Phoenix is here! - page 14

Nice work on the EA. Any chance you can add a the following variable:

GMTOffset

That way, everyone can set the Timefilters to GMT and then put in the offset to their broker (FXDD is 3, MIG is 2, ect.).

I wish all brokers just used the same timezone (GMT) but they don't so this feature would at least help for everyone to get good timefilters.

Thanks.

holyguy7:
Nice work on the EA. Any chance you can add a the following variable:

GMTOffset

That way, everyone can set the Timefilters to GMT and then put in the offset to their broker (FXDD is 3, MIG is 2, ect.).

I wish all brokers just used the same timezone (GMT) but they don't so this feature would at least help for everyone to get good timefilters.

Thanks.

Hey Holyguy,

I will put this on my list. Do you know by any chance where I can find the time settings for all (MT4) brokers?

Statement of one day with version 2. Of course much too early to have an opinion about this, but I think the performance of this version is much better than the previous version. When placing trades Phoenix now takes the trend in consideration. I will post version 2.1 today or tomorrow where you can adjust a lot of settings of the new EMA-code. Stay tuned!

Files:

Hendrick:
Hey Holyguy, I will put this on my list. Do you know by any chance where I can find the time settings for all (MT4) brokers?

You don't need to find that. All you need to do is create a variable that each user can enter that offsets GMT to their broker.

I have seen it on a number of EAs. It just makes it easier because then all the timefilters are the same for every user (based on GMT) and the only thing the user has to change is the amount their broker is offset to that.

For instance:

If I wanted to timefilter the USDJPY currency pair:

I would want to say, filter from 6 to 15 GMT, on my broker because I am +3 GMT (FXDD) I would have to enter 9 to 18 GMT.

Instead, why not just have everyone enter 6 to 15 GMT and then create a variable that each user would have to enter.

GMTOffset 3 for FXDD

GMTOffset 2 for MIGfx

GMTOffset 0 for InterbankFX

I hope you understand.

Which Pairs?

Henrick,

Thanks for posting the latest and greatest version of Phoenix. I am currently setting up some charts.

What pairs did you use? I see the ones in your statement, but I didn't know if there were others that perhaps hadn't placed a trade.

Thanks again for your work on this EA.

holyguy7:
You don't need to find that. All you need to do is create a variable that each user can enter that offsets GMT to their broker.

I have seen it on a number of EAs. It just makes it easier because then all the timefilters are the same for every user (based on GMT) and the only thing the user has to change is the amount their broker is offset to that.

For instance:

If I wanted to timefilter the USDJPY currency pair:

I would want to say, filter from 6 to 15 GMT, on my broker because I am +3 GMT (FXDD) I would have to enter 9 to 18 GMT.

Instead, why not just have everyone enter 6 to 15 GMT and then create a variable that each user would have to enter.

GMTOffset 3 for FXDD

GMTOffset 2 for MIGfx

GMTOffset 0 for InterbankFX

I hope you understand.

All clear now! As soon as I'm back from my holydays I will change the code of Phoenix. Your contributions are much appreciated!

Profit Locking In MM

Hi Hendrick...

Can you think about this additional feature maybe for version 2...

I am thinking about an additional feature to money management for those of us that are interested in what i call "Profit Locking"

1. Profit Locking will allow the user to turn it ON or OFF from an input setting.

2. Profit Locking will have a value setting which will respresent a percentage.

Now here is how Profit Locking will work.

If Profit Locking is "ON" and user has specifiied a value setting of "2"

Then if Account Balance or Equity increases by 2% disable trading for the rest of the day... Profits are locked

Obviously there will have to be some time/day checking mechanism to ensure Profit Locking is done based on Daily values of Account Balance and Time

Just an idea

Profit Keeping

Marvinsk, I like that approach. How about also adding "Safeguard" ie. if Account Balance or Equity decreases by 2% disable trading for the rest of the day and therefore previous profits are not reduced any further. We as traders can make money however keeping it by not losing the next hour or the next day is occasionlly what prevents us from increasing our equity consistently and or considerably. The reason that I think Safeguard is a good idea is because if we hit a bad wave in the market then closing down for a time and waiting for a wave that is more congruent to the trading parameters in Phoenix might help the overall equity curve. Thanks for considering this Hendrick. cheers

Reason: