Volatility Quality Index - page 21

mmccormac:
Looks Great! Thanks for all your help. One question though... What is the "Crash" option? Thanks again!

Very funny effect in backtester's visual mode...

Raff

Dooooh.

raff1410:
Very funny effect in backtester's visual mode... Raff

Ok, I set Crash to "True" and it did screw with the bar... What is the use? Is it just a joke? Looks like it changes the results as crash gets closer to "0". Please explain for those of us that are clueless in MQ4 language. Thanks!

***Raff, one other question... On the email option when does it send the mail? Everytime the VQ is flipping or the close of the candle?

mmccormac:
Ok, I set Crash to "True" and it did screw with the bar... What is the use? Is it just a joke? Looks like it changes the results as crash gets closer to "0". Please explain for those of us that are clueless in MQ4 language. Thanks!

Try it in visual mode of backtester... Just funny effect.

Raff

Files:
crash.gif  21 kb

Thanks Raff!!!

raff1410:

Try it in visual mode of backtester... Just funny effect.

Raff

Ok. Got it. So what about the email? before or after the close of candle?

edit...

Don't worry about this... I'll just test. Thanks for everything you've done!

mmccormac:
Ok. Got it. So what about the email? before or after the close of candle?

1.) Alertsand EmailONmust be true...

2.) If RealTime=true, it will send email before the end of the bar (signal could vanish as we know)...

3.) If RealTime=false, it will send email at the first tick of the next bar (confirmed signal)...

Raff

Thank You.

raff1410:
1.) Alertsand EmailONmust be true...

2.) If RealTime=true, it will send email before the end of the bar (signal could vanish as we know)...

3.) If RealTime=false, it will send email at the first tick of the next bar (confirmed signal)...

Raff

That's what I thought... Thanks Raff! Still the best indicator I have.

Hello Raff , you still the BEST oll douggy dought ... by the way can it possible to make a difference sound of alert, like sound 1 and 2 . Cheeer$

Can you post the indicator named "Volatility Quality" [not the one named "VQ"]?

====

Never mind, I found it [must read the fine print]....

67-17454

I had downloaded your files which included the VB program. I had copied the files TradingAsst and Path.txt to the appropriate directory along with the pathname change in Path.txt. Just I do not understand how the VB program VBcode.txt gets called, and must I place it somewhere [not familiar with VB]? Or does the VB program gets caled when the VQ and MACD agrees?

Reason: