Volatility Quality Index - page 40

I am demo'ing it the second day too with take profit = 5, stop loss = 45, hedge = true and martingale = true.

The first imagination:

- very volatile pairs can not be used (GBPJPY and GBPCHF, and GBPUSD and some more),

- besides - gold/usd, gold/eur, silver with usd and silver with eur can not be used too.

- some pairs are very very profitable with this settings.

- this EA will not work during the flat or ranging market (at night for example).

So, I am demo'ing 18 pairs for now.

I will post the results later.

I agree - we need to improve martingale - we need to use martingale instead of stop loss. So, it should be 2 stop loss values:

- normal one for every trade. If price hit this stop loss so the trade will not be closed: the other trade with increased lot size will be opened.

- some kind of global stop loss for all martingale cycle (to secure deposit).

And we need timefilter to trade within 8 am till 6 pm for example.

I will post the statements by pairs later.

newdigital:
I am demo'ing it the second day too with take profit = 5, stop loss = 45, hedge = true and martingale = true.

The first imagination:

- very volatile pairs can not be used (GBPJPY and GBPCHF, and GBPUSD and some more),

- besides - gold/usd, gold/eur, silver with usd and silver with eur can not be used too.

- some pairs are very very profitable with this settings.

- this EA will not work during the flat or ranging market (at night for example).

So, I am demo'ing 18 pairs for now.

I will post the results later.

I agree - we need to improve martingale - we need to use martingale instead of stop loss. So, it should be 2 stop loss values:

- normal one for every trade. If price hit this stop loss so the trade will not be closed: the other trade with increased lot size will be opened.

- some kind of global stop loss for all martingale cycle (to secure deposit).

And we need timefilter to trade within 8 am till 6 pm for example.

I will post the statements by pairs later.

I finished forward testing this version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Statements are attached.

Some good performing pairs

EURUSD:

EURCHF:

General conclusion: martingale should be improved/fixed on the way as described on previous post. Because we are having big drawdown sometimes just because martingale feature is not working well.

After that - it may be this idea https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general about VoltyChannel_Stop indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

That's all for this version.

newdigital

If I understand this version "Volatility Quality Expert Advisor v2"

, does not in "VoltyChannel_Stop" ...?

Thanks.

bebeshel,

Nothing is ready yet.

Of course, EA is working on H1 timeframe as MrTools backtested it.

But if we can make it more "tradable" using M1 so why not?

So, any ideas are welcome.

mrtools

Here is a volatility based indicator called Swing in 3 steps, and performed in "COBOL" on ProRealTime platform. I am familiar with the language not Metatrader, to create, if you can you can make and test, so called because if from entering momentul trading in one direction or another the goal has to be done in 3 till 5 candles, depending "Time Frame", if not reach the target this time is to set the Stop Loss and leave without looking behind:)

-----------------------------

REM Programacion 3 Step

PDS11=14

PDS21=5

PDS31=3

{PDS41=5}

PDS51=3

if Close> Average[PDS11](Close) THEN

x11=STD[PDS11](close)

ELSE

x11=(-1)*STD[PDS11](close)

ENDIF

{x21=((summation[PDS31](x11-lowest[PDS21](x11)))/summation[PDS31](highest[PDS21](x11)-lowest[PDS21](x11)))*100}

x31=x11*AverageTrueRange[5](close)

x41=((summation[PDS31](x31-lowest[PDS21](x31)))/summation[PDS31](highest[PDS21](x31)-lowest[PDS21](x31)))*100

{StochExSD=ExponentialAverage[PDS51](x21)}

StochExATR=ExponentialAverage[PDS51](x41)

REM Calculo RSIV

REM Programacion

x1=(Close-LinearRegression[40](close))

if x1>x1[1] THEN

x2=1

ELSE

x2=0

ENDIF

if x1>x1[1] THEN

x3=x1-x1[1]

ELSE

x3=0

ENDIF

if x1<x1[1] THEN

x4=1

ELSE

x4=0

ENDIF

if x1<x1[1] THEN

x5=x1[1]-x1

ELSE

x5=0

ENDIF

x6=(summation[s](x3))*(summation[s](x2))

x7=(summation[s](x5))*(summation[s](x4))

x8=100-(100/(1+(x6/(x7+0.00001))))

REM Calculo ATREx

REM Programacion

REM Calculo B9WS_ATR

REM Programacion

if Close< ExponentialAverage[40](Close) THEN

Value11=(((Low-ExponentialAverage[40](Low))/Close)*100)*(((AverageTrueRange[14](close))/Close)*100)

ELSE

Value11=(((High-ExponentialAverage[40](High))/Close)*100)*(((AverageTrueRange[14](close))/Close)*100)

ENDIF

Value22=Average[3](Value11)

z1=LinearRegressionSlope[5](StochExATR)

z2=LinearRegressionSlope[5](x8)

z3=LinearRegressionSlope[5](Value22)

y1=LinearRegression[40](close)

y2=AverageTrueRange[14](close)

y3=((y1-close)/y2)*-3

w=z1+z2+z3+y3

LineaZero=0

LineaSobrecompra=+25

LineaSobreventa=-25

uExtrem=ExponentialAverage[40](w)+STD[200](w)

lExtrem=ExponentialAverage[40](w)-STD[200](w)

RETURN w as "TTI_Composite__ACC_P(ATR", LineaZero as "LineaZero", LineaSobrecompra coloured(204,0,153) as "Linea+25", LineaSobreventa coloured(204,0,153) as "Linea-25", uExtrem as "uExtrem", lExtrem as "lExtrem"

newdigital:
bebeshel,

Nothing is ready yet.

Of course, EA is working on H1 timeframe as MrTools backtested it.

But if we can make it more "tradable" using M1 so why not?

So, any ideas are welcome.

Finally got the martingale working right had to use another Ea, and changed to VQ-nrp and used Mladens suggested call out a few pages back, staying with volatility theme changed out the regular take profit,pipstep,and stoploss to atr controlled take profit,stoploss,and pipstep which will require a lot of testing to get good settings, added a time filter for different days of the week, in my testing have found a setting of 20+ for the smoothing of the VQ gives better results, please remember this is martingale type Ea and can be very hazordous to your account.And like Newdigital said above any ideas for improvement are welcome.

For the Ea to work you need VQ-nrp in experts/ indicators folder.

newdigital:
I finished forward testing this version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Statements are attached.

Some good performing pairs

EURUSD:

EURCHF:

General conclusion: martingale should be improved/fixed on the way as described on previous post. Because we are having big drawdown sometimes just because martingale feature is not working well.

After that - it may be this idea https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general about VoltyChannel_Stop indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

That's all for this version.

I was unable to work around with SL and TP, the EA opens another new trade in the same direction of trend even after TP or SL is hit. I think there is still some error.

I'm testing with mrtools new EA attached, will post the results shortly.

Yes, I am testing this new EA too https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general with same pairs. The only I changed is the settings for VQ indicator coded. I am using:

="Entry Settings";

PriceSmoothing = 21;

PriceSmoothingMet = MODE_LWMA;

MA1Period = 5;

MA2Period = 200;

Filter = 5;

shift = 1;

Same M1 timeframne and same pairs:

I am trading it at home (I am not trading at night) so I am closing metatrader at night. If the results will be good so I will move this trading activity to some VPS or server to trade 24/5

But as I understand - EA will not trade often even with the settings changed for M1. Anyway - will see.

Files:
vqv2_1.jpg  177 kb
vqv2_2.jpg  398 kb

LotMultiplier does not work in this new EA. I wanted to change 1.75 to some 1.25 or to 1.00 (to reduce drawdown) but I could not ... or I do not know how to use it: may be - lot size is calculated automatically?

newdigital:
LotMultiplier does not work in this new EA. I wanted to change 1.75 to some 1.25 or to 1.00 (to reduce drawdown) but I could not ... or I do not know how to use it: may be - lot size is calculated automatically?

Hi Newdigital,

During back testing it was working here haven't had any open trades live yet but the Ea will recognize its trades opened and automatically change lotsize accordingly to lot multiplier. If you change to 1 all your martingale lotsizes should be the same as starting lotsize, there is a piece in the code thats like this

if (MaxTrades>12) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.5,2);} else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*LotMultiplier,2); }

In this version changed it to

if (MaxTrades>12) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*LotMultiplier,2); } else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*LotMultiplier,2); }

So if your MaxTrades are greater than 12 your lotsize will be times your multiplier, was thinking of only myself when i left this as is, because my MaxTrades never set above 7, sorry bout that! This version should take care of that!

ps) meant to mention the Ea should take trades as the color changes regardless of overall trend the way Newdigital has it set with higher smoothing is ideal IMO the Ea should then be closer to a trend follower

Reason: