Phoenix is here! - page 17

eqnaz:
im still got a problem with the time setting..

ive follow the hendrick instruction to sync the time.. but it still open trade in wrong time...

now,i think this EA is not follow using local time but using server time...ive test it on two same charts with different set of time.. maybe i can see the result tonite..

who got the problem like me please tell..im using North Finance

Hi,

Think that all EAs is using the server time...

Those timezones are real brainteasers.

Your own time, GMT and server time. Not forget about daylight saving time.

Of course every continent starts its daylight saving at a diffrent date

MT4 isn't aware of all that crap.

It uses server time. And server time is just what you see in the charts.

Open a H1 chart. Point to it and you see the date and time of the bar.

As prove it has nothing to do with your PC settings do the following.

- Open H1

- Write down the time and date of the last bar.

- Change your PC date and time.

- Check the last bar again. Still the date and time you wrote down.

Hower timezones can have a problem.

Say you on trading D1. The candle starts at 0:00 server time.

It does for everyone on this forum. If we convert server time to GMT you will see that the start of a D1 bar starts at a diffrent GMT time.

Why bother you might think.

Suppose tests show Phoenix does very well on D1 at open of the bar at 5:00 GMT; but your bar opens at 7:00 GMT just to late to catch the moves that start at 5:00

Maybe it would help to use the free http://www.ntp-systems.com/symmtime_download.asp

TraderSeven:
Those timezones are real brainteasers.

Your own time, GMT and server time. Not forget about daylight saving time.

Of course every continent starts its daylight saving at a diffrent date

MT4 isn't aware of all that crap.

It uses server time. And server time is just what you see in the charts.

Open a H1 chart. Point to it and you see the date and time of the bar.

As prove it has nothing to do with your PC settings do the following.

- Open H1

- Write down the time and date of the last bar.

- Change your PC date and time.

- Check the last bar again. Still the date and time you wrote down.

Hower timezones can have a problem.

Say you on trading D1. The candle starts at 0:00 server time.

It does for everyone on this forum. If we convert server time to GMT you will see that the start of a D1 bar starts at a diffrent GMT time.

Why bother you might think.

Suppose tests show Phoenix does very well on D1 at open of the bar at 5:00 GMT; but your bar opens at 7:00 GMT just to late to catch the moves that start at 5:00

Maybe it would help to use the free http://www.ntp-systems.com/symmtime_download.asp

Really don't know why is so hard for you to put the right trading time in the EA. Think that Hendrick is using Phoenix with NF, so test it there.

Hope this will help you.

Please got to this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Have a nice day

Ok, let's put all this timezones bollocks to rest. Hendrick said that Phoenix uses YOUR LOCAL TIME! His local time is GMT+2, North Finance's server time is GMT+3, but NF's server time does NOT matter, according to Hendrick. Just use HIS local time. So if his time is 8 and you are in New York, your entry for his 8 is 2 because there is a 6 hour difference between your local time and his local time.

JoZo:
Really don't know why is so hard for you to put the right trading time in the EA.

Just trying to help. What do I get as a thanks? Comments from people who don't even understand what I wrote....

Read what I wrote. Then read the code. Then draw conclusions....

I started 2 demos on Phoenix v2.1 on July 19 ~16:30 GMT on eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/jpy, usd/chf, aud/usd, eur/gbp, eur/jpy. $5.000 Demos and MM=true, WantToGamble=true.

1st demo - tp=60, sl=55, ts=18. Same timefilters as Hendirck set to EST.

6 wins - no loses - 1 breakeven. Profit = $279.74. (it should be noted that for the 1st 14 hours, I was only running eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/jpy, usd/chf)

2nd demo - tp=18, sl=42, ts=0. Same timefilters.

8 wins - no loses. Profit = $305.05

What I find interesting about using the ts is that when it can, it adjusts the sl to a point above the Buy entry point or below the Sell entry point. When successful in doing this by the OrderModify function, it makes sure of profits on that order. On Demo 1 above, the 6 wins consist of 5 sl profits and 1 tp profit. COOL.

Wackena

TraderSeven:

Good to see you here.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank you for your outstanding work with the Firebird EA - an impressive concept indeed.

I was using the Firebird EA on and off over the last few months. In general the returns were good but if s*** hit the fan.... well it wasn't so good

Henrick did a terrific job in adapting the Firebird and let the Phoenix raise.

Sometimes it just need a fresh pair of eyes and a couple of new ideas

Good job - both of you !!!

AZBOfin

TraderSeven:
Just trying to help. What do I get as a thanks? Comments from people who don't even understand what I wrote.... Read what I wrote. Then read the code. Then draw conclusions....

My apologise...

Sorry I have understood something different...

Sorry again.

Thank you Hendrick

Hendrick , could you please answer this question

Did you consider the mini account like 1000$ in your code ?

Did you consider the lots automatic increase in your code ?

If not please do that

Your brother Hassan2

Reason: