Volatility Quality Index - page 32

Is there any EA that can change it's indicator TF automatically

Hi All of My Friend,

I'm just a Newbie in this Forum. But, I would like to ask anyone in this forum:

1. Is there any EA that can change it's indicator Time Frames automatically based upon market conditions? For Example, if the market is less volatile, the EA moves it's indicator time frame to higher time frame, and change to lower time frame when the market is become more volatile?

2. If there it isn't any EA like that, could anyone sugested an indicator to detect volatility, so the program can take action to change it's decision maker indicator time frame?

3. Or anyone can suggest a thread that discuss such an EA?

It's just an idea from Newbie....

Thanks for your opinion.

Why has this thread died down?...we got an EA!

I tried this kiko martingale VQ EA on the 1HR EUR/USD with an IBFX demo and only get one order....I turned off martingale and was able to get the lotsize to work....

Can somebody fix this to get it to work as it was intended?

Also, I have a question: Will this exit on a VQ color change while it is in the middle of a trade that is waiting for its SL or TP?

Good work folks...nice thread here..(I had to really search to find it)

ES

k3iroll:
Hi monik7,

Thanks for the EA. Nice one. I'm trying to add Martingale function to your EA and it seems that it is not opening or closing the order as the original EA. I'm hoping that you or other senior coders can take a look on what's wrong with the codes. Thanks.

k3iroll

indicator

Dear. Prompt, where it is possible to load indicator VQ. Yours faithfully. Victor

Victor:
Dear. Prompt, where it is possible to load indicator VQ. Yours faithfully. Victor

See first page of this thread.

When posts abruptly stop in a thread indicator

Readers. I have observed something here in the community. Forex tsd is filled with anonymous characters all looking for trading...entertainment...improvement...etc..

But...

When a thread pegs out like this with interest and abruptly stops...something is up...If we could somehow code this phenomonen on MT4 and make a tsd indicator we might have something! Like a heat-map or something.

What I really appreciate is that this was allowed in the public forum and was not sucked into the Elite area...

...anyways perhaps my exuberance is uncalled for...but I am demoing a 4-pair basket (EUR/USD, GBP/CHF, AUD/CAD, NZD/JPY) on H4 charts, with the kiko EA (not the KIKO martingale) with default settings, except I use a SL of 1000 and a TP of 1000 and TS of 15 with a lotsize of 1.0 in my IBFX mini demo account. ....(the EA exits on color change in the Volatility Quality)

I use a second EA named "CloseAll" and I update it to exit at 10% of the banked balance (It is installed on dummy-pair that is not in the basket). The EA's work well together and this basket is performing well and is up 10% in 24hrs. Everything is on automatic and I will just let this run. But I am in hopes that this actually can provide a steady income...finally! but it is too early to tell and how many times have I acted like a young schoolboy after his first kiss here...

Anyways...

CYA

ES

Hi,

You are wasting time, I have an EA that uses this indicator and the results are quite bad. The ratio is too low to do real trading.

I have attached some pictures, with a H1 backtesting on one year with pips generated, max drawdown and ratio. There is no TP and no SL for this backtesting (to have a good quality of modelling). And some examples of live demo trading results.

I have tested it during 4-5 months, it doesn't work. Maybe on larger timeframe, but not interesting to me.

I think the best kind of trading to study is breakout and daily scalping.

Good luck.

funyoo,

That is quite an extensive analysis you have there in your spreadsheet.

You might want to check the H4

I am running all 19 pair to test and I am getting some favorable results with the kiko EA...I double some of the inputs for higher ranging pairs.

ES

funyoo:
Hi,

You are wasting time, I have an EA that uses this indicator and the results are quite bad. The ratio is too low to do real trading.

I have attached some pictures, with a H1 backtesting on one year with pips generated, max drawdown and ratio. There is no TP and no SL for this backtesting (to have a good quality of modelling). And some examples of live demo trading results.

I have tested it during 4-5 months, it doesn't work. Maybe on larger timeframe, but not interesting to me.

I think the best kind of trading to study is breakout and daily scalping.

Good luck.

Hey Fellas,

I tried kiko v2 EA but it didnt work, the EA calls for the indicator "VQ". I just adjusted it in the EA to call for "VQforEA" and then it works fine. I think you could just rename the indicator from VQforEA to VQ. Good luck.

Thanks.

Thanks Mikerock,

I made corrections. It should work now.

Big Be

Reason: