Phoenix is here! - page 26

Hendrick,

I am sorry, I did not want to sound like a tout for Rockwell. I wanted to quote my reference... how many trades you need to backtest your system to prevent over fitting.

Of course, out of the box thinking is what is needed to succeed, not only in forex, but in many other careers. You are doing a great job with system development and I hope you will continue to do so.

Good luck.

Forward testing V4.2

Hello All

I am started to test V4.2 Broker: Spottrader.

I forward test USD/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, GBP/CHF, EUR/CHF,

EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY.

I use default setting, but maybee put in trailingstop.

I will report back here in one week.

regards

Fratelli

MT4 Strategy Tester

Hendrick, can we be assured that the report and optimization will be valid if we follow your steps for the strategy tester. There has been a lot of discussion on the tester as not working well. Are all of the problems described due to rewriting of history on a demo account? If so, couldn't we just mark the history file as read only once the account has been set up so we could still get build updates?

DeadEye96:
Hendrick, can we be assured that the report and optimization will be valid if we follow your steps for the strategy tester. There has been a lot of discussion on the tester as not working well. Are all of the problems described due to rewriting of history on a demo account? If so, couldn't we just mark the history file as read only once the account has been set up so we could still get build updates?

If your History data is correct, the tester of MT4 is a great tool to test your strategies and to find the right settings. I think that the problems you mentioned, could be caused by overwriting this data. I've never tried to mark the history files as read-only! Will try it some of these days. Thanks!

Check USDJPY for Phoenix 4.2

Check the settings for USDJPY:

Percent=0.0032 (and not 0.032)

Hi, Also in first setting you have Fast_Period greater than Slow_Period.

jojolalpin:
Hi, Also in first setting you have Fast_Period greater than Slow_Period.

I know. And that's what I call "thinking outside the box" (now by the EA itself). We are used that Slow_Period > Fast_Period. But what if your EA shows you a much larger profit if Fast_Period>Slow_Period? Are you still using what you have learned or what you see with your own eyes in your Strategy Tester?

so it's not a mistake.

Phoenix Report Tuesday 9:30 CST

15M Time Frame (3) pair only using default settings set by Hendrick in posts

EUR/JPY, USD/JPY, GBP/JPY notice one big Loss, SPACE FX DEMO

Files:
phoenix.htm  9 kb

txsundevil:
Phoenix Report Tuesday 9:30 CST

15M Time Frame (3) pair only using default settings set by Hendrick in posts

EUR/JPY, USD/JPY, GBP/JPY notice one big Loss, SPACE FX DEMO

I love the GBPJPY!!

Reason: