Traping EA for NEWS!! - page 5

clock

just to make easy to set time.... and to be ready for getting pips from news

Files:
qlock.zip  600 kb

hello

about my post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

this is diferent ea just take a look

I have QLOCK, just I want to know if my parameters are correct for the TimeZone parametr or should I just leave it at 0 [default] instead of specifying the value of 5?

Time zones.

et_phonehome_2:
I need some clarification, according to the TimeZone parameter, it states that its the "Diffrence between server time and local time," what does that mean exactly? I had interpreted as follows:

local time is my PC time which is EST, eg., 4:30 am

server time is MIG time on Metatrader which would be 10:30 am

I know that the trade triggered at 10:30 am from the Metatrader clock from MIG. I would much appreciate if someone can tell me what the TimeZone value should be?

I have just traded the latest news announcement successfully with the following settings. I live in Australia in the Eastern Standard Time Zone.

TimeZone 0

TimeTrade 1229

TimeFinish 1329

The American Eastern time was 8.29AM and my Aus EST was 10.29PM.

I do not understand the ramifications of the TimeZone settings but it worked for me set as above working with InterbankFX.

John

et_phonehome_2:
I have QLOCK, just I want to know if my parameters are correct for the TimeZone parametr or should I just leave it at 0 [default] instead of specifying the value of 5?

Hi et_phonehome_2, I usually put 0 on TimeZone parameter and put server's timezone on TimeTrade parameter and it's work fine. But if you insist, you can see the code using MetaEditor, there are many explanation there.

Devil2000

Thanks for your help, it seems that I should just leave TimeZone set to 0 as you have said, and just set the TimeTrade to appropriate time I want to trade based upon the broker's time. And thanks to all who replied to my problem....

I have noticed that it can automatically close a position by the specified time even if it was never executed [that is, pending order]. Just I have a question, it had closed a pending order prior to the TimeFinish - actually a few minutes after the TimeTrade though my TimeFinish was 1/2 hour away. Does anyone know why it did that?

first of using any news ea you should find good broker

i talck with many broker who use metatrader but i still dont find good one where to invest more money for news trading.

i dont find a broker who guarante stop loss, they have slipage, they do requote and i really dont find good broker with metatrader platform

doesn`t work

stevenali:
try this....

ea dosn`t work i get this error when try to combile i

'ExpertName' - variable expected C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\TimeBreakExpert_v1_1.mq4 (15, 19)

Can somebody help to modify this ea TimeBreakExpert_v1_1.mq4 to not use OCO(one cancel other) function.I need the other pending is remain if one of the pending was opened position.

Thanks so much ..

Files:
Reason: