Volatility Quality Index - page 25

this one comes close but unfortunately it does repaint at times...usually within the last 2 - 3 previous bars...

blue_seraphim:
this one comes close but unfortunately it does repaint at times...usually within the last 2 - 3 previous bars...

An example with picture please...

raff1410:
An example with picture please...

scratch that for a moment....i realised it was the larger time frame that was 'repainting' i.e i have the 4h and daily indicators on the 1h chart as well to use as filters...

while the hourly does not repaint (i need to have a closer look on the auto screen shots) the larger time parameters do change. expectedly because the candle on the 4h and daily hasn't closed yet and so sometimes on a choppy day you get red and green doing the dance but on hindsight every thing looks perfect....apologies for jumping the gun...

that said, this vq is probably the least laggard of the lot....cool...

My Mistake

Sorry Angela

I see now what Raff means.

I am working on two other indi's that use 5min and I'm starting to develop tunnel vision.

Raff I think I found a way to develop the indicator I mailed you about yesterday. I played around and found some interesting outcomes with a combination of RSI, MFI,Volume and the bollinger bands.

I just need to work on the visual output of the bollinger Bands.

Will keep you posted.

The Source

If you combine vq with other nonlagging indicators its very good, i wonder if someone could please post the volatility quality index, not the vq, the one that has mq4. thanks.

cami:
If you combine vq with other nonlagging indicators its very good, i wonder if someone could please post the volatility quality index, not the vq, the one that has mq4. thanks.

Jeeze. How many times are people going to ask for this. Go to post #1 and download it.

There are two different indicators, one is volatility quality index, which is different from vq the new version, i am asking as many others for the volatility quality index.

cami:
There are two different indicators, one is volatility quality index, which is different from vq the new version, i am asking as many others for the volatility quality index.

Show a screen shot of what is different in the one from #1 and the one that used to be called "Volatility quality index". If you can explain what is different then mabye Raff will fix it (If it actually needs fixed).

EDIT: Better yet. Look at the one I posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and compare it to the one in post #1.

mmccormac:
Show a screen shot of what is different in the one from #1 and the one that used to be called "Volatility quality index". If you can explain what is different then mabye Raff will fix it (If it actually needs fixed). EDIT: Better yet. Look at the one I posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and compare it to the one in post #1.

I'm pretty sure Raff already commented on this - I think he said it's calculated in exactly the same way, there are just different default settings.

Reason: