Traping EA for NEWS!! - page 3

Devil2000:
I don't know about the original EA by thread starter, but TimeBreakExpert did great for me during ECB rate and last friday's NFP. I got 100 pips from ECB rate (it could be more if I didn't set my lock too tight) and 120 pips from NFP.

I set the indicator to open 2 pending orders (buy and sell) 1 minute before news release. I don't like limit profit so I set it 0, trailing stop 20, SL 25, gap 15, and you can set lot parameter manually or using MM feature.

This indicator seem looks great in high volatily news.

Good luck

I would like to know how you "set the indicator to open 2 pending orders (buy and sell)"

I did'nt find the switch, or is it in the code?

do you have to open 2 EA's, 1 buy / 1 sell?

thx in advance

Thanks. How far did they widen the spreads on EURO and Cable with NFP on Friday?

Devil2000:
I'm using realtrade for about 3 weeks. I'm still learning so I need a broker with lowest minimal deposit margin, so far I have no problem with them. Last week, I notice their server was freeze for few hours, but I don't thing they want to cheat their customer or something because the last one was happen before busy hour (london open).

Looking at the code, it will set both buy and sell pending orders right at the time you specify. Haven't looked enough to know whether one gets cancelled when the other gets filled, but, I imagine that's the case. The code looks well written.

mdean:
I would like to know how you "set the indicator to open 2 pending orders (buy and sell)"

I did'nt find the switch, or is it in the code?

do you have to open 2 EA's, 1 buy / 1 sell?

thx in advance

This EA will automaticaly open 2 pending orders for you (buy and sell), all you have to do is set the gap parameter.

Buy stop = price + current spread + gap,

sell stop = current price - gap

From my experience, when one order gets filled the other will be closed after price move in your direction (I still need to find out howmany pips)

If your broker's spread is usually widen during news, you can add more gap. In high volatile market such as NFP which the price will move 100-200 pips, more gap will help you to avoid whipsaw. Just don't get too greedy, more gap will reduce your potential profit but reduce your risk too. Afterall this is not a holy grail, your scenario may be fail sometime.

I'm using default slippage. My broker didn't widen the spread at last NFP, at least not until 30 seconds before news release.

You can test it on demo account to get familiar with it. That's what I did.

So far so good, but I don't know the future.

Devil2000:
This EA will automaticaly open 2 pending orders for you (buy and sell), all you have to do is set the gap parameter.

From my experience, when one order gets filled the other will be closed after price move in your direction (I still need to find out howmany pips)

If your broker's spread is usually widen during news, you can add more gap. In high volatile market such as NFP which the price will move 100-200 pips, more gap will help you to avoid whipsaw. Just don't get too greedy, more gap will reduce your potential profit but reduce your risk too. Afterall this is not a holy grail, your scenario may be fail sometime.

I'm using default slippage. My broker didn't widen the spread at last NFP, at least not until 30 seconds before news release.

You can test it on demo account to get familiar with it. That's what I did.

So far so good, but I don't know the future.

Thanks I understand,

concerning TimeTrade/TimeFinish at 23:00 would'nt this setting go against you considering most breakouts last only 30 mins to 1 hr before falling?

mdean:
Thanks I understand, concerning TimeTrade/TimeFinish at 23:00 would'nt this setting go against you considering most breakouts last only 30 mins to 1 hr before falling?

I'm using this EA only for open pending orders for me, I could do it manually, but this EA make it easier. And I'm using a trailing stop parameter to secure my trade in case the price move 20 pips in my favor then reverse to it's "real" direction. After a few minutes if price move more than 20 pips in my favor and seems stable in it's direction, I turn it off and trade manually until I find a signal to exit. That simple

Good luck

Devil2000:
I don't know about the original EA by thread starter, but TimeBreakExpert did great for me during ECB rate and last friday's NFP. I got 100 pips from ECB rate (it could be more if I didn't set my lock too tight) and 120 pips from NFP.

I set the indicator to open 2 pending orders (buy and sell) 1 minute before news release. I don't like limit profit so I set it 0, trailing stop 20, SL 25, gap 15, and you can set lot parameter manually or using MM feature.

This indicator seem looks great in high volatily news.

Good luck

Any adjustment necessary for the time? Or will place orders when EA is placed on chart.

aelimian:
Any adjustment necessary for the time? Or will place orders when EA is placed on chart.

I left the timezone paramater by default, and I set TimeTrade parameter depends on server's time. I think you need to try it on demo account, try this..try that.. that will answer most of questions.

Devil2000:

Devil2000 which indicator are you talking about? The first one posted by smalltalk doesn't account for the spread at all. The traps are not the same on both sides.

I will now try TimeBreakExpert, I suppose that's the one you're refering to?

fxkingg:
Devil2000 which indicator are you talking about? The first one posted by smalltalk doesn't account for the spread at all. The traps are not the same on both sides. I will now try TimeBreakExpert, I suppose that's the one you're refering to?

Yep, I'm refering to TimeBreakExpert. Sorry for Smaltalk, I may disturb his thread. Last night I'm failed, do you know why? Because Bernanke open FOMC meeting 1 minute faster than the schedule, I guess I need to set it to open pending orders 2 minutes before the schedule.

Reason: