Traping EA for NEWS!! - page 4

I am testing out timebreak but when I attach it to my chart it does not set buy and sell limits. Is there something I am doing wrong. I am new but I have gotten many other EAs to work.

hi,

I have been using Oanda and they are good during normal times but sadly impossible during news as they too widen the spread as well as slippage can cause havoc and potentially very dangerous.

But there are still quite good Forex companies which never freeze the platform, nor increase the spreads during news time.

If any of you guys need any info, let me know and I will gladly help you out.

Plz do pm me.

Cheers

herkfsu:
I am testing out timebreak but when I attach it to my chart it does not set buy and sell limits. Is there something I am doing wrong. I am new but I have gotten many other EAs to work.

Can you post how did you test it step by step?

The TimeBreak EA seem not to be working for me, I tried it against the news for BOE which occurred at 4:30AM EST, and my broker is MIG which means that its 10:30AM in Switzerland. I guess I must have something configured incorrectly, can you please tell me what is wrong [please see the screen shots]?

The EA was setup for both the EURUSD and GBPUSD on the 30minute TF.

For the EURUSD, how come nothing was triggered?

For the GBPUSD, how come onlya buy order was triggered?

Do you think its because of the EA Common Setting which say Disable Alert once hit which caused both problems above?

et_phonehome_2:
The TimeBreak EA seem not to be working for me, I tried it against the news for BOE which occurred at 4:30AM EST, and my broker is MIG which means that its 10:30AM in Switzerland. I guess I must have something configured incorrectly, can you please tell me what is wrong [please see the screen shots]?

Do you think its because of the EA Common Setting which say Disable Alert once hit which caused both problems above?

Seems your settings is okay, but I don't know how to solve it. Maybe you can try to disable that common setting. I always leave it unchecked and never have that problem.

I have ea for news and on demo works

I dont test it on live account yet

Also who want to modify and to add spread because in some week i will have 20000$ account and want to test it live but i use northfinance and i need to add spread at evry order

for example if i want to buy eru/usd at 1.2008 i need to add spread 2 pips to open the order exactly at 1.2008, if i dont add spread the order will be open at 1.2006

Who are coder cand look and make it works.

The ea place 2 orders before the news and the stop loss is 10 pips

TP=20; // The Exact Amount Of the Pips u will get as the profit in your account

NDay=0; // News Day

NHour=0; // News Hour

NMin=0; // News Minute

CTCBN=0; // Numbers Candles to check Before News For determining High & Lows , when it is 1 it check 2 candles the current candle and the 1 last one

SecBPO=300; // Seconds Before News Which EA Will Place Pending Orders

SecBMO=0; // Seconds Before News Which EA Will Stop Modifying Orders

STWAN=120; // Seconds To Wait After News to Delete Pending Orders

OCO=true; // One Cancel The Other , will cancel the other pending order if one of them is hit

BEPips=0; // Pips In profit which EA will Move SL to BE+1 after that

TrailingStop=0; // Trailing Stop

this is for understanding the setup from ea menu

Also who know good broker with metatrader for news trading low spread and no slipage or low slipage?

Best regards

Enjoy

Files:
newstrading.mq4  21 kb

Time zones

et_phonehome_2:

Looking at your times you have set the EA to open at EST 4.28 but if the local time on the platform is set at GMT then you will have to set the EA to GMT equivalent to the EST. I would have to set EST 4.28 as 8.28 to trade that announcement.

Suggest that you check out the actual time being used by your broker, InterBank FX uses GMT and 8.28 would be right to trade that announcement with that broker.

John

Devil2000:
Seems your settings is okay, but I don't know how to solve it. Maybe you can try to disable that common setting. I always leave it unchecked and never have that problem.

I will try this for the next news during the London session....

Thanks

ET

et_phonehome_2:
I will try this for the next news during the London session....

Thanks

ET

You can try this anytime to make sure it's work. Just put a large number on the "gap" parameter for safety.

I need some clarification, according to the TimeZone parameter, it states that its the "Diffrence between server time and local time," what does that mean exactly? I had interpreted as follows:

local time is my PC time which is EST, eg., 4:30 am

server time is MIG time on Metatrader which would be 10:30 am

I know that the trade triggered at 10:30 am from the Metatrader clock from MIG. I would much appreciate if someone can tell me what the TimeZone value should be?

Reason: