Great EA in backtest! - page 128

fibo:
I confirm .Silent, no any trade on 1.94ppf

CT is not a scalper (although it could be setted to be, what is not worthwhile, given other more succeful ones).

Sometimes it takes an entire day to make trades, perhaps even two, so no worries.

Time Control

Hi Guys

the latest version as templar said has a new function but has a few things missing which he hoped one of us to add to it ..if i interpreted his statement correctly

regarding managing time control you can either select the option

"time trade hours disabled" and enter your local time for new york or london open or any other time frame

or

select gmt+x(your time zone)

then enter time in gmt where it says "time trade hours disabled"

If anyone thinks differently let me know as this has been my understanding

Also i find that in back test simply by managing time one can increase profits

the old adage you can increase your income either by another source of income(making the ea more efficient) or cutting cost(time control)

tc

Right, I've set GMT to 1 (in 1.94ppf). Now the time reads correctly.

As I write this, the time is 15:25 GMT. The caption reads:-

Good Trading Hour: 15 GMT.

The only problem is, I've got TimeTradeHoursDisabled set to:-

Why, then, does it say "Good" trading hour?

FutureMillionaire?:

The only problem is, I've got TimeTradeHoursDisabled set to:-

Ah ... I think I have a clue. If you look at the coding there are 6 TimeTradeHoursDisabled options. My 15 entry was the 7th (it hasn't worked for 16 or 19 either ... which is why I caught on).

The problem is, I'm not a programmer, so I'm not really sure how to add extra options.

Help?

FutureMillionaire?:
Ah ... I think I have a clue. If you look at the coding there are 6 TimeTradeHoursDisabled options. My 15 entry was the 7th (it hasn't worked for 16 or 19 either ... which is why I caught on).

The problem is, I'm not a programmer, so I'm not really sure how to add extra options.

Help?

To begin with, why using this? I saw no difference on forward test when using trading time hours with CT.

Well forgive me. As I said, there were so many posts that perhaps I didn't read them in sufficient depth. I was under the impression that the best results excluded trading when news was occurring. Are you telling me that this is not the case?

Take Profit

hi

the ea does need to be turned of at certain time like news time ... what i would like to know is which parameter defines how many pips CT takes..as most times trades which end up with a negative balance at some point during that trade are in profit.

thanks

My 2 cents

hi

i have got the strangest idea...maybe cuz its 2am and i am not thinking straight....lol...i am letting the ea open trades on its own and close them manually when they r in profit.....even if each trade doesnt reach its full potential by virtue of cutting your loss in the long term it will pay of..

We can go on forever trying to make the perfect ea..well as i look at my hands not a single finger is the same length

The ea has good sense when to open trades...but the time to close them is always a probability...most times the ea opens about 2 trades in a day...even if we make $60 in a day into 20 days thats 1200 .. by virtue of compounding and cutting loss will ensure max profits

i need to run around my bed and catch up with my sleep...lol

night

Goodnight.

I'm still here though, it's only 22:20 here

...ps. it's now 2 hours later, and I'm getting lonely here ... so I'm off to bed too. Goodnight

God...

Reason: