Great EA in backtest! - page 90

bolt:
Im using version 1.89D posted a page or 2 back. Here are realtime forward results using Alpari demo.

At the same time i set up voice alerts to trade on another real cash platform manually but you have to run and place orders very fast! i also made real cash today following these trades.

Closed P/L: 562.28

Nice. What your setings?

ajcrshr:
aragorn heres the file..took forever to find which one it was lol..

i only tested on eurusd 1h this year,

maybe you can get it to trade more

for some reason the backtester doesn't like this version...it won't open any trades for me??

This thing is reallllllly active! It's on it's 16th position of the day. My tests show that reverseindex=8 seems to be best for the usdjpy pair on interbank. I'm starting to develop another theory about this.

I don't know how to explain it but it's sort of how this EA seems to get itself in gear. I see it take it's losses when it's started inside a retracement bounce, on a reversal. once it's gone thru two or three reversals it seems to get a better grip but until then it's basically gambling. It may be gambling the whole time but something improves after it's been running thru about it's third major trend reversal. I'm guessing about a day or two on this pair. Then it just gets better. Takes it oh I don't know maybe 40 positions or so. This is what I keep seeing over and over on the backtests. If I see it on the forward test this week it will be telltale for me.

My analysis says that it's making on average 12 trades a day in the backtester, that's average sometimes much less and sometimes much more....max of 44 and min of 1. That's a lot of activity!

If I can stand to watch it and keep my maxlots down for one more day if my theory is correct..about wednesday afternoon this thing should start to lift off and I could up my maxlots. I think I have to keep it supressed however that long, unless I see that its riding the trends and reversals ok before that.

Files:

I will test the new reverse index at 8.

today..3 trades 2 wins

sofar it is 10 wins 3 losses.....70%--------Back test win% holding strong.

some times it takes profit at 7 pips last one was at 12 pips. It does seem to get a better handle on things as it goes. And seems to know to take profit early when the market conditions warrant. And hold position longer when justified.

Manually the gbp$ raped me this morning on news Just when it looked to decline on first news 8:30 am est And was holding good position some crazy 9:15 news came out and it reversed.

what is up with a 9:15 news time? I didn't even notice it untill it happened. Then looked back on calander and was like DOH!! WTF. (stupid news)

little venting there off subject.

But any ways....Great EA in forward tests!

Dave

Sorry for the big post but i cant post the EA when its running wont let me. Here is the header file to run on version 1.89d. There is NO hours filter set. Runs on 1 Hour Jippy.

BTW you should make good use of the backtester and tick the Genetic testing. You know what that does dont you?:) Saves guessing.

extern bool ExitMarket = false;

extern bool ShowSuitablePeriod = false;

extern bool ShowMarketInfo = false;

extern bool ShowAccountStatus = false;

extern bool ShowStat = false;

extern bool ShowDecision = false;

extern bool ShowDirection = false;

extern bool BlockSell = false;

extern bool BlockBuy = false;

extern bool ShowLots = false;

extern bool BlockStopLoss = false;

extern bool DisableShadowStopLoss = true;

extern bool DisableExitSell = false;

extern bool DisableExitBuy = false;

extern bool EnableMACD = false;

extern bool EnableMA = false;

extern bool EnableWMA = true;

extern int WMAPeriod = 3;

extern bool EnableFractals = false;

extern bool EnableCCI = false;

extern bool EnableCyberiaLogic = true;

extern bool EnableLogicTrading = true;

extern bool EnableADX = false;

extern bool EnablePivot = false; // Use Pivot_day as filter

extern int PivotPeriod = PERIOD_D1;

extern bool BlockPipsator = true;

extern bool EnableMoneyTrain = false;

extern bool EnableReverseDetector = true;

extern double ReverseIndex = 3.82;

extern double MoneyTrainLevel = 4;

extern int MACDLevel = 10;

extern bool AutoLots = true;

extern double MAXLots = 99; // Max lots size on AutoLots--added by project1972

extern bool AutoDirection = true;

extern double ValuesPeriodCount = 5;

extern double ValuesPeriodCountMax = 5;

extern double SlipPage = 1; // Slippage of the rate

extern double Lots = 1; // Quantity of the lots

extern double StopLoss = 0;

extern double TakeProfit = 0;

extern double SymbolsCount = 1;

extern double Risk = 0.3;

extern bool EnableStaticLots = false;

extern double StaticLots = 1.0;

extern double StopLossIndex = 2.5;

extern bool AutoStopLossIndex = true;

extern double StaticStopLoss = 30;

extern double StopLevel;

extern bool EnableTrailingStop = false; // Enable Dynamic Trailing Stop

extern double TrailingStopFactor = 1.5;

extern string TimeTradeHoursDisabled = ""; // Example "00,01,02,03,04,05" GMT

extern int GMT = 0; // For North Finance GMT = 3, Alpari GMT = 1, IBFX GMT = -1 etc.

extern bool AutoMagicNumber = true;

extern int MagicNumber = 123000; // Magic Number -- change for every pair traded

extern string PIPTimerSep = "------ PIP Timer Setting -----";

extern bool EnablePIPTimer = true;

extern int PIPTimerType = 0; // 0 = seconds; 1 = ticks

extern int MinPIPProfit = 6;

extern int TakePIPTimer = 60;

extern bool SignalMail = True;

//----

double BestPIPProfit = -99999999;

int TakePIPCountDown = 10000;

int LastOrderTicket = 0;

datetime LastCountDownResetTime = 0;

apart from my SMS alerts included and voice prompts below is standard.

Are you guys noticing that it does good even if the price is trending?

reverse index of 8 ....1.5 million from starting with 500 in a year. risk was 1. But draw down max was 45%. wins were 67%

67% is good%. I suspect the draw down was due to the risk. But so was the ending profits.

I am trying other indexes to see if I can get win% up and draw% down down.

I wonder what the broker will do with this trade frequency. We're not scalping.

If I do make huge profits, and a broker runs me off, you bet I'll make sure its brodcast all over the news. I suggest using a broker thats partisipating in the EA contest. That will give us leverage incase we get run off just because we're winning. Because there encouraging us to use EA's. As they said is the reason for holding the contest.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Are you guys noticing that it does good even if the price is trending?

reverse index of 8 ....1.5 million from starting with 500 in a year. risk was 1. But draw down max was 45%. wins were 67%

67% is good%. I suspect the draw down was due to the risk. But so was the ending profits.

I am trying other indexes to see if I can get win% up and draw% down down.

I wonder what the broker will do with this trade frequency. We're not scalping.

If I do make huge profits, and a broker runs me off, you bet I'll make sure its brodcast all over the news.I suggest using a broker thats partisipating in the EA contest.That will give us leverage incase we get run off just because we're winning. Because there encouraging us to use EA's. As they said is the reason for holding the contest.

Dave

Agreed! I tried running some different reverse indexes... mine is set to 4.82 just one whole up from the 3.82 it was set at... and so far so good, i had to move a stoploss today in hopes that it would rebound... and it did! so i got lucky and wimped out for 2 pips in profit (scared it would go down again)

YupYup:
Agreed! I tried running some different reverse indexes... mine is set to 4.82 just one whole up from the 3.82 it was set at... and so far so good, i had to move a stoploss today in hopes that it would rebound... and it did! so i got lucky and wimped out for 2 pips in profit (scared it would go down again)

I was so tempted to do the same. was it between 6pm est and 7 pm est?

Right as it took the loss it placed another order in the same direction and it won. That was when it took the larger profit than normal.

It too knew the price should rebound.

Try to keep from interfeering. You cann't get an acurate picture of what it will do while your away.

currently I am running it at reverse index of 1.91....that is where I got the 72% accuracy tests. And it still turned 500 into 650k in a year. I am running the same test with risk at 1 to see if it will touch 1 mil.

8 index was too choppy and too much draw down for my taste. I don't want the big 1.5 mil # to make me too greedy. It had a big drawdown that was more than my stomach can handle. Giving back 45-57% on indexes at 5-8. Even with a lowered risk.

I would hate to make 100k and then see it drop to 50k. I dunno if I'd keep running it if that happened.

if 100k dropped to 75k I would be ok. I think.

edit....ok risk of 1 gave 950k in a year. 30% draw down. 72% wins 1.91 reverse index. I'll stay with that. I think thats a happy medium

xxDavidxSxx:
I was so tempted to do the same. was it between 6pm est and 7 pm est?

Right as it took the loss it placed another order in the same direction and it won. That was when it took the larger profit than normal.

It too knew the price should rebound.

Try to keep from interfeering. You cann't get an acurate picture of what it will do while your away.

currently I am running it at reverse index of 1.91....that is where I got the 72% accuracy tests. And it still turned 500 into 650k in a year. I am running the same test with risk at 1 to see if it will touch 1 mil.

8 index was too choppy and too much draw down for my taste. I don't want the big 1.5 mil # to make me too greedy. It had a big drawdown that was more than my stomach can handle. Giving back 45-57% on indexes at 5-8. Even with a lowered risk.

I would hate to make 100k and then see it drop to 50k. I dunno if I'd keep running it if that happened.

if 100k dropped to 75k I would be ok. I think.

edit....ok risk of 1 gave 950k in a year. 30% draw down. 72% wins 1.91 reverse index. I'll stay with that. I think thats a happy medium

yea mine was close to that... hahaha. I know what you mean about it being choppy, i couldn't stomach that in a real account! I can't even imagine having 100k made by forex alone in a year! Wouldn't that just be the best thing... ever?! What if it was more, man i say if we clear $100,000 via cyberia we should go on vacation! All meet up and party at some island. Now thats what i'm talking about!

B

YupYup:
yea mine was close to that... hahaha. I know what you mean about it being choppy, i couldn't stomach that in a real account! I can't even imagine having 100k made by forex alone in a year! Wouldn't that just be the best thing... ever?! What if it was more, man i say if we clear $100,000 via cyberia we should go on vacation! All meet up and party at some island. Now thats what i'm talking about! B

lol I'd be on vacation long befor it hit 100k.

I'd say if we make a couple of thousand off of cyberia, we really need to buy the pro version. Or donate money to the cause. Those guys have worked extreamly hard to come up with an EA of this type. Those are some super smart guys. And I cann't imagine how many hours they have put into this. To my knowlage there is no other EA that runs of this kind of logic.

Plus they are constantly improving on the pro version. Can you imagine what they'll have made this into in 5 years? People are running pro version on real money and doing very well. Once we purchase it we will get every updated version they come up with. Plus the support of them and others that have purchesed it.

We don't see many posts on there site because they don't want to give to much away to the free loaders. I bet there on a private forum chatting it up!

There open forum is mostly OS version guys now trying to get info.

Reason: