are you usually looking to get when you do these correctional trades..

Thanks again

Files:
gbp1912.gif  15 kb
jpy1912.gif  17 kb

philhm:
Thanks ND, that helps a lot.

Another quick question for you, Regarding correctional trades, what would you say are the most important confirmations that it is a correction for you.. For example today we saw two corrections, one that went good and one that went bad.. i realize that we had news of the Fed injection around the time... but prior to the news the correction was already underway. I am refering to the two below. Cable and JPY.. Cable's correction was minimal although it seemed liek a good setup while the usdjpy's correction was outstanding.. In cable i realize that I should have exited in the second target which happened to coincide with the top of the fast stochs, would you usually look at the combination of such? On my demo I waited hoping that it would go to the price(yellow line) on the PT but ended up exiting when it crossed the dynamic pivot (pink line) which of course was the crossover of the red line...More importantly what are you usually looking to get when you do these correctional trades..

Thanks again

In PT indicator the price in blue line. When blue line (price) is crossing red line going to counter trend - it is correction.

And for correctional trend it is necessary to look at stochastic indicators as well because PT insicator is MTF one (means - just informational only).

I am estimating the speed or power of trend using 3 stochastic indicators and when fast stochastic (34; 5; 5) went to 80 or near 80 so it may be the signal for exit sometimes.

It is very difficult to trade correctional trend using this system.

Files:
gbpusd1.jpg  85 kb

But you know ... this downtrend for GBPUSd was started between 11 am and 12 my Metatrader time so it was going for the long time already. If trend started near main pivot line (2.0159 in our case) so we are trading it. If it was started by breaking S3 line (like downtrend in yoyr case) so this system is not trading such a case.

By the way we could predict this downtrend on cable. Just look at one of the informational template (borders of the cloud are support/resistance lines, horizontal yellow lines are s/r lines as well and so on):

Files:
gbpusd2.jpg  111 kb

It was slightly different situation for USDJPY: this pair is on uptrend the several days already. And this downtrend which started today in the morning was simple correctional downtrend for H4 timeframe:

That is why we got good correction for USDJPY on M5 timeframe:

blue line crossed red line in PT indicator and all 3 stochastic indicators were moving almost in the same time.

Files:
usdjpy1.jpg  102 kb

I am testing trading simulator (EA) the 2nd day already.

We are having this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general but I found on Metaquotes codebase something more new and very interesting.

So, i am backtesting one of the asctrend info template on H4 timeframe.

I will post tomorrow the explanation when finished testing (backtesting the indicators without EA creation with 90% quality).

Trading simulator, part #1

As we know we are having this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (trading simulator and backtester if manual systems/indicators). It is a little bit complicated to use. So I found the other one: klot - MQL4 Code Base

---------------------------

How to install.

1. Download IdleLib.dll and Visual_Handle_Tranning_51_4.mq4 files from here klot - MQL4 Code Base

2. Place IdleLib.dll file in library folder of metatrader's directory, Visual_Handle_Tranning_51_4.mq4 - to experts folder.

3. Compile Visual_Handle_Tranning_51_4.mq4 in MetaEditor.

------------------------

How to use.

1. Go to "View" and "Strategy Tester" (in Metatrader). Strategy tester will be opened.

2. Find this EA Visual_Handle_Tranning_51_4, estimate settings, symbol, period, testing from ... and to ... (make sure that your selected testing period macth the 90% modelling quality).

3. Check Visual mode. For example, I decided to test some indicators for EURUSD on H4 timeframe for 1 month:

4. Check speed of backtesting.

5. Press "Start". New window will be opened. Then press pause button: it should look like this after pressing:

6. Right mouse click on the opened chart, then 'Template" and click on your template you want to test. As a results: you will see the chart with your indicators/settings you want to test.

Please note that you must create template for your chart before testing if you do not have it. How to create? Attach all indicators with the settings you want to test, right mouse click on the chart, then "Template" and "Save Template".

7. Check 'Autoscroll" and "Chart Shift" buttons. It must look like this one:

Or it may be like this:

8. Press pause button once again and your chart with start moving.

Trading simulation. You can regulate the speed of the moving.

Files:
123.jpg  24 kb
123_1.jpg  2 kb
123_2.jpg  2 kb
123_3.jpg  2 kb
123_4.jpg  2 kb
Reason: