[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 121

Dimka-novitsek:

Yeah. Let me try.

Look in the log button, see if it says what it's missing.

2011.02.18:37:16 further: -I think this is normal.

I want to get the value of the Zig-Zaga peaks into the EA.

Sample reference to a custom ZigZag:

Val= iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "ZigZag", ExtDepth, ExtDeviation, ExtBackstep, 0, 1);

Val= iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "ZigZag", ExtDepth, ExtDeviation, ExtBackstep, 2, idx);

but I don't understand what the penultimate digit in brackets means?

The problem here is understanding the practical purpose of the "mode" parameter - the buffer number.

For zig-zag it is what? How do I determine the number I need? What will change if I specify values for "mode" = "0", "1" or "2" ?

Dimka-novitsek:

2011.02.18:37:16 further: -I think this is normal.

Then you must as alsu advises. Try one parameter on a couple of options. How it works.

Please tell me how to avoid the influence of weekends when there are no bars. Suppose bar numbers are calculated using the formulas:

int i1=(Time[0]-t1)/60/Period();

int i2=(Time[0]-t2)/60/Period();

and the number of bars between i1 and i2 equals the difference between them. That is: Number of bars = i1-i2. But if i1 and i2 fall between weekend days, the number of bars will be calculated taking into account the bars that do not exist on Saturday and Sunday. How do I get out of this situation?

Regards, Dmitry.

Vekker:

I want to get the value of the Zig-Zaga peaks into the EA.

Sample reference to a custom ZigZag:

Val= iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "ZigZag", ExtDepth, ExtDeviation, ExtBackstep, 0, 1);

Val= iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "ZigZag", ExtDepth, ExtDeviation, ExtBackstep, 2, idx);

but I don't understand what the penultimate digit in brackets means?

The problem here is understanding the practical purpose of the "mode" parameter - the buffer number.

For zig-zag it is what? How do I determine the number I need? What will change if I specify values for "mode" = "0", "1" or "2" ?

In the init() function of the called indicator, find lines SetIndexBuffer(number_from_0_to_7, name_buffer). This number_from_0_to_7 is the mode. Whichever one you specify, that buffer will be called.

alsu:
In the init() function of the called indicator, find the lines SetIndexBuffer(number_from_0_to_7, name_buffer). Here number_from_0_to_7 is the mode. Whichever one you specify, that buffer will be called.

Thank you, I found it. There I have :

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer);
SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtMapBuffer2);

Vekker:

I don't know if you got it right,

This is

SetIndexBuffer(0,...);
SetIndexBuffer(1,...);

You have to look in the ZigZag code.

alsu:

I don't know if you got that right,

It's .

Have to look in the ZigZag code

I have an ICWR indicator in my code library. It automatically builds a Fibonacci Ruler based on the last peak of a given size, based on the ZigZag.

It specifies

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer);
SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtMapBuffer2);

Is it possible to overlay the MA from the regular hourly chart on the Renko chart generated by the EA (e.g. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9358)? Is it possible in principle? Is it possible to make such an indicator for money?
Reason: