Traping EA for NEWS!! - page 2

I tried this EA and trailing stop doesn't work. Why?

try this... it did great!!

try this....

Files:

stevenali:
try this....

I don't know about the original EA by thread starter, but TimeBreakExpert did great for me during ECB rate and last friday's NFP. I got 100 pips from ECB rate (it could be more if I didn't set my lock too tight) and 120 pips from NFP.

I set the indicator to open 2 pending orders (buy and sell) 1 minute before news release. I don't like limit profit so I set it 0, trailing stop 20, SL 25, gap 15, and you can set lot parameter manually or using MM feature.

This indicator seem looks great in high volatily news.

Good luck

Devil2000:
I don't know about the original EA by thread starter, but TimeBreakExpert did great for me during ECB rate and last friday's NFP. I got 100 pips from ECB rate (it could be more if I didn't set my lock too tight) and 120 pips from NFP.

I set the indicator to open 2 pending orders (buy and sell) 1 minute before news release. I don't like limit profit so I set it 0, trailing stop 20, SL 25, gap 15, and you can set lot parameter manually or using MM feature.

Good luck

Did you have any problem with the spread widing up on you? There were some extreme spreads during the time when this EA seems most effective, and was wondering if you saw any problem with that...

Thanks!

-Cubesteak

cubesteak:
Did you have any problem with the spread widing up on you? There were some extreme spreads during the time when this EA seems most effective, and was wondering if you saw any problem with that...

Thanks!

-Cubesteak

I don't have any problem like that, at least for now. I set this EA to open 2 pending orders 1 minutes before news release. I don't know if there's any broker widen their spread before news release.

bad bad bad

I had tried this so many times, you may succeed once or twice but :

a) The Brokers freeze the feed and the platforms wakes up to a loosing trade..

b) The spreads double and when you lose its 33% more losses for a sl of 10.

c) The brokers manipulate and spike it 1 min before the news.

d) The orders are rejected some time, with a trade context .

e) The worse bit is when the brokers do not honor the stops because of market volatility (they just point you to the clause in the contract where they cannot control stuff under extreme market conditions...I lost a 5k account like this ...)

f) I won a few times with this strategy and lost 5 times that much....

g) Pro traders do not trade news like this anymore it is too risky.

Just food for thought

pip-gandalf:
I had tried this so many times, you may succeed once or twice but :

a) The Brokers freeze the feed and the platforms wakes up to a loosing trade..

b) The spreads double and when you lose its 33% more losses for a sl of 10.

c) The brokers manipulate and spike it 1 min before the news.

d) The orders are rejected some time, with a trade context .

e) The worse bit is when the brokers do not honor the stops because of market volatility (they just point you to the clause in the contract where they cannot control stuff under extreme market conditions...I lost a 5k account like this ...)

f) I won a few times with this strategy and lost 5 times that much....

g) Pro traders do not trade news like this anymore it is too risky.

Just food for thought

Hmmm.. seems like the world conspirate against us..

You may be right, but we can test it using micro lot for some times to make sure the world is getting better or not. Thanks for your warning

Rgrds

What broker are you working with? Was your recent success on a demo or live account? Thanks.

I was up early Fri morning to catch the NFP wave and got on the upside with FXDD just before the announcement. However, FXDD locked up shortly thereafter. I tried to upwardly adjust my TP, but, couldn't as their system was down...

I was envisioning what would have happened had I had an EA running this for me with trailing stops when all of a sudden the broker platform becomes non-responsive.

Anyway, again, just interested in which broker you've had success with trading this EA.

Thanks again.

Devil2000:
I don't have any problem like that, at least for now. I set this EA to open 2 pending orders 1 minutes before news release. I don't know if there's any broker widen their spread before news release.

billworld2:
What broker are you working with? Was your recent success on a demo or live account? Thanks.

I was up early Fri morning to catch the NFP wave and got on the upside with FXDD just before the announcement. However, FXDD locked up shortly thereafter. I tried to upwardly adjust my TP, but, couldn't as their system was down...

I was envisioning what would have happened had I had an EA running this for me with trailing stops when all of a sudden the broker platform becomes non-responsive.

Anyway, again, just interested in which broker you've had success with trading this EA.

Thanks again.

I'm using realtrade for about 3 weeks. I'm still learning so I need a broker with lowest minimal deposit margin, so far I have no problem with them. Last week, I notice their server was freeze for few hours, but I don't thing they want to cheat their customer or something because the last one was happen before busy hour (london open).

Excellent. How does this EA fare with whipsaws? If your pending buy gets filleds, is your pending sell automatically closed? Sure wouldn't want to lose in both directions.

Do you just use the default slippage value of 6? I'm trying to envision a scenario where even with a solid break one doesn't get filled due to the broker widening their spreads past the gap threshold plus slippage. Or, does one get filled regardless (at market)?

Devil2000:

Good luck
Reason: