Great EA in backtest! - page 76

xxDavidxSxx:
that would be cool

thanks

edit: if your gonna add to or make changes to a version do it to this one. This one is the only one being used on a real account. It is from 85f(the one CT says works) the 88,89 versions are said by the developer to not be done yet. And I know personaly they have bugs. Because I had to debug the one I tried to test. It gave no better test results once I got it working.

Here is the code. It simply adds a function to calculate if we are in the middle of a no-trade zone and blocks buy and sell. The CSV file needs to be named SYMBOL-NewsTimes.csv where SYMBOL = EURUSD, etc. The fields are year,month,day,hour,minute,year,month,day,hour,minute

where the first set is the from time and the second set is the end time.

ALL TIMES IN GMT.

There is a possible bug to avoid - always end the last line with a new line.

Save the file in experts/files directory for trading, and tester/files for backtest.

Edit: Never mind previous edit - must be old age setting in.

Files:

devilke:
its open now but do you know how it works?

i found it on russian forum but i cannot understand.

Thx

can you post the link to what you found? I can see if I can clarify.

kalamari:
1.85g is the same as 1.85f, trailing stop corrected only. so i added magicnumber autocalculation to v1.85g and renamed to v1.85g2, because we already have 1.85h. version 1.85g2 attached

you have to fogive me but I didn't see where version h had anything else version g didn't have..what did I miss? wasn't the goal to be able to keep it sidelined on specific dates and times? I didn't see how to do that.

here

xxDavidxSxx:
can you post the link to what you found? I can see if I can clarify.

http://treide.ru/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=95&forum=4

I translated the pages but there way deeper than I can understand in what there discuccing. Sry wish I knew what they know.

The subject was about CT learning but thats all I could get out of it.

devilke:
its open now but do you know how it works?

i found it on russian forum but i cannot understand.

Thx

This is all I can find that saves anything....

three variables...that's it.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| We preserve the values of rates and period of simulation for following statistics |

//+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

int SaveStat()

{

BidPrev = Bid;

AskPrev = Ask;

ValuePeriodPrev = ValuePeriod;

return (0);

}

oddly enough the variables BidPrev and AskPrev are created and filled with this function but don't seem to ever be called for outside of this function...if this is the case they are not being used for anything. The ValuePeriod variable is called on in several places....not sure totally everything it's doing but it does seem largely to be concerned with the simulation parameter itself. That's all I can see.

ok this is interesting....

I ran two tests one with the code turned off like this...the profit was greater and the relative drawdown was 6.91%

int SaveStat()

{

// BidPrev = Bid;

// AskPrev = Ask;

// ValuePeriodPrev = ValuePeriod;

return (0);

}[/PHP]

then I repeated the same test normally with the code turned back on...

[PHP]int SaveStat()

{

BidPrev = Bid;

AskPrev = Ask;

ValuePeriodPrev = ValuePeriod;

return (0);

}

now the relative drawdown is 5.32% which is less...one would think the profit would be more....nope...less profit too...

go figure.

what it means ?

2006.10.11 16:00:02 cyberiatrader1_185f inputs: ReverseIndex=3.82; MoneyTrainLevel=4; MACDLevel=10; MAXLots=10; ValuesPeriodCount=23; ValuesPeriodCountMax=23; SlipPage=1; Lots=0.1; StopLoss=0; TakeProfit=0; SymbolsCount=2; Risk=0.7; StopLossIndex=2.5; StaticStopLoss=11; StopLevel=0; GMT=1; MagicNumber=123000;

what should i do? im using ibfx

Aaragorn:
you have to fogive me but I didn't see where version h had anything else version g didn't have..what did I miss? wasn't the goal to be able to keep it sidelined on specific dates and times? I didn't see how to do that.

Go back and read the post again:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174700/page46

You have to create a csv file with the news dates/times of interest in it. The EA will read the file if you place it in the appropriate folder. One file required each pair traded.

I found this removed/blocked in the code. I unblocked it and am running exact same back test on $jpy to see if there is a difference.

Dave

Files:
code.bmp  750 kb
Reason: