Great EA in backtest! - page 22

New CT 1.83 version

I am posting the new CyberiaTrader 1.83 I just finished. It includes the following revisions:

1. Updated "TimeTradeHoursDisabled" parameter/function. Thanks to OpenStorm and Fikko

2. Corrected string displayed .. thanks to Igorad

3. Added Magic numbers

You need to set a SEPARATE magic number FOR EVERY PAIR you trade with CT 1.83. Do not omit this..you will get order errors.

Also find attached the presets for CT 1.83 as a true ZIP file. I have tightened the Stops a bit which seem to be more profitable. Please forward test both on M5 and H1 timeframes and post your results.

FXSpeedster

Files:

fxspeedster:
I am posting the new CyberiaTrader 1.83 I just finished. It includes the following revisions:

1. Updated "TimeTradeHoursDisabled" parameter/function. Thanks to OpenStorm and Fikko

2. Corrected string displayed .. thanks to Igorad

3. Added Magic numbers

You need to set a SEPARATE magic number FOR EVERY PAIR you trade with CT 1.83. Do not omit this..you will get order errors.

Also find attached the presets for CT 1.83 as a true ZIP file. I have tightened the Stops a bit which seem to be more profitable. Please forward test both on M5 and H1 timeframes and post your results.

FXSpeedster

Thanks very much.

I want to ask what did you actually want to put for the TimeTradeHoursDisabled parameter for EUR/USD preset?

The preset is set to "09,13,14".

the GMT parameter is set to '1'

so, when the US market open around 8am Eastern Time (GMT-4), the broker's hour will be 13 (GMT+1)

Then, looking at the statement in the code:

int hadj=TimeHour(CurTime())-GMT;

It will make hadj = 12. (since CurTime() == 13, and GMT is set to 1)

This might not be correct.

The EA will not block when the US market open, but one hour later.

So, from my understanding is that it should be "08,12,13" GMT Time

08 = when the UK market open

12 = when the US market open

13 = block for another hour.

~~~~~

So, what I'm saying is, the numbers in the "TimeTradeHoursDisabled" parameter, should be according to the GMT+0 hours, irregardless in which timezone your broker is.

The "GMT" parameter is the number of hours offset from GMT time of your broker.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I will be testing it on NorthFinance H1 on EUR/USD and USD/JPY.

(BTW, can someone give me the link where to open CFG account? thx)

New CT 1.85 release

I have added the Dynamic Trailing Stop as a new feature and I have attached v 1.85. Thanks to a friend of mine who is a great MT4 programmer I have got it done and it appears to work great. The new input has been added as EnableTrailingStop and set to true as default. With this option on CT 1.85 will modify dynamically its trailing stop loss. Also I have added the 1.85 presets. Please test and post your comments on both M5 and H1 timeframes.

Now all it needs is one more feature: the order timing function I have explained in my post earlier. Anybody wants to take a crack at it?

FXSpeedster

Files:

emka207:
Thanks very much.

I want to ask what did you actually want to put for the TimeTradeHoursDisabled parameter for EUR/USD preset?

The preset is set to "09,13,14".

the GMT parameter is set to '1'

so, when the US market open around 8am Eastern Time (GMT-4), the broker's hour will be 13 (GMT+1)

Then, looking at the statement in the code:

int hadj=TimeHour(CurTime())-GMT;

It will make hadj = 12. (since CurTime() == 13, and GMT is set to 1)

This might not be correct.

The EA will not block when the US market open, but one hour later.

So, from my understanding is that it should be "08,12,13" GMT Time

08 = when the UK market open

12 = when the US market open

13 = block for another hour.

~~~~~

So, what I'm saying is, the numbers in the "TimeTradeHoursDisabled" parameter, should be according to the GMT+0 hours, irregardless in which timezone your broker is.

The "GMT" parameter is the number of hours offset from GMT time of your broker.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I will be testing it on NorthFinance H1 on EUR/USD and USD/JPY.

(BTW, can someone give me the link where to open CFG account? thx)

Look at the actual GMT time displayed in the left upper corner. If you set your GMT difference correctly then you will get the right "hadj" correct. For example if you have 09 setting then at GMT 09-10 trading will be disabled. I am not familiar with Northfinance, sorry. But I have tested the "TimeTradeHoursDisabled" function and it works perfect for CFG (setting+1) and IBFX (setting-1). The URL for CFG is: www.CFGTrader.com BTW GMT difference to USA EST is -5 currently not -4

good in forward testing

I've tested this EA for two days and it produced 200% profit in forward testing

(moneytech server). If this performance is consistent for the remainder of the month, I'll be really impressed and may buy the product.

Anyone who bought the product yet? If yes, what is your experience so far?

Thanks

investor_me:
I've tested this EA for two days and it produced 200% profit in forward testing

(moneytech server). If this performance is consistent for the remainder of the month, I'll be really impressed and may buy the product.

Anyone who bought the product yet? If yes, what is your experience so far?

Thanks

Remember the version here is the Open Version that we are testing. I am quite sure that the pro version is doing good as well if not better so I recommend to buy the pro and compare it with tthe latest open version in forward testing to see which one does best. My dos cents

Detailed specs for the PIP timer

I wanted to post some more detailed specs about the PIP timer in the hope somebody can implement it. I asked Igor in particular but if he is busy maybe somebody else can do it. SOMEBODY PLEASE STEP UP. Here it is:

Declared Inputs:

bool EnablePIPTimer=true

double MinPIPProfit=6 (pips)

double TakePIPTimer=60 (seconds)

1. If EnablePIPTimer=true;

2. When MinPIPTimer >=6 activate TakePIPTimer (starts to count down to 0 in seconds) -- also you can make it count ticks instead of seconds if it makes more sense.

3. TakePIPTimer counts down: 60, 59, 58..etc.

4. Declare global variable double BestPIPProfit=0; this holds the best PIP profit that the position has attained so far.

5. Make BestPIPProfit=MinPIPProfit initially;

6. Get BestPIPProfit=current PIP profit

7. If BestPIPProfit > MinPIPProfit make MinPIPProfit = BestPIPProfit (this will be the min. floor PIP profit from now on for this open position).

8. When above condition #7 happens restart TakePIPTimer to initial value and enable it for counting..it is counting again 60, 59, 58 etc. down to 0 with the new floor MinPIPProfit.

9. Once the TakePIPTimer reaches 0 CLOSE the open order immediately.

10. If the current PIP profit goes below MinPIPProfit stop TakePIPTimer until again current profit is >= MinPIPProfit (the highest achieved floor) during this run

11. Display "PIPTimer: XX" under "Trading Hour" (inside verbiageandtimecheck()" in the right upper corner so we can see it when it is active and counting.

This is pretty much it, unless you can improve it as well. I think this will be a great feature for CyberiaTrader in order to make it much more profitable. Please post any questions and I will answer immediately.

Thank you so much for your help!

Anyone trading this live yet? Just curious.

updated cyberiatrader 1.80

Attached see the current statement for CT 1.80. The last 5 trades were executed by v 1.85

Files:

Hi

iam poster from this thread very happy to get so much replys

Hi speedster witch timeframe you use on this new EA, and how can i enable 1 pip profit or 2 pip...? takeProfit? ?

Thx all for your great support

Reason: